CyanogenMod 10.1 Discussion thread

Search This thread

Flash1960

Mar 11, 2009
Than i think we got our awnser... download is very slow for the stock rom. 28 minutes remaining... cant wait to install CM10. Is there gonna be a preview 2 anytime soon?
I have a Nandroid from my Stock, i restore this now an try again install CM10 ;)

Edit: Same error with Stock....

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
What does build.prop for Urban HD report?

N8013 needed more work than I thought last night - much of it because we broke a few things when trying to split the repos - espenfjo started with just an n8000 repo, now we have n80xx-common for all the common stuff.

Repos are currently private, I plan on opening them up as soon as we've resolved the most obvious derps. So far those are for me:
1) On N8013, 5 GHz APs don't show up. Probably it's a wifi region code handling thing. Wifi region handling is the bane of my existence!
2) Netflix derps HARD, most other hwaccel video seems OK
3) Z-Device Test causes the camera to crash when it probes the camera

The best news though:
Adobe Photoshop Touch supports the standard ICS pen APIs in addition to the S-Pen APIs. This means that PS Touch works on CM10!

I'm probably going to upload a preview build tonight. After that I won't be doing much until next weekend - I have a business trip Wednesday/Thursday and need to pack tomorrow evening.

Beukhof1

Sep 5, 2007
Uden
www.42c.nl

N8013 needed more work than I thought last night - much of it because we broke a few things when trying to split the repos - espenfjo started with just an n8000 repo, now we have n80xx-common for all the common stuff.

Repos are currently private, I plan on opening them up as soon as we've resolved the most obvious derps. So far those are for me:
1) On N8013, 5 GHz APs don't show up. Probably it's a wifi region code handling thing. Wifi region handling is the bane of my existence!

The best news though:
Adobe Photoshop Touch supports the standard ICS pen APIs in addition to the S-Pen APIs. This means that PS Touch works on CM10!

I'm probably going to upload a preview build tonight. After that I won't be doing much until next weekend - I have a business trip Wednesday/Thursday and need to pack tomorrow evening.

The build.prop doenst report anything Urban HD just installs.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

I have a Nandroid from my Stock, i restore this now an try again install CM10 ;)

Edit: Same error with Stock....

Hmmmzz.. im writing stock now...

EDIT: Same problem here to Error 7

Last edited:

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego

The best news though:

Excellent news! I look forward to your source release. Yeah, it makes sense that Photoshop Touch supports the standard ICS APIs because it's been out for a while before this came out and it supports some of the other Android tablets with pens. But I'm guessing that we probably have a specific version for the Note that doesn't get linked to the market so we don't get updates unless Samsung updates it in the stock ROM (assuming you want to stay legal)? Or did you just buy the Market version (ugh Play Store sounds stupid).

espenfjo

Jul 24, 2008
Oslo
Excellent news! I look forward to your source release. Yeah, it makes sense that Photoshop Touch supports the standard ICS APIs because it's been out for a while before this came out and it supports some of the other Android tablets with pens. But I'm guessing that we probably have a specific version for the Note that doesn't get linked to the market so we don't get updates unless Samsung updates it in the stock ROM (assuming you want to stay legal)? Or did you just buy the Market version (ugh Play Store sounds stupid).
If you want updates the easy way you will have to buy it from the Play Store.
If you want updates the hard way you can download the newest stock, and just copy the apk.

I have not read the EULAs for it, so I can not guarantee that copying the APK from stock is legal.

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
If you want updates the easy way you will have to buy it from the Play Store.
If you want updates the hard way you can download the newest stock, and just copy the apk.

I have not read the EULAs for it, so I can not guarantee that copying the APK from stock is legal.

True. I wish Google would hurry up and provide redeemable coupons for apps so that vendors could use those instead of just including a device specific APK in the system ROM. To be honest I'm the farthest you can possibly be from artistic so I have no real use for Photoshop. Just thinking aloud here.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
This won't flash for me errors out everytime in twrp. Im talking about the n8013 wifi only build. Anyone get it to flash?

It doesnt give any type of specific error message either

Last edited:

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
This won't flash for me errors out everytime in twrp. Im talking about the n8013 wifi only build. Anyone get it to flash?

It doesnt give any type of specific error message either

I get assert errors in TWRP. Essentially it thinks you're trying to flash it on an unsupported device. I don't know if TWRP just doesn't support the right properties but you can always just comment those lines out of the update script when installing. I'll try that now and let you know how it goes.

Entropy512, do you have a build of CWM that we should use? I kind of don't trust zedomax's version to be honest. Actually, both recoveries are kind of weird, especially because they have problems with the touchscreen driver. In TWRP it's hard to select the files to flash because the touchscreen keeps jumping into a directory instead of scrolling the list which is a pain.

espenfjo

Jul 24, 2008
Oslo
I think the N8013 flash problem is the same flash problem as I saw on the N8000 builds.

Its assert arent taking stock build.device into consideration, hence it wont flash from stock (or stock based roms) :/
Until Entropy512 wakes up I guess you have to either remove assert check, or for example flash N8000 build first, then N8013 build right after (They both share the c0 assert).

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
I think the N8013 flash problem is the same flash problem as I saw on the N8000 builds.

Its assert arent taking stock build.device into consideration, hence it wont flash from stock (or stock based roms) :/
Until Entropy512 wakes up I guess you have to either remove assert check, or for example flash N8000 build first, then N8013 build right after (They both share the c0 assert).

Yeah I just removed the asserts myself and am flashing it now. What do you mean it doesn't take stock build.device into consideration? When I looked at /system/build.prop it seems like ro.build.device is p4notewifi which is one of the things that it checks for.

Edit: It randomly rebooted on its own partway through the flash the first time, ran it a second time and it worked much faster. Booting into CM10 now, I see the glorious boot animation :D

Last edited:

espenfjo

Jul 24, 2008
Oslo
Yeah I just removed the asserts myself and am flashing it now. What do you mean it doesn't take stock build.device into consideration? When I looked at /system/build.prop it seems like ro.build.device is p4notewifi which is one of the things that it checks for.

Edit: It randomly rebooted on its own partway through the flash the first time, ran it a second time and it worked much faster. Booting into CM10 now, I see the glorious boot animation :D
I am note sure which asserts the n8013 build are using just _now_, but I see that it has been looking for 'c0,n8013,GT-N8013' atleast, which does not include p4notewifi.

iofthestorm

Nov 1, 2010
San Diego
Booted into CM10 fine. Surprise surprise, my S Pen doesn't work anymore, again :(. Is this a symptom of the /system corruption that Entropy mentioned earlier? It seems like sometimes the firmware gets wiped out or something (judging from what I see in /proc/last_kmsg - I get a lot of i2c send failed messages, which is what I had earlier when I first lost S Pen capability while trying to root the stock OTA).

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

I am note sure which asserts the n8013 build are using just _now_, but I see that it has been looking for 'c0,n8013,GT-N8013' atleast, which does not include p4notewifi.

At least in the zip file I have, I see p4notewifi in the updater script but maybe I'm reading something wrong.

Edit: I just formatted /system and am flashing again. Let's see what happens now.

Edit2: No luck with that :(

Last time it appeared that flashing Entropy's rooted stock UEALH2 build fixed it for me, but broke it for at least one other person. One person reported that flashing Entropy's kernel fixed it for him (but I imagine that that's not going to work on CM10). Any ideas guys? Not in any huge rush, but it would be nice to figure this thing out.

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

Here be logs:

https://gist.github.com/3496005

I've got dmesg output, /proc/kmsg, and logcat there. Anything else I should grab?

One thing to note is that in the logs you notice that there's a line that appears to indicate that the firmware for the S Pen/Wacom digitizer isn't loaded correctly.

Code:
<5>[ 13.361095] c0 [E-PEN]: fw_version=0x0 (d7:0x0,d8:0x0)

On a working system I think it's supposed to be 0x22 (I mentioned it in one of the other threads where I was trying to figure the issue out). Any ideas as to where the firmware is stored and why it might not be loaded properly?

Last edited:

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY

I forgot to push my changes, but there SHOULD be a p4notewifi check in there, I'm not sure why it isn't working...

Edit: Also, I've attached a tarred recovery image built from our sources. Straight-up unmodified CWM.

Attachments

• CWM_fromsource_08282012.tar
    5.7 MB · Views: 2,102
Last edited:

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
Just wanted to pop in and say keep up the good work, gentlemen :D Do you guys have an IRC room that you're usually in?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

- Camera is unstable, though taking pics should work
    - Wi-Fi tethering is semi-broken
    - Some audio issues #blamecodeworkx

- Camera is now part of Gallery, that's why you might have two (because of Gapps)
    - If you have no Camera icon in app drawer, remember you have a lockscreen
    - If one camera app doesn't work, try the other one (if you have two)
    - If it worked once then didn't work anymore, reboot

- Download the zip
    - Download Gapps
    - Install the update zip from recovery
    - Install gapps from recovery
    - Wipe/Factory reset
    - Reboot

Screenshot_2012-08-26-20-15-19.png

Screenshot_2012-08-26-20-16-11.png

N8000: http://get.cm/?device=n8000
    N8013: http://get.cm/?device=n8013

Development happens in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1854844

If you're encountering a bug that isn't listed above, make sure to attach a logcat with your report. If you don't know how to do it, then refrain from posting. Once again, if this thread is becoming a hassle for me, then I'll close it right away. And remember that CM10.1 IS A WORK IN PROGRESS. No complaints for missing features either.
    You can check out #teamhacksung-support on Freenode for live support - but we won't hesitate to ban you if you're *****ing.

Also, a donation on the www.teamhacksung.org webpage is really appreciated. Thanks!
    N8013 Builds

08/27/2012 - http://d-h.st/j3G
    09/04/2012 - http://d-h.st/K1O
    09/15/2012 - http://d-h.st/04N
    09/24/2012 - http://d-h.st/8QT

Known Issues as of 9/24:
    • Mediascanner eats lots of CPU for a while, even on devices with not many files (e.g. is even worse than normal for JB mediascanner, which is derpy as hell to begin with) - Solution, set your screen to stay on when charging (also in Developer Options) and wait for it to stop being pegged. Once mediscanner has finished you should be fine until the next reboot

(9/15) 5 GHz region handling is now fixed - Change the region/country setting in Settings->Wifi->Advanced
    (9/24) Netflix and gralloc memory leak now fixed, we now have semi-working Project Butter thanks to I9300 JB.
    Can anyone try to make this work on cm10.1 its makes the ui go into tablet mode
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1780970

Sent from my GT-N8013 using xda premium
    We (CyanogenMod) have decided that we are not going to incorporate the old tablet UI as it would stray too far from AOSP.
    What has been done (Or is in the works) are customisations to the current UI, that will eg. let you move the soft buttons all the way to the left, instead of silly-middle as it is now.
    9/24 uploaded. Netflix is fully working, along with other things working. We have now moved to using the same kernel source tree as the I9300 (cyanogenmod's smdk4412 repo)

At this point, with the exception of some extract-files cleanup and ensuring our blob repo is good, we're almost ready to submit this device for nightlies.
    I'm finally back. I THINK the issues with multiuser upgrade are resolved but I'm paranoid... Also I'm thinking of waiting until I've forward-ported the stylus stuff before flipping the switch for N80xx, but I need to talk to Espen.

Key issues that are making me hold back:
    1) Netflix is 100% busted
    2) Camera is busted (even without the Exynos security fix...)
    3) All advanced stylus features are not yet reimplemented
    4) I need to figure out what to do about my plans for N8010 - as far as I can tell, I should be able to just rename N8013 to N801x and be done with it, but I'm not sure how to handle the repo names. (Just making N8013 builds easily installable on N8010 isn't enough - look at all who *****ed about P3113 nightlies ending and claiming their device was abandoned...)