HTC Desire Reboot Loop Problem

Search This thread

matijasash

Nov 14, 2012
My solution for HTC desire stacked in boot loop

I did few times data reset, holding volume-down and power buttons. Before turning phone on I put it into freezer, for 5 min, and it really worked!

Ye tried a different sim card, boots fine and all is good till you reboot the phone and then the same happens again. Anyways flashing was a disaster this time round as I was doing it on my work pc and Symantec kicked in thinking it found a virus with adb.exe and halted the process & quarrantined the file. Now everytime I try and reflash on a different PC I get the dreaded error(110):file open error. Disconnect the phone & all I get is a black screen & HTC logo. Nice. Thanks Symantec you've just bricked my Desire!!

NIHAD NAS

Nov 15, 2016
my htc desire 820 frequently restarting nd restarting any one hav any sollution to fix that problem !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys, same situation here ...
    1) root with unrevoked : ok
    2) backup with clockworkmod in recovery: ok
    3) then the boot loop problem

I simply restored the backup and now my Desire boots again :confused:
    Same here....

Hey Guys,
    i got a very similar behaviour then reported here, but i think it doesn't have to do anything with clockwork mod or root for me.

Sytem before root:
    BRAVO PVT1 SHIP S-ON
    HBOOT-0.93.0001
    MICROP-031d
    TOUCH PANEL-SYNT0101
    RADIO-5.11.05.27

HTC Stock ROM 2.29.405.5

Procedure i have done:
    - rooted with unrevoked
    - booted into recovery
    - made backup

After doing that the Stock ROM is booting normally then (with root & clockwork), but all custom ROMs i tried to flash out of ClockWork went to boot loop.
    Some of them even get the system up, but after a while (<5 Minutes) they suddenly freeze and reboot to loops, stuck at bootscreen or same behaviour described earlier.

I have restored the Backup of the Stock ROM and everything is fine, but i would really appreciate to get CM6.1.1 or CM7 to work :/

I hope anyone has a idea, what i could try to get it done.

Thanks for help.
    regards deheld1
    Here's my suggestion as I've experienced similar and more.

Backup contents of your SD card to your pc.
    Reformat SD Card using FAT 32. If you're OS is Windows try using program like HP disk formatter.
    If you rooted phone correctly and able to boot phone into recovery, place SD card back into phone and boot in recovery scroll down to partition SD card if using Clockworkmod recovery it will partition SD card using EXT3 512 swap 0 is sufficient for this process you cam change partition size to meet your needs. After this step is completed you should still be in recovery. Now scroll to mounts & storage. You'll want mount device as USB. Now transfer your files from pc back to SD card. Also transfer zip file of custom ROM you'd like to flash. If you have an update.zip file on the root of SD card remove it.

Now unmount your device usb from pc.

Scroll back in recovery to install zip from SD card. Find your recovery-update.zip in the Clockworkmod folder and flash that file. Once its finished your phone should reboot into recovery. Now install zip from SD card again this time flash your choice of ROM you copied previously transferred to your SD card. As always, do full wipe clear cache and dalvik cache before flashing your ROM. Once you install ROM and if all is successful please make sure you enable USB debugging and select Unknown Source Install in your applications settings. Hope this helps.
    All HTC desire phones out of the box maybe contain the same problem - faulty motherboard. I also experienced random reboots on stock 2.2 rom. I sent the phone for repair and everything is fine now. No more random reboots.

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda premium