[01.03]Unbrick Project (RiffBox JTAG) Completed!

Search This thread

McGiver93

Nov 15, 2009
Villarotta
ok i'm looking how to dispatch my phone with DHL because i never do this before. When you're ready tecardo i will send it to you and hope it will come back working :fingers-crossed:

xwj1996

Jul 11, 2012
Re: Unbrick Project (RiffBox JTAG)

my ones with s3 can't even get into the bootloader but when charing the led lights can you guys fix it
and I'm in China so i think its impossible to send it to u
sorry for my bad eng

Sent from my Evo 3D GSM using xda app-developers app

McGiver93

Nov 15, 2009
Villarotta
my ones with s3 can't even get into the bootloader but when charing the led lights can you guys fix it
and I'm in China so i think its impossible to send it to u
sorry for my bad eng

are you sure can't enter bootloader / recovery or boot up? If the leds turn on something should work i think you're not HARD BRICKED maybe you have only a soft brick and you can solve it without jtag, don't know too much.

Reactions: xwj1996

Sneakyghost

Jul 24, 2008
InMyHead
AW: Unbrick Project (RiffBox JTAG)

This is in response to the discussion on the previous page relating to the program from unlimited.io:

I should have said that a long time ago but only mentioned it in the brick downgrade thread, but this unlimited.io program is really not good to use on our scenarios. I've used it after my brick and it ruined every chance to get ubuntu to talk to the chip afterwards. It basically deepened the brick. Before using it, the chip still responded, afterwards it continuously rebooted the qdl mode but didn't respond anymore.

sent from viper 2.1

Reactions: usaff22

Sneakyghost

Jul 24, 2008
InMyHead
i'm not rooted, can't do supercid, can't unlock, can't do nothing, just use the phone normally, that's why i want to flash it with the riff, so i can begin installing rom's again

Alexskin,
i am a bit late on this but how did you try to do the unlock? I have frequently done it wrong myself and needed to remind myself that it is very important not to copy any wrong letter from the command output. your Token needs to look like this:

Code:
<<<< Identifier Token Start >>>>
9B9D4BD9F9F0103083B32287FBAB4B0F
577B7D5B614173310311D77AF5D5DDA7
2956823C8251E3C3C66451DD931DAFF6
690E1649BEE84D020FCEB5FB9F0A9307
504978EDBCD2C9D966A885C8B05E620C
FC7D7E64CEAC3F7CBBBEB6400CEFA868
52B014D14910976BB71735955D16A673
<<<<< Identifier Token End >>>>>

You need to start at the first < and stop at the last > and not copy the line above the <<<< Identifier Token Start >>>> and also make sure not to mark any blanks at the right or left of the numbers and letters (that's what easily happens on cmd output marking). Try again with that. Unlock should work.

xwj1996

Jul 11, 2012
Re: Unbrick Project (RiffBox JTAG)

are you sure can't enter bootloader / recovery or boot up? If the leds turn on something should work i think you're not HARD BRICKED maybe you have only a soft brick and you can solve it without jtag, don't know too much.

i know what's the problem.! it was run out of power and the rec doesn't support charge when power down ! anyway thx a lot!!

xantan

Dec 17, 2007

What are cost a HTC One s s3 to make s-off.

Sry for my Bad english.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Tecardo

Nov 22, 2011
Pfofeld

40 € cause I need to make jig for this. And I would need to invest time in it 5o actually get it working. Right now, please wait.

McGiver93

Nov 15, 2009
Villarotta
R: Unbrick Project (RiffBox JTAG)

Ok can you tell me the best way to send the phone? And the fastest way?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TG using xda app-developers app

usaff22

Nov 8, 2011
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
This is in response to the discussion on the previous page relating to the program from unlimited.io:

I should have said that a long time ago but only mentioned it in the brick downgrade thread, but this unlimited.io program is really not good to use on our scenarios. I've used it after my brick and it ruined every chance to get ubuntu to talk to the chip afterwards. It basically deepened the brick. Before using it, the chip still responded, afterwards it continuously rebooted the qdl mode but didn't respond anymore.

sent from viper 2.1

Agreed. My QDL mode kept rebooting after the qdl reset tool

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello dear XDA-Community,

We have reached our goal. Now we have a total of 316,72 $ / 236,8 € for our unbrick project, which consists of $ 230 donations from Forum people, about § 30 from private friends and the rest is what we (Sneaky and I) “Loaned” to the project from our own accounts. Money we actually don’t have. We appreciate further help.

We want to say thanks to ALL donators.
    Without you we wouldn't have come so far.

This thread will be the hub for service requests. If you happen to need unbrick service, you will find this thread and us to help you.
    This thread will also have a “Diary” for you which informs about the use of your money..
    I will post a log of all payments made from that money plus all Items received (e.g. the RIFF Box, the cables, Jigs, etc.)

Items ordered / paid / received:

1. RIFF Box - EUR 195
    2. JIG Connector - EUR 43

Updates / Facts / News:

• RiffBox is finally here at my home: Pictures https://picasaweb.google.com/106706328961903570929/RiffBox?authuser=0&feat=directlink
    • 24.01.13: From SneakyGhost

Quick Status Update on the RIFF Box, my Phone and all...

- Tecardo disassembled my phone and found a number of Errors from the HTC Repair Center. They had the Modem/Antenna bit connected to the mainboard wrong. They didn't fix in the speaker properly, they glued the phone together so it could hardly be opened, they forgot a screw. Some serious stuff. The Modem Cable fault could have been the root cause of the persisting and worsened home button issue after Arvatos fix. If i where you, i'd be reluctant to send it to them...

- I contacted multi-com.pl and fonefunshop.uk over a JIG connector for my Mainboard as there are non available on the internet. Fonefunshop said they will have them soon. Multi-Com.pl however said they produce them themselves and if they had a Mainboard of a One S, they would start production ASAP. I offered my Mainboard. They said yes. So my mainboard will be picked up by them on their expense, shipped to poland, then they will start making the Jigs and then send it back to Tecardo with the first JIG for him, for free. Best part: the emails sounded like they're gonna test the JIG on my mainboard and might revive it there with their equipment and experience. lol. Funny turn today.

- Next step for me is prepare for a long wait and use the time to get in touch with HTC again via Richard Willis and file a formal report about the screw-up of Arvato repair center. It will have a complaint-touch. I will ask to send it on to Taiwan so HTC is gonna review their contracts with their repair centers as Regenersis in the UK has a similar very very bad reputation on fixing phones. I am doubtful i will achieve much, knowing HTC's attitude from the past months but i hope it doesn't go past unheard.

:laugh: What is this thread for? :laugh:​

Question: you got your phone bricked and HTC is refusing service, yet the Ebay guys are too expensive?
    Answer: Send it to me if its not to expensive to post for you and I will unbrick your One S. Consider a small financial contribution.

Question: you want to give your phone to me to do some reverse engineering and help with finding a way to securely S-OFF? Well....
    Answer: hmmm.... probably just a joke. Talk to me if you're willing to donate your device as a Guinea Pig;)

Question: you got any other stuff going on with your phone that needs a jTag box involved but you don't have one and can't buy one?
    Answer: Ask me. I will do it.

Well.. this much for now. We will grow this FAQ if there’s anything else to be added.
    The Origins of this “Project Unbrick”
    It is an OFFER made possible by the kind people who helped buying the box.
    It all originated from Sneakys phone bricking during testing stuff for the Home Button Issue and the Venom Viper One S ROM and then searching for the best possible solution. We met around the Team Venom Viper One S chat and we found it a cool idea to provide the One S forum with its very own unbrick service and get Sneakys phone fixed on the way. Just following the simple principle that egoism is the driver behind all evolution. Doing something for Sneakys phone and asking others to pay made possible to have a cheap unbrick service available for many. Got the idea?

There's so many stories to be told from the past weeks it doesn't fit in here all but i will eventually get around contributing some more anecdotes, stories and so on...

Hope this is gonna be very very educative for people too. Unbricking always is some sort of a mystery for many and if you send off your phone to some stranger on ebay, you usually don't get an idea about the "Hands On" and gettin' dirty bit of tearing down a phone and actually make it look nice and work properly again afterwards.

So, maybe we will even have some photos or videos and stuff and just give you an idea of how that all works...
    Please ask your questions :)
    Thank you all who helped out get the RIFF Box together! It was a cool experience and i see it indeed does help a few people.
    Success-Story... nice...
    Phone Mechanics

hey tecardo if your not cool with me posting my business card up here let me know. this is for xda members who need help or dont want to do stuff themselves. if its a slow day i wont charge if you have thanked this post other than that i keep my fees low for xda members. i saw joe today. he brought his 2 one s's im working on them now. happy to help you guys. thanks for keeping me in mind tecardo :good:
    JIG arrived!

You can now start sending me phones :D
    I see some real stuff going on here. Nice. Haven't had time to check by in a while. Happy that this little tree begins to grow now after we planted it.
    Welcome Tonsdog. Great you are offering help for the unlucky US guys.
    We were checking options back and forth in the beginning but no matter how we looked at it, repairing a US phone in Europe is just ridiculous. Haha.

I felt a little committed to stick around here and answer questions for people in the beginning, hoping to assist Tec but i feel safe now to leave that all up to you guys. I am not an electronics expert anyway so i was happy to help out getting the Box together (initially motivated by my own phone turning into a brick).

Think this post is a bit of a loose goodbye to this thread from me then. Don't think my presence is really needed here. Will still keep reading and if any questions turn up i could possibly answer, i will, but i'll be focusing on my other playgrounds.

Really great job Tec and now Tonsdog are doing here. Really great. Thanks a million times.

Remember: the initial thought was to assist developing people so they could feel safer experimenting with their expensive gadgets and by this maybe accelerate development a little, but also provide some help for those who can't afford expensive OEM repairs. Keep that spirit up!

See yas,
    Sneakz