[sgt]-[discussion room] CyanogenMOD 9.0 by te4m[MTD][4.0.4]

how many people want this thread for discussion ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

priyana

Jul 21, 2007
Ok, just done with the modem version "modem-galaxytab-p1000xxjpz.zip" but all the same.

Your problem sounds like middle eastern tab problem.
You don't happen to have a middle eastern tab?
There is a thread in the forum about it if it is.

Edit: actually yours doesn't sounds like that problem. It sounds like the opposite of that problem.
For the middle eastern problem, the wifi dropped off when SIM card is inserted.
Anyway the thread was
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1445766

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

TMacPT

Feb 28, 2011
Porto
First of all, THANKS for being here.

The problem is solve and have nothing to do with the rom (i think)

its like this, my sim card "OPTIMUS PT" works fine in the rom 2.3.3 ( i have two tabs 7") after i make the upgrade to 4.0.4 still the problem.

So I take the sim card from the other tab "TMN PT" and it works perfect. The sim card of " OPTIMUS PT" don´t have no kind of problem because is now working in the 2ª tab (with 2.3.3 GB for now) . So , i have my problem solve for now.

My question now is when i make the upgrade for 4.0.4 its recomended to remove the sim card ??? Or is this a coincidence ?

Because i been looking around and can´t find nobody with a similar problem... in last resource i will go to mobile operator and try they replace the sim card.

Continue the EXCELLENT work,

Best Regards,

TMacPT

alroger

May 19, 2011
Deerfield Beach
OnePlus 6
Moto G Stylus 5G
Ok, just done with the modem version "modem-galaxytab-p1000xxjpz.zip" but all the same.

That's the one that comes with CM9. You must find out which modem you had working for you before the CM9 upgrade. Just that. Search for "modem.bin" in this thread and development thread mentioned in the first post for more tips. You can extract modem.bin from your previously working ROM.

andnej

Jul 29, 2011
Jakarta
Cm9 rc2 released but wonder why no rc2 for p1?

@alroger
No alroger's rc2 build of te4m?

reggaetonero

Nov 1, 2008
Hello peeps,

Complete noob here and I was wondering if someone can help me out.
I currently have the following stock tab:

Base P1000XXJPZ
kernel 2.6.35.7ROOT@DELL101#2
build GINGERBREAD.XWJP9

I want to give my tab a new lease of life by rooting and installing an ICS rom.

But am having difficulties understanding what MTD is.
Are stock roms MTD or NON MTD?

phlooke

Dec 18, 2011
London
Hello peeps,

Complete noob here and I was wondering if someone can help me out.
I currently have the following stock tab:

Base P1000XXJPZ
kernel 2.6.35.7ROOT@DELL101#2
build GINGERBREAD.XWJP9

I want to give my tab a new lease of life by rooting and installing an ICS rom.

But am having difficulties understanding what MTD is.
Are stock roms MTD or NON MTD?

MTD is the file system layout.
Stock are non MTD.

Bye,
Derk

What Derk ^^ said.

Dont worry too much about it.
When you install CM9 from recovery for the first time it will reboot the tab halfway through, after converting the partitions to the MTD layout.
At this point you may have to manually boot back into recovery if your Tab bootloops (mine did but that could have been on an early version), simply re-run the ROM install and you'll be fine.

--

Reactions: reggaetonero

Gotcha007

Feb 14, 2012
New York
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Hello.

I'm running into an issue. I've installed CM9 on my Tab (cm-9-20120707-UNOFFICIAL-p1,zip). Was totally ok and working nicely.
I decided to give a try to the Humberos Kernel (CwM_CM9-humberos_kernel_p1-20120627.zip) in order to get the fastcharge. I installed it via recovery with no issue. The only one I get now is that I don't have the mobile network activated. If I'm going into the settings and try to search for one, it gives me an error.

Any idea what I can do?

Model : GT-P1000
Android ver : 4.0.4
Baseband : P1000XXJPZ
Kernel : 2.6.35.13-g7c6a313
CyanogenMod ver : 9-20120707-UNOFFICIAL-p1

Gotcha007

Feb 14, 2012
New York
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Hello.

I'm running into an issue. I've installed CM9 on my Tab (cm-9-20120707-UNOFFICIAL-p1,zip). Was totally ok and working nicely.
I decided to give a try to the Humberos Kernel (CwM_CM9-humberos_kernel_p1-20120627.zip) in order to get the fastcharge. I installed it via recovery with no issue. The only one I get now is that I don't have the mobile network activated. If I'm going into the settings and try to search for one, it gives me an error.

Any idea what I can do?

Model : GT-P1000
Android ver : 4.0.4
Baseband : P1000XXJPZ
Kernel : 2.6.35.13-g7c6a313
CyanogenMod ver : 9-20120707-UNOFFICIAL-p1

Ok found the solution. I tried again to flash humberos kernel (the same) and it worked. :good:

sohail25feilder

Jan 18, 2011
Lahore
Books Reader

Dear all! Hope you are enjoying cm9. I have one problem after installing cm9 and that is my ebook reader went missing.
Is there a way to get it back? Or is there any other application which can fulfill the requirement other than adobe reader.
Because I use epub format.

Thanks in advance.

Regards ,

rgbigel

Nov 3, 2010
Gestures not working right?

I'm slowly reaching the outer limits of bug space: I set up the Trebuchet settings to toggle status bar visibility on swipe up. I find it works only once: I can make it invisible, but it won't come back on. In fact, it never comes on again... until I reboot.
[ It would be great if the toggle also worked inside apps, but I assume this is much more difficult/impossible by design. ]
And the double tap to toggle dock visibility only works when I tap the home area, double tap on the dock area does nothing.

Wow, I never got to such detail in any other build... great work! Almost forgot to tell: this is CM9 20120605-Unofficial-p1 from humberos. Thanks, man!

boypalos

May 8, 2011
I'm slowly reaching the outer limits of bug space: I set up the Trebuchet settings to toggle status bar visibility on swipe up. I find it works only once: I can make it invisible, but it won't come back on. In fact, it never comes on again... until I reboot.
[ It would be great if the toggle also worked inside apps, but I assume this is much more difficult/impossible by design. ]
And the double tap to toggle dock visibility only works when I tap the home area, double tap on the dock area does nothing.

Wow, I never got to such detail in any other build... great work! Almost forgot to tell: this is CM9 20120605-Unofficial-p1 from humberos. Thanks, man!

It did worked last time i was using cm9.. if my memory serves me right..
It worked well with other apps that i got pissed off with.. i disabled it.
From that day, i toggle the status bar from the power button :)

Reactions: rgbigel

rgbigel

Nov 3, 2010
Excessive CPU and battery consuption

:cyclops:
It ...
From that day, i toggle the status bar from the power button :)
[Thanks, but how do you do that?! and how do you shut down and reboot without a power button?:confused:]

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 PM ----------

Without clear cause, since about a week my ICS Systems (Humberos, then nightlies since) have started using excessive CPU (even when doing absolutely nothing after the reboot) and have my P1 became unresponsive to the Point that even the Task Manager took forever to Show the apps! I spent a lot of time trying different CPU governors but no success there.

Looking at many threads, I found a probable explanation: a memory leak "somewhere". Is this in he System or some app? I suspected some app which got updated, but how to find out which one is the "Memory hog". As the Explanation goes, "something" consumes Memory to no end, until System.acore is forced to do a Memory cleanup, but can not find any Memory in the end.So it begins swapping until the CPU reaches 100%, consequently the battery use is incredible and the device gets rather hot. The Explanation sounds convincing. But what to do about it?

I tried to find out (using System Monitor, Super System Tuner Pro and the likes) which app might be using too much core. But I do not quite get a clear indication, because the Memory allocation processes more or less Level out the allocated Memory until they are all at about 20 MB each. Of course there is a lot of fluctuation, but I could not finde a clear candidate.

Maybe one of you out there knows how to narrow in on the culprit? Please help!

Postscript: One Memory hog seems to be the Hotmail engine. I stopped it and it did get a little better. But the Memory leak is still present.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMOD 9.0 by TE4M NOW MTD!!!!!![4.0.4]

dear all,

this thread is created to seperate non development post inside the cm9 development thread and to keep it clean.

WHAT CAN BE POSTED HERE?
    -Related to cm9.0
    -problems during installation
    -Possibilities of bugs
    -All the noob questions

WHAT should not be posted?
    -thanks,thank you....
    -please do not report SAME BUG
    -Do not report if you are downloading new release (just download it and report bugs only)

CM9.0 THREAD
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1385153

HUMBEROS UPLOAD AREA
    http://www.humberos.com.br/p/android-ics.html

GREAT NOW WE HAVE OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES
    GSM- http://get.cm/?device=p1
    CDMA- http://get.cm/?device=p1c

PEOPLE BE CAREFUL!!!!! NOW BUILDS ARE MTD (FOR MORE INFORMATION LOOK AT POST 2)

hit thanks if i helped you
    OK, just updated the fix on github.

Flash SystemUIFlash.zip for the clock.
    PDroid Patched CM9 build

Ladies and Gentlemen.
    I've compiled a PDroid - Privacy Protection patched CM9 for whoever wants to try it. I was using it in CM7, but took this long for something to come out for CM9. Right now the only way to have PDroid working is patching the CM9 source and compiling it with PDroid support.
    It's in testing phase, but seems to work nicely already.

It's a dream come true for privacy - a way to block all those strange permissions that apps require, without breaking the app. Worth taking a look!

My build post for downloads: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24986629&postcount=756

Cheers!
    Installation guide

PEOPLE NOW BUILDS ARE MTD!! FILE SYSTEM BE CAREFULL

FOR INSTALLING MTD BUILD IT IS [MUST] COMPULSORY TO RESTOCK[ FOLLOW TILL STEP 3]

DONOT!!!!!! RESTORE ANY OTHER BUILDS ON MTD BUILDS

IF WANT TO GO BACK TO GB RESTOCK IS AGAIN NEEDED!!!

1)RESTOCK to gingerbread by following overcome method
    www.teamovercome.net
    2)flash the overcome kernel 4.0 to convert the system to ext4 from the above website
    3)DOWNLOAD ANY ANY BUILD [OFFICIAL NIGHTLY OR SOMEONE ELSE BUILD]
    4)copy the zip to tab and then reboot into recovery
    5)wipe data,cache and dalvik cache
    6) a) if MTD build once u flash them mtd zip it boots into mtd recovery and U HAVE TO FLASH THE ZIP AGAIN
    b) if NON MTD just flash the zip
    7)reboot!!!!
    Ics camera apk attached:D:D

Hit as many as thanks you can hit