[Q] I think I killed my Verizon Galaxy S3

Search This thread

Daroadar

Dec 31, 2011
I was attempting to root my S3. Wasn't paying attention and I flashed the wrong com port in ODIN. After it failed I looked at ODIN and it had flashed on the second slot from the right, as you look at ODIN when working with it. I did not even know you could do that. Anyway this is the error I get anytime I attempt to flash back to stock "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless has been found on your phone. Please turn of your phone and go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store for help" I know this cannot be good at all!

ddurandSGS3

Jun 12, 2012
1. post in the correct section for best results. if you cant find your thread itll probably be moved tit he QandA section.

2. i believe that message means your bootloader is locked. Ive never odined and dont know if it matters. but i believe thats what the error means.

Daroadar

Dec 31, 2011

Setco

Mar 4, 2013
Had the same problem happen on my phone and I had to use ez bootloader to unlock my bootloader. Never happened after that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jkrueger2020

Jul 4, 2011
Had the same problem happen on my phone and I had to use ez bootloader to unlock my bootloader. Never happened after that.

So what is the purpose of ez bootloader now? I remember that was part of the original instructions for rooting the galaxy s3 when I first got it, but then the instructions changed for Jelly Bean and didn't reference that app any longer . . . I thought that app wasn't needed any longer . . . Am I mistaken on that?

Setco

Mar 4, 2013
It was a while back that this happened. So you are most likely correct. All I know is that at that time I had the same message. Once I re-flashed the phone, the ROM that I was trying to flash that I originally could not, I was then able to flash after running the ez bootloader. Just thought I would share.

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
So what is the purpose of ez bootloader now? I remember that was part of the original instructions for rooting the galaxy s3 when I first got it, but then the instructions changed for Jelly Bean and didn't reference that app any longer . . . I thought that app wasn't needed any longer . . . Am I mistaken on that?

It was a while back that this happened. So you are most likely correct. All I know is that at that time I had the same message. Once I re-flashed the phone, the ROM that I was trying to flash that I originally could not, I was then able to flash after running the ez bootloader. Just thought I would share.

Folks, it's called EZ Unlock which unlocks your bootloader. It is not called EZ Bootloader.

Setco

Mar 4, 2013
Sorry... You are absolutely correct. My bad.... Ez unlock;)

deuce237bblock

Sep 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I prefer using EZ Unlock to unlock my bootloader because it unlocks the bootloader that is already on your phone rather than flashing the VRALE6 bootchain that I'm not sure if its even a jelly bean bootloader.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
I prefer using EZ Unlock to unlock my bootloader because it unlocks the bootloader that is already on your phone rather than flashing the VRALE6 bootchain that I'm not sure if its even a jelly bean bootloader.

Well how about I make it somewhat clearer? The VRALE6 bootloader is not a JB bootloader, it's the prerelease, pre-finalized software unlocked bootloader. Each of the JB bootloaders are locked, same as all the ICS ones. EZ Unlock flashes the VRALE6 bootloader onto your phone soooooo you're using it either way. It's inescapable!

Reactions: Setco

deuce237bblock

Sep 1, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Well how about I make it somewhat clearer? The VRALE6 bootloader is not a JB bootloader, it's the prerelease, pre-finalized software unlocked bootloader. Each of the JB bootloaders are locked, same as all the ICS ones. EZ Unlock flashes the VRALE6 bootloader onto your phone soooooo you're using it either way. It's inescapable!

Really? I did not know that. Thanks for clearing that up, it always bugged me just never said anything.

Reactions: SlimSnoopOS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1840030

Follow instructions EXACTLY!

After you've completed the procedure and all is working as it should run EZ Unlock from here:

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/32456-app-920-ez-unlock-14-easiest-way-to-unlock-your-bootloader/ (use ONLY the 1.2 version! Later ones may not work.)

Once you've done that you can flash any ROM you want.

Really? I did not know that. Thanks for clearing that up, it always bugged me just never said anything.