DKZ CM9 for the MX2 -BETA 1- (updated 08/14/2012)

Search This thread

Mr.Holmes

Dec 29, 2011
Norfolk,VA
whats up fellas, i hope this hasnt become a dead issue , ive been crazy busy lately and will be for a few more weeks, then my work dies down and i can be of more assistance, whatever im capable of anyway

twobrare

Dec 22, 2011
This is not dead. I have been waiting for DKZ to release the update for it. Alpha 4 with working camera. I can put that up. I am currently running Eclipse 2.2.1 with a super charger on it. I am loving it so far a bit off topic.

Mr.Holmes

Dec 29, 2011
Norfolk,VA
This is not dead. I have been waiting for DKZ to release the update for it. Alpha 4 with working camera. I can put that up. I am currently running Eclipse 2.2.1 with a super charger on it. I am loving it so far a bit off topic.
This is awesome news, I'd love to have some CM9 on a regular basis, that its if I can let go of eclipse

Mr.Holmes

Dec 29, 2011
Norfolk,VA
I am also going to try MIUI. I like the MIUI rom too! I can start a thread with MIUI Too if you guys like?
I've dabbled in some MIUI and I do like it. Is it a program that if you feet it working us that it could be 100% operational? The only thing I miss on eclipse is sending the pics and video, would that be a fix if you got MIUI going? So to answer you, yes I'd like it and try it out with you. I Like options and right now I fell like eclipse its all I have. Good thing its great!

twobrare

Dec 22, 2011
I've dabbled in some MIUI and I do like it. Is it a program that if you feet it working us that it could be 100% operational? The only thing I miss on eclipse is sending the pics and video, would that be a fix if you got MIUI going? So to answer you, yes I'd like it and try it out with you. I Like options and right now I fell like eclipse its all I have. Good thing its great!

I loaded MIUI on my phone ICS Version. The latest one. I like the rom, The camera does not work. It seems a little laggy but... I think that is because of some features that are working. For a 100% operational rom this is not there yet, better than the other version and I think Ace will get there! I am really excited to have a developer on ourside with MIUI OPTIONS. As of right now I am going to be flashing back to Eclipse.

Sep 18, 2010

Any word on this? Non-working camera is the only thing stopping me from trying this.

Well, that and the fact I'm used to working with an HTC Desire with a permanently installed boot loader (Clockwork Recovery).

I don't understand fully this bootstrap method. Not sure I trust not having a recovery always installed. :(

twobrare

Dec 22, 2011
So alpha 4 should be released tonight sometime according to the other forum. DKZ is familiar of what we need to do get it the rom to install on the MX2. I do not know if he is going to make the correction or not. I will be gone this weekend at a wedding :( So I am not going to have time to port the rom to MX2 because I will not have a pc to do it... or upload it. I can do it Monday. THe Alpha 4 release is suppose to have a working camera and some other stuff. Just take a look at the other forum.

TO answer
THirdfloornorth,

I was not completely understanding of this whole process with the MX2 while I was a little scared at first. I am with nTelos wireless and I do have an SPF. Look on the forums there was an individual who did use ntelos sbf and some nandroid back up to get his phone working again. With the BSR method just make sure you always install it when you want to launch it. You click install and then launch into bootstrap. THere are 2 versions floating around. THere is the standard BSR and then there is a patch BSR. The Patch BSR you use for CM7, CM9 and MIUI. The Regular BSR you use you phone and eclipse.

I hope this helps.

Sep 18, 2010
So alpha 4 should be released tonight sometime according to the other forum. DKZ is familiar of what we need to do get it the rom to install on the MX2. I do not know if he is going to make the correction or not. I will be gone this weekend at a wedding :( So I am not going to have time to port the rom to MX2 because I will not have a pc to do it... or upload it. I can do it Monday. THe Alpha 4 release is suppose to have a working camera and some other stuff. Just take a look at the other forum.

TO answer
THirdfloornorth,

I was not completely understanding of this whole process with the MX2 while I was a little scared at first. I am with nTelos wireless and I do have an SPF. Look on the forums there was an individual who did use ntelos sbf and some nandroid back up to get his phone working again. With the BSR method just make sure you always install it when you want to launch it. You click install and then launch into bootstrap. THere are 2 versions floating around. THere is the standard BSR and then there is a patch BSR. The Patch BSR you use for CM7, CM9 and MIUI. The Regular BSR you use you phone and eclipse.

I hope this helps.

Wait, so the standard is for flashing TO regular/eclipse? And the Patch is for booting TO CM7 and CM9 (for instance, if I was trying to flash this Alpha)? Or FROM? Where would I find them, and a guide for using them properly?

I'm super scared of bricking my phone. It was nearly impossible to brick the Desire, but using a bootstrap... You know. Just paranoid.

Also, any word on this update?

twobrare

Dec 22, 2011
Wait, so the standard is for flashing TO regular/eclipse? And the Patch is for booting TO CM7 and CM9 (for instance, if I was trying to flash this Alpha)? Or FROM? Where would I find them, and a guide for using them properly?

I'm super scared of bricking my phone. It was nearly impossible to brick the Desire, but using a bootstrap... You know. Just paranoid.

I will have them both attached in the posting. The one you use is depended on what you are currently running. If you are running stock and you want to boot into Recovery mode you would use the standard, but if you are on CM7 or CM9 then you would use the patched BSR. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU ARE GOING TOO ONLY WHAT YOU ARE ON.

As soon as DKZ releases it which should be VERY soon I will give a shot and see if we need to convert it for the MX2. DKZ is aware of what needs to be done. He is a very good developer.

Reactions: Booga Booga

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010

If there is a SBF available for your carrier then it is really hard to brick your phone...soft brick requiring an SBF but to hard brick pretty tough...I am not aware though what is available for the milestone SBF wise

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

twobrare

Dec 22, 2011
Well I'm C Spire (formerly known as Cellular South).

What is SBF?

SBF is a file that can reflash your phone if you really screw it up. But it is going to be specifically per carriar and phone. I do not think we have a C-Spire SBF for the Milestone X2, but we do have one for the nTelos Milestone X2.

I read somewhere that someone needed to sbf and they sbf'ed using nTelos file and then did a nandroid Restore (which someone created). It is somewhere in the forums.

I read this stuff way to much to remember where everything is.

trafalger888

Aug 18, 2010
SBF is a file that can reflash your phone if you really screw it up. But it is going to be specifically per carriar and phone. I do not think we have a C-Spire SBF for the Milestone X2, but we do have one for the nTelos Milestone X2.

I read somewhere that someone needed to sbf and they sbf'ed using nTelos file and then did a nandroid Restore (which someone created). It is somewhere in the forums.

I read this stuff way to much to remember where everything is.

Skoowdwiva did I believe and I am not sure where the thread is either but I remember reading that as well

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE This is the MX2-Beta1 Done by DKZ. I am pasting the post Lrs121 did later in the forum (P.13) I am just posting it here to stay Current!

-below Lrs121 post their is my original post to help with flashing if you need it. Flashing should be the same. Included in Lrs121 post their is a wifi patch that DKZ applied.

Enjoy!

Lrs121
    Here it is! CM9 Beta1 Download links.

THANK YOU AND ALL CREDIT GOES TO DragonzKiller For all the work hes put forth

Read entire post before flashing. Its long i know but worth reading.

Known issues for mx2 cm9beta1 without data wipe (comes from my experience with it)
    Includes same issues for dx2
    constant super user request (see fixes/info)
    always says updating android durring startup (see fixes/info)
    reboot/shutdown hangs (see fixes/info)
    restart doesnt work properly (see fixes/Info)
    WIFI does not start (SEE FIXES/INFO)

NOTE!!! IF UPDATING FROM ALPHA 4 Wipe DATA CACHE AND FACTORY RESET!!! DATA WIPE FOR ALPHA 5 IS NOT REQUIRED BUT RECOMMENDED!!!
    How to install(credit to DZK)
    Installation:
    Install the BSR (patched if on CM7/CM9)
    Reboot into the BSR
    NANDROID <--- you'll probably want to go back to this
    Install the CM9 zip from the SD Card MX2 Users Go to the MX2 Thread for the Patched CM9 zip once it has been updated to Beta 1
    MX2 ONLY! Install the WiFi Driver zip from the SD Card
    Install the GAPPS from the SD Card
    Wipe both DATA and CACHE (no need to wipe Dalvik if you wipe both of these)
    Reboot your phone
    Enjoy CM9 Beta 1

Fixes/Info-for flash with out data wipe
    Constant superuser requests - Fixed
    when it happens - when you open an app that requires su access
    Theory - su updated but the app list didnt causing request loops
    how to fix - enter play market; go to my apps and uninstall updates for superuser; reinstall updates; open superuser and manually update binaries
    Always shows Updating Android - Info
    Info - No fix known, however it does not prevent your device from starting. Itll add on a couple seconds to the start time the first few times the phone is turned on after the first startup after flashing. After a few restarts it only takes a split second and it jumps right to the lock screen.
    Reboot/Shutdown hangs (note this is occasional) - Info
    Info - When rebooting or shutting down the phone will seem to hang with the rebooting/shutting down notification and the spinner is still spinning. The phone will become unresponsive to button input; that is normal for the shutdown and restart routiens.
    Fix - None however the phone should reslove it fairly quickly the longest ive seen it hang is a minute or two then it shuts down or restarts properly. if it lasts longer than that i recomend a battery pull.
    Restart doesnt work properly - Info
    Info - this usually happens when the restart hangs. the phone will determine that the restart is taking too long and will force shutdown the device. The device will not start back up AUTOMATICALLY. Just turn on the the phone normally as if you had told it to shutdown instead of restart.
    WIFI Does not start - info/fix hybrid
    Info/Fix - after flashing the rom and the wifi fix, the wifi may or may not turn on/connect durring the first start up, restart the phone. After the first restart the wifi should turn on but be delayed in connecting, wait for it to connect or say its connecting and then restart the phone. afterward there should be no problem with the wifi. if you are still having problems you may need to reflash everything.

Will Update post as soon as the second mirror is up

Mirror 1
    Cm9_Beta1
    http://www.mediafire.com/?u320dbohymdxl0v
    Gapps (note recomend finding current gapps and installing those. these are the ones i used)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?aa37q7r985afoqj
    MX2 WIFI Patch
    http://www.mediafire.com/?e7cbyc9lmdj3p7g

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DKZ Came out with CM9 for the Droid X2. I tried to flash it and it did not work.

I did some modifying on his file, which he created, to see if I could get it to load in the Milestone X2. We are running a different kernel then the Droid X2.

I wanted to let everyone know that it was a success! With Several hours in trying to locate certain files and modifying them we have

CM9 FOR THE MILESTONE X2

I am in no means taking credit for DKZ's work. He did a fantastic job!

Problems I have seen so far are:
    WIFI (working with DKZ to work)
    Camcorder

Have not tested
    HDMI
    Radio
    MMS

What works
    Data
    Text
    Call
    Touch screen
    GPS
    Camera*New
    Theme's are suppose to work.

The transitions are smooth and I have not had any issues with freezing or anything yet.

When I loaded I came from stock 2.3.6 Rooted
    Instructions.

1. Root phone on (how to do that Click Here)
    2. Place BSR on memory card
    3. Install BSR
    4. Load BSR
    5. Hit install Button
    6. Click Recovery Mode
    7. Do a backup
    8. Wipe Factory Settings
    9 Wipe Cache Settings
    10. Go to Advance Settings
    11. Go Wipe Devlik Cache
    12. Select Go Back
    13. Select Install from SD Card
    14. Go to the place you put the ROM zip and choose install
    15. GO back and install GAPP apps.
    16. Wipe Factory and Cache one more time
    17. Reboot phone
    18. Install BSR Patch (link Below)
    19. Enjoy Goodness!

To go back to backup copy.

1. Install Patched BSR
    2. Select install
    3. Select REcovery Mode
    4. Select "Back up and Restore
    5. Select Restore
    6. GO to area restore was saved
    7. watch load
    8. Then when done then select to reboot phone
    9. You are done!

Just keep in mind. If you are on stock use the normal BSR if you are on CM9 then use the Patched BSR! THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT!

CM9 ALPHA 5 (Thank you 754boy)
    Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?rx1x4lz95mzau3k

G-apps
    Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yw9088ehdqi4nfy/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
    MD5: 7C524E1E078164F681E0AA6753180B2C

He said that he is going to help with creating a wifi patch!
    If you guys want WIFI working. All you have to do is ask. I know how to make it work for you guys if the ROMs are actually running.

EDIT: I am going to need a few things from you guys first. And I am going to need one of you guys to get me the SBF for your phone so I can get them. If I have it, I can make one that works (at least for that specific SBF, maybe the others).

Sent from my MB870 using XDA
    If anyone wants to do it here is how I did it!

1. Download the file (alpha 5 from DKZ thread)
    2. Unzip file
    3. Install Notepad+ if (if you do not have the information)
    4. Open META-INF ->com->google->android
    5. Open updater-script
    6. Delete (package_extract_file("system/etc/releaseutils/check_kernel", "/tmp/check_kernel");set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/check_kernel"); assert(run_program("/tmp/check_kernel") == 0);
    7. Save file
    8. Go back to MITA-INF folder
    9. Open cert.sf
    10. Delete line that states “Name: system/etc/releaseutils/check_kernel SHA1-Digest: 7Yp/GdXiSin0EdDeDtKVr6gdhz4=”
    11. Save file
    12. To go system/ect/releaseutils/
    13. Delete file check_kernel
    14. Put the non-zip folder on SD card in phone
    15. Open root explorer and navigate to where the folder you edited was saved and zip file.
    16. Once zipped then it can be flashed and good to go!
    This is how I modified DKZ’s file to be flashed on the Milestone X2. If you have questions please let me know!

Let me know if you guys have questions are have a link I can update the thread!
    Thanks for the tut. I'm going to get to work on it now. :laugh:

Ok, modded, zipped, and tested. Works on my MX2. I'm uploading it now and will shoot the link to twobrare so he can put it up in the first post.

Kinda bummed that wifi is still down for us. I'm going to try to contact DZK and see if he can point me in the right direction to get it working. :cool:

Edit: Until the OP is updated, here is the link to CM9 Alpha 5 for any other MX2 users who are waiting to try it out.

http://www.mediafire.com/?rx1x4lz95mzau3k

Also, I got on IRC tonight and was able to work with dragonzkiller to get wifi working. So he whipped up a nice wifi patch for us! Head over to his CM9 thread to get it :)
    It did not work. It booted this time but the wifi just says turning on. It stayed like that for 5 minutes.

i'm going to have to look at the firmware needed for it and how it interacts with your drivers. it might take a bit more for me to work out, but I'll try to get it working for you guys.