Thanks Meter: 1,863

By skvalex, Senior Member on 12th January 2012, 01:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th January 2020, 12:20 AM |#8231  
Thanks Meter: 2,393

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorBoobage

On a Raphael device (xiaomi k20 pro premium) running rooted android 10 MSM-x ROM, unencrypted.

Downloaded magisk module yesterday and paid for license. When i have an incoming call (automatic recording is on) or when I manually press record it gives me an error "this call cannot be recorded", recording file appears when i rescan the folderbut length is 0:-1 and of course doesn't play anything.
This happens both on WhatsApp calls and phone calls.
In WhatsApp calls the record button doesn't even show and the notification says " waiting for a call".
On normal phone calls it appears and the notification is "waiting for answer".

Either way, after I rescan recordings for both types of calls appear as above.

App has all possible permissions, notifications turned on and battery not optimised.
Help? Did I pay for nothing?
Thanks.

PS.
Can I record to mp3? Can it be an added feature?

Try changing the recording root settings in the app, you can also enable mp3 recording there too, enable the accessibility service for it in your android settings.
25th January 2020, 05:59 AM |#8232  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hinxnz

Try changing the recording root settings in the app, you can also enable mp3 recording there too, enable the accessibility service for it in your android settings.

what do you recommend changing them into?
CAF, ALSA, or MSM?
25th January 2020, 06:18 AM |#8233  

More
Quote:

what do you recommend changing them into?
CAF, ALSA, or MSM?

I'm not sure, I'd try changing the device setting first, the option at the top in root settings.
I just call my carrier service to test as it just a recorded message and also free to call it.
I don't think wifi calling is supported either, well it doesn't work with the normal phone app. Normally call recorders don't work with other wifi calling methods either.
25th January 2020, 08:56 AM |#8234  

More
Quote:

I'm not sure, I'd try changing the device setting first, the option at the top in root settings.
I just call my carrier service to test as it just a recorded message and also free to call it.
I don't think wifi calling is supported either, well it doesn't work with the normal phone app. Normally call recorders don't work with other wifi calling methods either.

The only option that works is when changing root recording into standard API recording.
So this doesn't work with whatsapp?
can you recommend an app that does?
25th January 2020, 02:54 PM |#8235  
Thanks Meter: 248

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvalex

Microphone records just your voice, not both sides. But the other side might be heard if speaker is loud. To enable accessibility service go to Settings > Accessibility > Installed services, then enable "Call Recorder (Android 10)"

To record both sides root is still needed

It's done years ago: Settings > Recording > Exceptions

The exceptions tab is not selectable on system recorder on android 9
26th January 2020, 12:42 AM |#8236  

More
Quote:

The only option that works is when changing root recording into standard API recording.
So this doesn't work with whatsapp?
can you recommend an app that does?

I meant in the Root recording settings as shown in screenshot. I'm not sure if it works with whatsapp and I dont know of any to recommend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200126-123229_Call Recorder.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	4935359  
26th January 2020, 02:47 AM |#8237  

More
Quote:

I meant in the Root recording settings as shown in screenshot. I'm not sure if it works with whatsapp and I dont know of any to recommend.

I understood what you meant but these settings had no effect whatsoever.
I tried all the qualcomm ones, even though my actual chipset wasn't listed.
only changing from root to srandard api allowed to record anything at all. not sure if both sides, will have to test with a friend.

@skvalex
Will whatsapp/telegram/etc. recording be added?
Thanks.
30th January 2020, 02:36 AM |#8239  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 722

More
https://ausdroid.net/2020/01/30/goog...ease-imminent/

Here is hope that Google will add necessary framework to allow Call Recorder to work on Pixel without root access.
30th January 2020, 06:06 AM |#8240  
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocujos

https://ausdroid.net/2020/01/30/goog...ease-imminent/

Here is hope that Google will add necessary framework to allow Call Recorder to work on Pixel without root access.

I doubt that it'll allow third party apps to access recorded calls, which means system recorder method implemented in Call Recorder won't work.
30th January 2020, 01:14 PM |#8241  
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 0

More
this app no longer records calls on my samsung note 8(no root)... is there a way to go back to recording calls?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
call rec, call recording, callrec

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)