[Q] Pantech Burst Love, Anyone? Anyone?

Search This thread

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
Someone sent me a phone to work on, coming today, I will make stock packages this week of both the original firmware and the OTA.

killa83

Dec 17, 2010
filefactory.com/file/ov3yua47by3/n/14_P9070_FFW_SW_with_ins.zip

I originally got it from a link that either jcase or attn1 or someone posted on this thread, but that link is gone now, so I uploaded it there for the time being.

Thanks man, its downloading.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

The update didnt even change anything....

jcase

Retired Forum Mod / Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Sequim WA
Reactions: stevotdo

marcusmarcus

Dec 3, 2010
It should go back to stock recovery as well, unless recovery doesn't restore the recovery img, in that case

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

to restore it.

OK, that restored the recovery image. Now that I a back on stock rom and recovery update finished fine. Still Gingerbread 2.3.5. Board and software version: MSM8660_SURF TP20 JUUS03122012

cdudeman

Jun 5, 2010
Weatherford TX
Does anybody else have any echo problems with the burst? Everyone I talk to says they can hear themselves echoing on their end of the call

I read online that someone put a piece of scotch tape over the second mic by the camera flash and the echoing stopped. gonna give that a shot

bigkevbosky

Apr 13, 2012
Does anybody else have any echo problems with the burst? Everyone I talk to says they can hear themselves echoing on their end of the call

I read online that someone put a piece of scotch tape over the second mic by the camera flash and the echoing stopped. gonna give that a shot

Haven't noticed that but I am still having the 'bluetooth toggle switch' problem, even after flashing the stock rom a couple times.

When I leave my house I usually toggle off wi-fi and toggle on bluetooth to listen to podcasts in the car, and I'd say every fourth or fifth time I do that, it'll freeze the phone and cause it to reboot. Pantech tech support told me to factory reset the phone, but obviously that hasn't helped.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wonder why we couldn't have a good phone with good price and good support, also? just only one.

hey all!!!!!! guess what update is up for grabs right NOW GO GET IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy shi* address is https://www.pantechusa.com/upgrade/burst/

please hit the thanks button!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
    Root is done, attn1 is working on recovery now, and IOMonster and I are trying to get a better root done while waiting on recovery.

As of right now, we have a leaked update that we are hi-jacking to get root, however we hope to get it down to just flashing recovery without the need for update later today.

Stay tuned.

CWBv5.jpg
    I'm porting over the newest Ubuntu Touch to you guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda app-developers app
    and here is root, you need fastboot and adb

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04/09/pantech-burst-rooted-and-the-process-is-stupid-easy/

IOMonster saved the day here, without him you would have to wipe your phone and install modified leaked firmware to get root.

Very glad we decided to not release the initial root, sorry

If IOMonster wants to explain he can, I would prefer not to however.

Details

http://goo.im/devs/jcase/prestoroot.img

adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot boot prestoroot.img

once phone boots, reboot it again, install superuser from the market
    I've started hosting relevant files for the Burst on part of my site. Download speeds are pretty high so if you can't access the 4shared or dropbox or whatever mirrors, check here.

If anyone has any particular files they want hosted and aren't already there, PM me.

Level 99 - Pantech Burst Files