FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

★☞ [Rom][4.3] AllianceRom - Build 26 THE Most Customisable TW ROM On ANY Device [04/27/14][Aroma][MJ9] ☜★

3,693 posts
Thanks Meter: 54,574

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from beanstown106: Alliance Rom Build 26 is Now Live!!
15th February 2013, 02:38 PM |#7091  
Flag Longmont, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 464

More
Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 9 [02/12/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][I605VRALL4
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlockd

The battery life on build 9 is bad. I used to go two days without charging. Now I barely make it through the day. I'm switching to CleanROM until 10 is released.

Highly unlikely the ROM is causing you poor battery life. Battery life is mostly dependent on your personal app setups, usage, and kernel.
Have you tried anything to find the cause other than.....I'm switching to cleanROM?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JBeXX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JBeXX Ad-Free

15th February 2013, 03:06 PM |#7092  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My video I shoot, and download will not play:
Yes, I have quick searched, but I am at work and only get to scan between patients. I have Beans 9 but it happened on 8 also. I have used both kernels and fixed permissions. It happens with some picks also. I did the SD card swap. I still get a you need to delete files code when attempting to download a new app. Do I have something routed wrong? Do I need to send pics to phone or sd card? Under storage with the Perseus kernel it shows a breakdown of the types of files on the 64g card, it does not on Beans kernel. Any ideas?
15th February 2013, 03:40 PM |#7093  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:

The battery life on build 9 is bad. I used to go two days without charging. Now I barely make it through the day. I'm switching to CleanROM until 10 is released.

thanks for letting us know, please keep us abreast of any other life decisions you make.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bendystrawboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bendystrawboy Ad-Free
15th February 2013, 03:45 PM |#7094  
Flag Cambridge, MN
Thanks Meter: 97

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm getting about 3% battery per hour. Seems good to me.
15th February 2013, 04:00 PM |#7095  
Flag Southwest Harbor
Thanks Meter: 150

More
★☞ [Rom] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 9 [02/12/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][I605VRALL4] ☜★
Quote:

At work I listen to podcasts for 9hrs a day over Bluetooth headset, continue over wired headset for up to another 4 hrs if work goes long, have weak in building cell signal and wifi keeps hopping access points. Never worry about battery. Check your apps.
The Following User Says Thank You to CAPTainJRacine For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CAPTainJRacine Ad-Free
15th February 2013, 04:05 PM |#7096  
Flag Fairview Park, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 86

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRunner01

Anyone... have any suggestions? Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

The standard answer on this question is this: While dirty flashing has and can work, it is recommended that you clean flash to obtain maximum stability and battery life. However, if you want to dirty flash, then dirty flash with the understanding that any issues you encounter most likely exist as a result of dirty flashing, and therefore it is considered bad form to request help on the forum for those issues until you have performed a full system wipe, performed a clean flash and verified the issues still exist (99% of the time, they do not). Hope this helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to wmaudio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wmaudio Ad-Free
15th February 2013, 04:05 PM |#7097  
Thanks Meter: 279

Donate to Me
More
Re: ★☞ [Rom] Jelly 'Beans' - Build 9 [02/12/13][Aroma][Fully Customizable][I605VRALL4
Battery has been good on B9. 4 1/2 screen on with light to normal usage.
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1360940701726.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1731830

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
15th February 2013, 04:13 PM |#7098  
Flag Fairview Park, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 86

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeXX

I think he is referring to a series of questions he asked a few pages back.
And no offense and not trying to be rude but I'm guessing you didn't get feedback because if you read through the thread you could answer your own questions.

I would imagine it took you longer to further pollute an already massive thread by typing that than it would have taken you to answer the guy's question.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Quote:

I actually get better battery life on B9 than any other Beans build. I can go two days easy on B9 and couldn't go more than 1.25 days on previous builds. Check your battery usage to find out what process is eating battery. If it's screen, check your screen power saving settings in Display options. If it's Android System, wipe cache and Dalvik from recovery and fix permissions. Hope this helps.
15th February 2013, 04:14 PM |#7099  
Flag Longmont, Colorado
Thanks Meter: 464

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmaudio

I would imagine it took you longer to further pollute an already massive thread by typing that than it would have taken you to answer the guy's question.

Really? Kinda like what you are doing with this post. My post to him was not meant to "pollute" the thread. I attempt to be helpful when I have knowledge of an answer. In this case I pointed out answering his own questions because on more than one occasion in this "massive" thread he has requested help on frequently answered questions.
Cheers
15th February 2013, 04:26 PM |#7100  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Anyone using third party battery savers or stock battery saver? I have tried both and now trying none to see the difference.I use battery minitor widget to track the battery drain.
15th February 2013, 04:53 PM |#7101  
Thanks Meter: 279

Donate to Me
More
Delete, tapatalk acting up.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)