[ROM][Updated: 12/26] IceCream Sense v1.2 - Sense 1.0

Search This thread

00McD00

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 20, 2010
Iowa
www.alwaysandroid.org
Welcome to the evolution McD :) Let me know if you need anything.

Here are some mods you're free to use in your rom :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1349448

all you need is a lovely signature.

You know what I need? The damn status bar to show up! lol makes no sense why it won't. Driving me crazy. But thanks for the link. Haha my signature does exactly what I want it to do ;)

Well, I will let you know once we get the status bar to show up lol.

Reactions: ghostnj

00McD00

Jul 20, 2010
Iowa
www.alwaysandroid.org
Lol. That's my signature. Haha. Its my tapatalk signature. You funny :+)

all you need is a lovely signature.

...ah, well don't I feel like a fool then lol. I'm sorry guys, but I have to give up for the night. I have literally tried everything to get the status bar to come back, but nothing worked. Even put all the stock files for it back in and THAT didn't even work. Porting to a phone you don't have is irritating.

swagstr

Sep 4, 2010
Corvallis, OR
www.goodandevo.net
ThreadBannerroms.png

EvoIceCreamSense.png
Duuuude! This ROM is looking super sick!

I want a theme that looks just like this for my ROM lol

If you want to PM me a link tomorrow, I can tinker with the SystemUI for a bit, see if I can help you make any progress.

I done had some issues with that .apk in the past ;)

Again, love your work and we'll all give you the support to get this working for the EVO :D

00McD00

Jul 20, 2010
Iowa
www.alwaysandroid.org
Duuuude! This ROM is looking super sick!

I want a theme that looks just like this for my ROM lol

If you want to PM me a link tomorrow, I can tinker with the SystemUI for a bit, see if I can help you make any progress.

I done had some issues with that .apk in the past ;)

Again, love your work and we'll all give you the support to get this working for the EVO :D

Hey thanks for this man. Ok here is the deal folks: porting a rom onto a phone you don't have is much more irritating than I had initially imagined...especially when there are problems. So I am going to post a link, right here, for the entire rom. I just redid all the major apks (framework, resources, SystemUI) and I *may* have found the problem, but who knows. So you guys can flash/test at your own risk, but I am making no guarantees that you will have a statusbar haha. If you do flash, please report back here with your findings/ideas and of course feel free to post ANYTHING that may be helpful if the problem still persists, you can post the entire rom if you redid it and want to.

On a positive note, my original tester (bless his heart, I put him through hell tonight) said that everything else was working great, so once the statusbar decides to show herself it should be good to go. If the statusbar is there or someone gets it working, please tests wifi and 4g because those were unable to be tested without the statusbar. Thanks for all the support guys and I really hope we can get this ironed out. So without further adieu:

DOWNLOAD *TESTERS* V1.0​

...and now I am going to sleep because this rom wore me out today. Can't wait to see what I wake up to tomorrow. Have fun ;)

Reactions: mike02466

swagstr

Sep 4, 2010
Corvallis, OR
www.goodandevo.net
Hey thanks for this man. Ok here is the deal folks: porting a rom onto a phone you don't have is much more irritating than I had initially imagined...especially when there are problems. So I am going to post a link, right here, for the entire rom. I just redid all the major apks (framework, resources, SystemUI) and I *may* have found the problem, but who knows. So you guys can flash/test at your own risk, but I am making no guarantees that you will have a statusbar haha. If you do flash, please report back here with your findings/ideas and of course feel free to post ANYTHING that may be helpful if the problem still persists, you can post the entire rom if you redid it and want to.

On a positive note, my original tester (bless his heart, I put him through hell tonight) said that everything else was working great, so once the statusbar decides to show herself it should be good to go. If the statusbar is there or someone gets it working, please tests wifi and 4g because those were unable to be tested without the statusbar. Thanks for all the support guys and I really hope we can get this ironed out. So without further adieu:

DOWNLOAD *TESTERS* V1.0​

...and now I am going to sleep because this rom wore me out today. Can't wait to see what I wake up to tomorrow. Have fun ;)

Bad ass... I'ma test this out soon (just got a replacement and gotta go through all those steps and study for finals ;)

drtwrk127

Apr 13, 2009
Illinois
Things I've noticed:
-WiFi is not connecting. Tries to obtain address, then fails.
-Market FC's when clicking on search icon in Market main screen.
-Superuser gives a "failed to find currently installed su binary. Update cannot continue." message when trying to update the SU binary. Thus, the Superuser app is not allowing root for programs which need it.
-4G does not connect. Stuck on " obtaining address from Sprint" message. Tested in known 4G area.

Great start, though! Love the look and feel of this. Definitely worth keeping :D

Last edited:

teh roxxorz

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 21, 2010
Things I've noticed:
-Superuser gives a "failed to find currently installed su binary. Update cannot continue." message when trying to update the SU binary. Thus, the Superuser app is not allowing root for programs which need it.
-4G does not connect. Stuck on " obtaining address from Sprint" message. Tested in known 4G area.

Great start, though! Love the look and feel of this. Definitely worth keeping :D

Well I can't fix most of those, but if you flash the 3.0.3 su binary zip in recovery, superuser will be fixed.

AirborneCmH

Sep 7, 2011
Michigan
Things I've noticed:

Everything this gent said to include that no matter what I did, root explorer would not open. As soon as you click on it, it FC immediately. It was never open so clearing cache and data was not an option. Uninstalled and reinstalled, wiped cache and dalvik but it didn't fix the problem for root explorer or any other issue above. The other apps I have dowloaded open with no issues, only RE. Looking forward to this once the fixes happen. Obviously the status bar is there.

If I helped in any way hit the thanks button, if I haven't, hit it anyway.

Last edited:

darklite41

Sep 15, 2011
I flashed this earlier and I'm having problems with my keyboard. It doesn't want to pop up when I try to sign into gmail or anything else at all. Is there a fix for this or should I just reflash?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ThreadBannerroms.png

Let me preface this by saying: THIS IS NOT BASED ON ANDROID 4.0...I'm not that good. Are you dying to use Ice Cream Sandwich, but need a fully functioning rom? Well I was in your shoes, so I developed this rom. This is as close as you can get to ICS without actually using it. It is extremely heavily themed with over 700 pngs from both the ICS system dump and the Slate theme from HTC. I think you will really enjoy it!

Normal disclaimer about how flashing a rom can be dangerous for your phone and such. Please always perform a backup before flashing any of my work (or anything really). If you some how mess up your phone it's your fault, not mine. You are not allowed to sue me, all you'd get would be student loans anyways.​

THANKS
    -Thanks to Brad560 for putting together this great stock base!
    -Thanks to Joelz for the native screenshot.
    -Thanks to Ca1ne for the advanced power menu.
    -Thanks to For.digit for porting the ICS Keyboard.
    -Thanks to Ca1ne again for the Quicksettings.
    -Thanks to Jjdoctor for his volume-rocker wake mod.
    -Thanks to Tommytomatoe for his swapped Rosie.
    -Thanks to the entire Android community!

*And a very big and special thanks to Gruesomewolf, that man definitely did wonders to help this rom get off the ground*

EvoIceCreamSense.png

FEATURES
    -Based on official 4.54 GB RUU
    -Native screenshot (hold power button+home button for about 3 seconds)
    -Advanced power menu
    -Notification quick settings
    -Fully customized and ICS themed Rosie
    -ICS screen transitions
    -Custom themed settings menu
    -ICS themed status bar
    -CRT screen animations
    -Volume rocker screen wake
    -ICS themed dialer (Thanks to Devildog)
    -ICS UI sounds
    -New Google Roboto font
    -Removed all CarrierIQ Agent apps
    -Galaxy Nexus boot animation
    -ICS ported keyboard
    -MASSIVELY themed with ICS and Slate pngs...hella sick
    -Lots, lots more but that is everything notable

ISSUES
    -My keyboard wouldn't come up on first boot, again for no apparent reason, worked fine after a reboot.
    *If you can't get the keyboard to come up even after rebooting, then you can flash the stock HTC keyboard (3rd post) and just install the ICS one from the market.
    -Graphical issues when setting an alarm (still 100% functional). Trying to find cause.

v1.2 (12/26)
    -Removed Tweaks: causing graphical issues, will reinstate after Tommy puts out his update
    -Added MIUI battery bar option (change via app in app drawer)- Thanks pvyParts!
    -Updated Wireless Tether and Adobe Flash
    -Updated some more icons: bluetooth-statusbar, airplane mode-statusbar, volume silent-statusbar, ICS themed folders
    **I am out of town for the holidays and do not have my Evo with me. So please check everything in this list to make sure that it is working and report back if not. Thank you.

v1.1 (12/18)
    -Replaced roaming signal icons with ICS
    -Fixed Adobe Reader FCing
    -Updated GMaps and Flash
    -Added Tweaks.apk: big thanks to (the now happily married) TommyTomatoe for this one!
    -Fix missing wrong "dock" icon in settings
    -Fixed phone # alignment during in-call
    -Fix missing signal icon
    -Fix graphical issue with Mail.apk
    -Added Mms.apk w/o compression
    -Added 1x data icon functionality
    *Change clock color in "tweaks", for ICS blue type: ff3792b4
    **Not all tweaks in app are functioning, so please don't report those which don't work :)

v1.0 (12/5)
    -Initial release
    MODS
    -Stock HTC keyboard (will replace the installed ICS one, but you can still install from the market): LINK
    -Mod for standard 4x4 app drawer: LINK
    -Mod for Rosie remap to LaunchKey, app included in zip (w/ custom ICS-ish android icon): LINK
    -Mod for Rosie remap to LaunchKey, app included in zip (w/ standard ICS browser icon): LINK
    -Animated ICS clock widget (by me): LINK

screenshot1322029241450.png

*weather widget is Beautiful Widgets 4x1 with Flat White skin
    Did you ever figure out a fix for the Market crashing every time search is pressed?

Im uploading the rom now....with the market issue fixed, and wi-fi working.

I want to be clear that all I did was fix some images inside the framework-res, and a couple other small issues. This is the same rom it was, and I will let MCD continue on with further development from here.

@MCD.....if you need anything else, you know how to contact me

Enjoy :D
    Alright guys, I got everyone that I need. Thanks for the interest! Will report back once I have heard back with everything/made adjustments.