CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL (PREVIEW) for Droid Razr HD (XT926) - Consumer and Dev Edition

Search This thread

dhacker29

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 27, 2011
Millsboro, DE
CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL (PREVIEW) for Droid Razr HD (XT926) - Consumer and Developer Edition

Well I have been working for a while and decided to release a preview build MEANING IT'S JUST A GLIMPSE OF THINGS TO COME NOT A DAILY DRIVER ....So here it is CM10.1 (4.2.1) for the Droid Razr HD. This will work on both the retail consumer edition with SafeStrap3 and on the developer edition with CWM or TWRP recovery.

Thanks as always to:
Hashcode for always answering my questions
DroidTh3ory for getting me into this
Epinter for helping me get the ball rolling and fixing wifi and other things
Google for the source and awesome android
CM for all the mods and code fixes

OK first things first:

SafeStrap Version 3 for Consumer edition can be found here: http://goo.im/devs/H...rap-3.05.17.apk

Follow the install and use instructions here: http://blog.hash-of-...w-to-safestrap/
Onlly install in RomSlot-1 in SafeStrap3

Working features:
Data: Comes up in 4G
SMS/MMS: You may get random texts from VZWNMN Google for instructions to disable this
WIFI: Working in SafeStrap now as well thanks to some init*rc magic
Bluetooth: Turns on..status untested
12-5 Fix SafeStrap boot

What doesn't work (that I know of):
Audio in-call, NFC, Camera, Wifi Hotspot

Download link: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/vanquish/cm-10.1-20121210-UNOFFICIAL-vanquish-preview.zip

GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps

All source modifications can be found at: http://github.com/STS-Dev-Team

As always enjoy and have fun!

Last edited:

koftheworld

Jun 9, 2010
Central NJ
CM10.1 UNOFFICIAL (PREVIEW) for Droid Razr HD (XT926) - Consumer and Developer Edition

Well I have been working for a while and decided to release a preview build MEANING IT'S JUST A GLIMPSE OF THINGS TO COME NOT A DAILY DRIVER ....So here it is CM10.1 (4.2.1) for the Droid Razr HD. This will work on both the retail consumer edition with SafeStrap3 and on the developer edition with CWM or TWRP recovery.

OK first things first:

Download link: http://goo.im/devs/Hashcode/vanquish/cm-10.1-20121210-UNOFFICIAL-vanquish-preview.zip

GAPPS: http://goo.im/gapps

All source modifications can be found at: http://github.com/STS-Dev-Team

As always enjoy and have fun!

This really is an awesome accomplishment. I ran it for awhile but had to switch back. Even so it was smooth as silk. If I had known in call volume was a maybe I would have tested before flashing back. Sorry dh.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

dsmero

Aug 31, 2010
donated, thank you so much! will definitely donate again as more progress is made.

thibaulb

Oct 19, 2011
Florida
How long before a daily driver edition is out? I'm new to CM so sorry if this is a question I shouldn't be asking

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
How long before a daily driver edition is out? I'm new to CM so sorry if this is a question I shouldn't be asking

Yeah, it's a question you shouldn't be asking ;)

Dhacker29 and anyone else here don't have a crystal ball to tell when its going to meet everyone's personal "daily driver" standards. Working Data and Wifi means daily driver to someone that does not make phone calls, so it can already be a daily driver for them, assuming they never have to call 911 lol

thibaulb

Oct 19, 2011
Florida

Dhacker29 and anyone else here don't have a crystal ball to tell when its going to meet everyone's personal "daily driver" standards. Working Data and Wifi means daily driver to someone that does not make phone calls, so it can already be a daily driver for them, assuming they never have to call 911 lol

Ok sweet. sorry if I offended anyone or anything by asking that

swboland

Jul 8, 2012
Long Island

+1

manuski

Sep 7, 2010
Noob here again

Is there a step by step instructions list for installing this? Also, what is Safestrap?

No one is going to help you out much because you didn't even read the first post. There are step by step instructions including the definition and what safe strap is and does. Oh. Welcome to the community.
P.s. their are threads on new users of this type of way of installation. Hope its not coming off harsh. ;)

thibaulb

Oct 19, 2011
Florida
No one is going to help you out much because you didn't even read the first post. There are step by step instructions including the definition and what safe strap is and does. Oh. Welcome to the community.
P.s. their are threads on new users of this type of way of installation. Hope its not coming off harsh. ;)

Sorry for my lazyness. I couldn't view the link about safestrap because I'm at work and the site is blocked. I probably should have mentioned that in my post. I'll just check it when I get home. As far as step by step instructions, I was referring to the whole installation of CM10, rather than just the installation of safestrap

You said "Their are threads on new users of this type of way of installation". I've read over that a few times and don't quite understand what you mean. I haven't dug super super deep into these forums but I didn't see any threads about how to install CM10.

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

seh6183

Mar 23, 2011
What if I:

Nandroid backup via safestrap
Install this on my xt925 to test

Is there a possibility to perma-brick or have a screwed up radio that I wouldn't be able to fix? I want to flash and play with it, but only if I can get back with a nandroid.

Actually can't I flash anything I want on a rom slot with safestrap? Can't I just go back to the stock slot at anytime?

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Got impatient and tried it on slot 1. Nothing worked as expected, it booted but no radios or anything would respond. I just deleted rom slot 1 and I'm back to stock.

I guess my question is, how much do I have to donate to get a working version of this for the xt925? :)

Last edited:

mattlgroff

Dec 5, 2011
San Diego
What if I:

Nandroid backup via safestrap
Install this on my xt925 to test

Is there a possibility to perma-brick or have a screwed up radio that I wouldn't be able to fix? I want to flash and play with it, but only if I can get back with a nandroid.

Actually can't I flash anything I want on a rom slot with safestrap? Can't I just go back to the stock slot at anytime?

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Got impatient and tried it on slot 1. Nothing worked as expected, it booted but no radios or anything would respond. I just deleted rom slot 1 and I'm back to stock.

I guess my question is, how much do I have to donate to get a working version of this for the xt925? :)
do·na·tion
/dōˈnāSHən/
Noun

Something that is given to a charity, esp. a sum of money.
The action of donating something.

Synonyms
gift - offering - grant - present - donative - endowment

Maybe you don't understand what a donation is ;)

Epinter has an XT925 CM10 in this board, check that out.

krazie1

Jun 5, 2010
Dhacker are you the only developer with a droid RAZR HD?

Top Liked Posts