3rd party launchers and Qhd display

Search This thread

J.Guido85

Mar 23, 2011
Buffalo
I'm a big supporter of Nova Launcher and was wondering if I were to use it on the G3, would the icons, menu and what not support lgs Qhd display? Also what about icon packs?

I won't have mine until the 17th (Verizon), So I can't test it out.

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

skade

Nov 12, 2007
I'm using Nova Launcher Prime with "LG G3 Go Apex Nova ADW Theme" Icon pack - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zbylab.lgg3theme

DPI set at 540.

Icon Size set at 130%

See for yourself, but I think it looks great.

Here is an external link in case image uploads on here get resized or compressed - http://postimg.org/image/7356j4dl3/

what about your app drawer? i have the same dpi setting, icon size at 85% and running on nova now. but my app drawer contains a lot of android icons, mostly system pre-loaded apps.

see the pic:
ixbVQNNt

how can i replace the androids with icons? thanks!

3UR0TR45H

Jun 29, 2011
Bellingham
Nova runs beautifully on my G3 and quite a bit smoother than the stock LG launcher. However, the LG launcher is very good and there is a lot of customization available.

One thing I've noticed about the QHD display is that it exposes apps with low-res icons. Nova doesn't display these icons any better, but if you use an icon pack with QHD support, you can expect crystal clarity.

The buttery Nova animations with this amount of Ram, SOC & display = WOW!!!

Skin1980

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 25, 2009
what about your app drawer? i have the same dpi setting, icon size at 85% and running on nova now. but my app drawer contains a lot of android icons, mostly system pre-loaded apps.

see the pic:
ixbVQNNt

Install the beta version of nova and all will be right.

J.Guido85

Mar 23, 2011
Buffalo

DforDesign

Jul 1, 2011
Guys what are you losing when switching to Nova from Stock? Only knock to sleep?

AFAIK you can set Nova to update to beta version in its settings.

GroovyGeek

Oct 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

see the pic:
ixbVQNNt

You can't at least not with the released version of Nova. I have tested the LG launcher, Googgle Now, Nova, and Apex. Only Nova mangles the icons, and only for some of the system apps. Pitty, Nova used to be my primary launcher but now I have switched to Apex and see no reason to go back - now that I have figured how to turn off pretty much every animation and eliminate the considerable lag of the default configuration.

GroovyGeek

Oct 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Actually by tapping and holding the icon, you can assign a different icon. Works on the home screen.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Free mobile app

Good point. I set the resolution to default, took screen shots of all icons then reduced dpi and custom inserted the icons using this method. I now run 480 dpi for everything except the few apps that require it

jhericurls

Aug 9, 2009
Love Nova, dpi works great straight out the box, no need for messing about. Both icons and text look sharp.

Screenshot_2014-07-12-19-58-06.png

Top Liked Posts