FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10 (Updated: Mar 16th)

510 posts
Thanks Meter: 873

Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2012, 09:03 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cHarley04

Before you give up on the phone, get a new SIM card from your carrier.
There have been several people here with the reboot problem, and a new SIM card seems to fixed it.

will do that tomorrow thank you
2nd September 2012, 09:54 PM |#82  
Flag Gilroy
Thanks Meter: 85

More
Will AT&T just give a new SIM card? Just like that?
2nd September 2012, 10:58 PM |#83  
Thanks Meter: 546

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supetawesomedude

Will AT&T just give a new SIM card? Just like that?

Yes.
2nd September 2012, 11:52 PM |#84  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Yea, the message popup doesn't seem to be working right now (possibly an issue with mdpi).. they'll probably fix it though
I've also read loose plans to have it popup after pressing something on the normal notification, so that will be cool.
Edit: Confirmed now

I've been able to get Google Now working slightly, and voice search works by bumming off 2 more apps. Just have to hit the search button after it puts it in.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0#post29035520
Replacing QuickSearchBox with the above (where it says to replace GoogleQuickSearchBox) stops it from closing, then the 2nd app there (link here since its broken on that thread) combined with the older Voice Search from the Play Store for voice searching
Voice input on the keyboard won't work though, and the Now app has some drawing issues.
Update: better apk with scrolling/drawing issues fixed here

Setting aGPS to mode 2 was a good choice - once it "settled in" (didn't have to wipe data), I think its much faster now
The Following User Says Thank You to WinSuk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WinSuk Ad-Free
3rd September 2012, 03:31 AM |#85  
Flag Ampang
Thanks Meter: 215

More
how about the media service problem exist in every jellybean rom?
3rd September 2012, 04:11 AM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
yes but i use dragon go for swype , it allows dragon go to be used for voice to text :P
3rd September 2012, 04:42 AM |#87  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuoyang

how about the media service problem exist in every jellybean rom?

No one else has your problem.
Try a data wipe? If not make sure you're on the bootloader included in the Froyo RUU
Formatting the SD card may help too
3rd September 2012, 05:39 AM |#88  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I spent a lot of time working on the Aria reboot problem. A new sim solved the problem. My phone would still reboot however, when using it without a sim card. Never found a solution to that, even after HTC put a new mother board in under warranty!

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
3rd September 2012, 09:25 AM |#89  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Message popup crashing is a miss-named drawable on MDPI. Patch has been pushed to gerrit

Built apk can be downloaded from here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6g...3VyOWdrQmpOTlE
(with the new button on the normal notification to show the popup, and reverted change that broke vibration)
Not sure if this can be installed over the top like a normal application, or if it has to go in /system

They are working on making the popup not open the Messaging app behind it
3rd September 2012, 03:04 PM |#90  
Flag Ampang
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinSuk

No one else has your problem.
Try a data wipe? If not make sure you're on the bootloader included in the Froyo RUU
Formatting the SD card may help too

hmm, I always wipe data when updating a new rom, and this problem does not exist in ICS.
Will try formating sd card later.
EDIT: ok, discovered the problem, i have 600+ picture in my camera folder and it makes the media services keep restarting, after i moved camera folder into my computer , it works fine.
3rd September 2012, 03:16 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
I switched to an iPhone 3GS for a while because of some problems that came up, and let me tell you; it really sucks.. I wish I can get back to using my Aria soon, because I really rather have Android than iOS, even if it is jailbroken..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm10, cyanogenmod, cyanogenmod 10, jellybean, unofficial

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)