[DEV][WIP][ROM][JDQ39E][4.2.2]CyanogenMod 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

nikhil16242

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2012
someone have test add cm10 wifi fix in the tree? it will probably work :p

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

for the bluetooth, try add this folder: https://github.com/for811/device_htc_golfu/tree/master/bluetooth
and add this to boardconfig.mk:

### Bluetooth
BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH := true
BOARD_HAVE_BLUETOOTH_BCM := true
BOARD_BLUETOOTH_USES_HCIATTACH_PROPERTY := false
BOARD_BLUETOOTH_BDROID_BUILDCFG_INCLUDE_DIR := device/htc/golfu/bluetooth/include
BOARD_BLUEDROID_VENDOR_CONF := device/htc/golfu/bluetooth/vnd_msm7x27.txt
TARGET_QCOM_AUDIO_VARIANT := caf

for811 , I dont think our device uses broadcom bluetooth http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=41489119&postcount=41
So I am not sure if those configs will do us any good.

@for811 Bluetooth is hard. Start from kernel, add bluesleep driver.

Nick, Yes actually that is play store keyboard.

Yeah man , damn bluedroid stack :/ , bluetooth is going to be pretty hard for us , even more so due to our different Bluetooth chip.

I think I have found a work around for installing apps.

a1mip1.png

The problem is that app-lib folder doesn't seem to be created when we install an app , not sure why this happens. So if we manually create the folder like /data/app-lib , apps can be installed. Just give the same permissions and owner ship to app-lib folder as the app folder.

This is what i am talking about..

2r5unnp.png

2mlqp.png

Last edited:

nikhil16242

Aug 31, 2012
@nikhil16242,
About app-lib not automatically creating, it must be the problem with init.rc. check whether following line exists in init.rc or manually add it:

mkdir /data/app-lib system system
chmod 775 /data/app-lib

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda premium

Thanks bro :) , that was the issue.

Here the modiifed boot image (This fixes app not installing issue) http://d-h.st/vf7

Last edited:

nikhil16242

Aug 31, 2012
Boot.img has fixed the problem and what about usb debugging? thats really annoying

I have fixed adb completely in my new build/kernel. But sdcard doesnt seem to show up after this fix.Maybe some issue with vold.fstab or storage list or even init.golfu.rc. I will try to fix this issue soon and will release the kernel.Then i can move on to bluetooth and wifi :)

penguin449

Feb 2, 2013
Littlepport ~ Cambridge
I have fixed adb completely in my new build/kernel. But sdcard doesnt seem to show up after this fix.Maybe some issue with vold.fstab or storage list or even init.golfu.rc. I will try to fix this issue soon and will release the kernel.Then i can move on to bluetooth and wifi :)

Dude your a F*cking Machine!!! After 90% bugs resolved i'm releasing my Carbon Build :D

Reactions: D3nch

saider

This is the kernel i was talking about > http://d-h.st/Hw8

ADB should be working in this , so if anyone is interested in providing logcats/bug reports you can use this :) . But sd card wont show up for now.
This is tested in ubuntu 11.10

And can someone tell me if gps and nfc are working :) ?

Now, with this kernel SD card is not included at all :(

doweeez

Apr 5, 2013
Vilnius
NFC doesn't seem to work. There is what i get in logcat after few times clicking nfc
Code:
W/Settings(  577): Setting airplane_mode_on has moved from android.provider.Settings.System to android.provider.Settings.Global, returning read-only value.
I/NfcService(  577): Enabling NFC
D/NFCJNI  (  577): Start Initialization
E/NFCJNI  (  577): hw_get_module() failed.
D/NFCJNI  (  577): Terminating client thread...
W/NfcService(  577): Error enabling NFC
W/ThrottleService(  391): unable to find stats for iface rmnet1
W/Settings(  577): Setting airplane_mode_on has moved from android.provider.Settings.System to android.provider.Settings.Global, returning read-only value.
W/InputMethodManagerService(  391): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@41ca4128 attribute=null, token = android.os.BinderProxy@41cf9ed8

Last edited:
Reactions: nikhil16242
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2rmbepd.jpg

CyanogenMod 10.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.2.2 (Jellybean), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
    */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Generic source code- http://github.com/cyanogenmod
    Device Config- https://github.com/nikhil16242/device_Golfu_cm10.1
    Kernel Source - https://github.com/nikhil16242/stock-golfu-kenrel

This is still a WIP , so this is not recommended for daily use.

WHAT WORKS

- Audio
    - RIL (As far as i have tested
    - Camera(Stills and Panorama)
    - Storage (Emmc and Sd card)
    - Auto Brightness
    - Gps
    - Proximity sensor

BUGS

These are the major bugs as far as i have tested.

- Wifi
    - Bluetooth
    - ADB ( Detects the device as offline)
    - Video Recording
    - Don't use swype function in keyboard.It will fc

Everything else is untested. Might or might not work

INSTRUCTIONS

Read the instructions carefully before posting

-Reboot To Recovery and copy the Rom zip file
    -Do a factory reset
    -Flash The Rom
    -Flash gapps
    -Reboot to bootloader and Flash the kernel (boot.img) Provided with the Rom
    -Reboot

-After first boot Go into Settings>About Phone and click Build number about 10 times and you will get the developer options.Disable ADB and re enable it and the device will reboot(Its a bug).After the reboot you will be able to access both internal and external sdcard storage (Just a work around for now)

-The only way to provide me logcats for now is through the terminal emulator.Open it and type
    Code:
    su
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat1.txt
    Just let it run in the background and provide me logcats if you encounter bugs other than that listed in OP. Please Dont report bugs without logcat.

CREDITS

- Whole Cyanogenmod Development Team
    - The XDA team
    - @sakindia123 for his work on cm10.1 for htc explorer
    - @cute_prince for bringing cm10 to our device and always being helpfull :good:
    - @dominos_liberty for showing interest in our device and starting the initial developement
    - Anyone I have missed.

Link To Build #1 : http://d-h.st/Eqf
    Gapps : http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip
    Its face?? Has anyone actually heard from nikhil? The dude is probably just enjoying the summer.

Sent from my HTC Desire C

Sorry for all the "Inactiveness" on my part. I have just been super busy with my academic admissions and stuff :( . I will relatively after a couple of weeks and i can spend a lot more time on this. I will close this thread untill then to prevent any further spam.
    Boot.img has fixed the problem and what about usb debugging? thats really annoying

Guys there is developement news :) Pico...

CyanogenMod 10.1 Beta 1

- Fixed Video recording
    (IMPORTANT: after you are done recording, switch back to photo mode then exit, otherwise, gallery will freeze)
    - Fixed Video decoding (gallery playback)
    - Fixed WiFi hotspot

- Fixed kmsg permission denied in ADB
    - Kernel 3.0.83
    - CM upstream changes
    - Bluetooth is still buggy :/ force stop bluetooth in settings to turn it on

Download

You can try copy pasting framework folder, i wll release source in few days so you can apply it on Desire C too!