[Q] Dialer slow to start call

Search This thread

Deanicus

Jan 11, 2011
Hi,

The last few days my dialer has been ridiculously slow in making a call. Typing in numbers is fine and accessing the call history is also fine but if I touch an entry to start a call it takes anywhere from 10-20 secs for the call to start. Oddly enough this issue is not present when using car dock mode.

Has anyone come across this before and found a solution?

BTW I am on stock 4.4.2

Thanks

Deanicus

Jan 11, 2011
I should probably mention what I have tried already

- Deleted call history
- Cleared data and cache from the phone app
- Turned off a tasker profile I had that involved dialing a number
- Uninstalled recently installed apps
- Turned off fast boot and restarted (this actually helped for a short while but it has reverted)

Any other ideas? I am reluctant to do a hard reset but if nothing else works then I might just do that or upgrade my phone since I am due an upgrade soon :)

jujak82

May 28, 2012

- Deleted call history
- Turned off fast boot and restarted (this actually helped for a short while but it has reverted)

Any other ideas? I am reluctant to do a hard reset but if nothing else works then I might just do that or upgrade my phone since I am due an upgrade soon :)

did you try factory resset??

Reactions: Deanicus

Deanicus

Jan 11, 2011
Anyone else have any ideas? The issue is not with the dialer but quite literally with the phone app although as I mentioned in my OP, if I select a number to be dialled from the dialer in the car dock app, it works fine. Very perplexing!

Deanicus

Jan 11, 2011
For anyone who might be experiencing the same issue, whilst I have not fixed it I did find that if my phone is connected to a network (either via wifi or mobile data) the issue disappears. I don't know why that happens but it is a least a bit of a workaround

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

- Deleted call history

did you try factory resset??