[Q] Need help choosing a rom

Search This thread

Cheesus182

Nov 24, 2011
Hey guys,

Sorry for the noob question but I wanted to hear some of your opinions on this.

I got my Note 9005 shortly and after finally getting the Network to work, I decided to flash CM11 for now. I love CM11 but for a phone like the Note 3 which has an insane number of cool features, its not the best.
The problem is, I would use the stock rom for all the features but I absoloutely hate Samsungs UI and with the trouble ive been having with Odin, I thought id ask if there was a different rom I could use?

Is there some sort of alternative to the stock rom which:

1) I can flash with recovery
2) Has alot of the stock rom features
3) Does not look like a child made it (sorry to people who like TouchWiz)

I hope someone can help.

Thank you!

hhai2pth

Feb 20, 2014
HCMC
Hey guys,

Sorry for the noob question but I wanted to hear some of your opinions on this.

I got my Note 9005 shortly and after finally getting the Network to work, I decided to flash CM11 for now. I love CM11 but for a phone like the Note 3 which has an insane number of cool features, its not the best.
The problem is, I would use the stock rom for all the features but I absoloutely hate Samsungs UI and with the trouble ive been having with Odin, I thought id ask if there was a different rom I could use?

Is there some sort of alternative to the stock rom which:

1) I can flash with recovery
2) Has alot of the stock rom features
3) Does not look like a child made it (sorry to people who like TouchWiz)

I hope someone can help.

Thank you!
Hi, i have read it. Why dont you try some AOSP ROM: C-rom, Cacbon Rom

Cheesus182

Nov 24, 2011
Carbon rom looks good but im more looking for something that takes full advantage of the Notes features not just Androids customizability.

AO7

Nov 17, 2013
If you really like "features" you may want to try a stock based rom like Omega or XNote