[Q] connection issues

Search This thread

noob91

Jan 13, 2012
i have a htc touch pro 2 and before i could connect it to computer. now when i try to it tells me instantly that the device cannot be recognized by microsoft on my cpu. i have a toshiba satellite l555 running windows 7. also while i try chrging it it takes forever and if the phone is on it says that my computer doesnt supply enough power to charge it. also says the same thing when its connected to my xbox 360. i just would appreciate any help.

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
i have a htc touch pro 2 and before i could connect it to computer. now when i try to it tells me instantly that the device cannot be recognized by microsoft on my cpu. i have a toshiba satellite l555 running windows 7. also while i try chrging it it takes forever and if the phone is on it says that my computer doesnt supply enough power to charge it. also says the same thing when its connected to my xbox 360. i just would appreciate any help.

Have you tried a different cable? Sounds like you've tried a different port, considering you plugged it into your 360...

Your USB port might be dying/dead....

noob91

Jan 13, 2012
I have not tried a different cable yet. I was thinking about gettin one from amazon to try. I hope it's just the cable.

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I have not tried a different cable yet. I was thinking about gettin one from amazon to try. I hope it's just the cable.

If you have a PS3, some cameras, etc use the exact same plug. Anything mini-USB - even tho it doesn't look like it matches up, it'll work.

20113211008200.jpg

I know, doesn't look like the plug will fit - it will!!

noob91

Jan 13, 2012
Mine don't look like that. It looks like this.

Attachments

• HTC-Touch-Diamond-Cord.jpg
    HTC-Touch-Diamond-Cord.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 36

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Mine don't look like that. It looks like this.

Yes, I know. I was trying to coax you into using other cables that are around your house that have this similar plug. The 'default' HTC cable looks like the one you posted, but I wanted you to be aware that other cables will work just fine - like the miniUSB standard cable I posted above!!

MarkoFaca

Sep 5, 2007
Belgrade
www.zafrkancije.co.yu
I have the same problem with my TP2.

Tried different cables, different computers, but problem is still there.

I can't connect TP2 with computer, can't sync with Outlook, at least I can flash ROM from mSD card :)

Any ideas, solutions, maybe there's some fix for this issue?!

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007

I can't connect TP2 with computer, can't sync with Outlook, at least I can flash ROM from mSD card :)

Has it ever worked? Perhaps it's a hardware issue with the plug. I assume it charges OK?

mr.horndoctor

Feb 6, 2010
St. Louis, MO.

Have you guys tried Deleting any/all Partnerships and then uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Mobile Device Center on your PC and then trying again?

mr.horndoctor

Feb 6, 2010
St. Louis, MO.
I suspect you have a hardware problem with the port on your device. Maybe use a magnifying glass and look at the brass pins inside the port and see if you see any bent or missing pins. You could have two pins touching that could be shorting. Maybe the only solution is repair/replacement. :(

Reactions: MarkoFaca

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I suspect you have a hardware problem with the port on your device. Maybe use a magnifying glass and look at the brass pins inside the port and see if you see any bent or missing pins. You could have two pins touching that could be shorting. Maybe the only solution is repair/replacement. :(

I'd say that is your best bet. It's entirely possible that the pins for charging (only 2) are fine, while the remainder (I think there's a total of 11?) or a portion of the remainder of the pins are messed up...

Good luck!

Reactions: MarkoFaca

ccengineer

Aug 17, 2011
Sorry, guys, but I tried that first: Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC, uncheked the box "Enable faster data syncronization", still nothing :)

When you connect your phone to the computer, does it even recognize it, I mean does your computer detect that something got connected to the usb? Were you always plugging it in to the same USB port on your computer?

VitezKoja

Dec 6, 2009
I HAD the same problem-charging was ok, but no sync. Well...
First of all, check your cables (my TP2 won't work with cables from my old TYTN II). Use cables for particular model, those contacts can be tricky. Now, in your phone's USB to PC settings uncheck "enable faster data sync". It worked for me. Now phone syncs, no problem. When pc starts recognizing your new device, phone will use 3g connection to download some 11MB of drivers, so you must have some credits in order to connect to 3g. Now it works like a charm, no problems whatsoever...
If your PC recognizes the device, but doesn't sync, try this: when connected go to your PHONE's active sync and sync it from there. Worked with me once I had that "issue"...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'd say that is your best bet. It's entirely possible that the pins for charging (only 2) are fine, while the remainder (I think there's a total of 11?) or a portion of the remainder of the pins are messed up...

Good luck!