[ROM] LG GT540 Android 2.1 Eclair Update + Tutor

Search This thread

ZduneX25

Inactive Recognized Themer
Nov 4, 2010
miuipolska.pl
Xiaomi Redmi 2
Xiaomi Mi 5
Actually not. You have to install all drivers I used LG PC Suite IV, turn of LG Android Modem in Devices Manager, switch off SD Card as mass storage only and set debbug usb mode now you can flash with this Europe ROM, but forget about step 5 don't do that.

flasher702

Aug 12, 2010
I ran into the same problem. Installed the Baltic version and now I don't have 2g data connection anymore. Interet still works with wifi.

works great! but my apn setting are away and don't know them execly. that's the only problem. i can't internet where there is no wifi spot...
someone a solution for this problem?

and does anybody know if the official dutch update is released, i can istall that official update?

Joost
ps. sorry for my englisch

J

joostvhoek

I ran into the same problem. Installed the Baltic version and now I don't have 2g data connection anymore. Interet still works with wifi.

You have to search some sites for your apn settings (forums) or look on the site of your ... i don't know the word on english, like vodafone and t mobile. That's how i fixed it.

Joost

Sent from my GT540 using XDA App

shail00

Have someone tried out the Europe version posted in post #33 and is it safe to use?

Another silly question, is it possible to take a backup of my stock 1.6 ROm , in case while upgrading if something wrong happens, i can switch back to 1.6

And if this is possible , plz tell me how to do so?

Chigster

Oct 17, 2010
Wollongong
the europe version is indeed safe. instead of using the regular kdz updater google KDZ_FW_UPD_ENG (this is the english version). once u do that the calling options will not sem to work so what u do is reboot the phone through the privacy setting (REMEMBER TO BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA) and then the phone will work fine =D

barker511

Nov 10, 2010
arkansas
I did the same as you installed 2.1 and now have now have no option to root? any easy way round this? tried using a root rom when connecting in debugging mode as an alternative to androot but the phone did not restart as stated in the intructions

lg gt540 Orange uk- version 2.1 not rooted

(once was rooted with 1.6 but lost that access when upgrading Any help would appreciated)

xVenusx

Nov 26, 2010
Hi, i currently have a rooted lg gt540 (obviously :p) its version is 1.6, when following the instructions in this tutorial i cannot find the "out.kdz" file. i have downloaded all the files in the tutorial (execpt France Edition &Russian with Fastboot versions of Android 2.1 Baltic Black V20B. where do i find "out.kdz"?

DonPanda

Oct 25, 2010
Basel
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Hi,

problem: after flashing the device and after reboot i have 3294234 of force closes and cant start anything. Is there a way to erase the datas on the phone? I know that the flashing process erase the phone itself, but how ever, it does not work here.
Help :(

J

joostvhoek

you must look on the internet for your providers apn settings...

du musst kucken fur deine internet instellingen auf dem(n ?) forums, scheisse :)

Joost

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ECLAIR FOR GT540
    credit goes to mohicanrat​

If your Optimus still using a Donut Version please read this article,
    before upgrade your phone, please check phone and computer connection.
    (Windows XP Recommended)
    Install Driver First from LG official

Android-eclair.jpg

Step 0 Download LG Driver Software
    Download Here :
    h*tp://files.gameworld.kz/c5z46n1ukk.html

Step 1 Download KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
    Download here :
    h*tp://megaupload.com/?d=B99JDF9I

Step 2 Download ROM 2.1 Optimus
    Download Here :
    1. Android 2.1 Baltic Black V20B
    h*tp://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/GT540/ABALBK/V20B_00/V20B_00.kdz
    h*tp://hotfile.com/dl/74810014/000c2ed/V20B_00.kdz.html

2. France Edition :
    ht*p://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/GT540/ABYTBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz
    h*tp://hotfile.com/dl/74810193/06820d8/V20A_00.kdz.html

3. Russian with Fastboot :
    h*tp://kitaupload.com/download.php?file=827out.kdz
    Step 3 Download Fastboot mode (unnecesary for baltic & France Edition)
    download here :
    h*tp://kitaupload.com/download.php?file=577system.rar

Step 4

Important On the phone: Settings => Applications =>Development(its the last option)=>USB debugging(the first option).
    A pop up will appear saying this option is for developers.. press ok
    this setting will allow content to be copied in ROM, meaning that you can install android 2.1 to phone

-Extract KDZ_FW_UPD and open the folder.
    -Find Windows Enabler.exe and open
    -see in the systray and clickicon Windows Enabler until Icon change to ON.
    -Open KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
    -In the KDZ Form, Click 1st Drop Down menu, and select "3GQCT"
    -Click Browse File Button, and select file "out.kdz"
    -And click "??????????????????" button
    *Please wait a moment until your phone is restart. After startup the phone, you must close a KDZ_FW_UPD.exe.

*Your phone is update finish when you see "Log finished" in history panel.

Step 5
    * After upgrade you must plug out your phone from computer and reboot your phone.

* When phone is off, you must press Volume Up + search Button + Power button, hold until show "fastboot mode" in your phone.

* After your phone in Fastboot mode, please plug in your handphone to PC. (please verify Android SDK already install)

* Please extract a fastboot file in SDK/Tools folder.

* In SDK folder,please check a Fastboot.exe
    if you found you must open CMD and type like this : "fastboot.exe flash system system.img"

* Wait a moment

* if finish, please type a "fastboot reboot"
    * when your phone already back from reboot, please check superuser.apk in your phone.

Enjoy your Eclair :D
    Hello everyone,

I updated my own GT 540 today and after trying this guide as it says I discover that the updater in English and the Europe Open ROM works better for me. No windows enabler needed. You can download everything in one single zip: megaupload . com / ?d=KY05D4Q4

And once you update your phone, do yourself a favor and install app2sd in order to gain extra room for your apps: goo . gl/ DRANG (no need to previous root)

Have a great day and thanks for your help, now I'm the proud owner of an Optimus 2.1 ;-)

Did this on my LG GT540, worked like a charm. Simply perfect :cool: