Search This thread

Dilinkuint

Sep 15, 2010
just flash onyxR 4.2 and everything went smooth.. so far.. my sd card mounted right of and they didnt wipe... crazy cuz i was just having problems with osidan v3 and onyx3, i think i even soft brick my phone.. but than i remember reading somewhere to almost always wipe everything 3 times!!! and than everything work fine and than i install onyx4.. gona go play with it now and ill report any bugs i find.

hoey2011

Dec 29, 2009
Dallas
it's likely due to the fact that many members on their board are reporting an internal SD card FULL WIPE. wouldn't wanna spread that nasty mess on XDA :p too many OMG WTF BBQ WHERE'S MY ****!? posts, due to people not reading disclaimers, or being to anxious to have the latest and greatest (without any regard to possible bugs) on their phones.

Me, i'll wait for the flak to be fixed :D

PaiPiePia

Aug 22, 2010
it's likely due to the fact that many members on their board are reporting an internal SD card FULL WIPE. wouldn't wanna spread that nasty mess on XDA :p too many OMG WTF BBQ WHERE'S MY ****!? posts, due to people not reading disclaimers, or being to anxious to have the latest and greatest (without any regard to possible bugs) on their phones.

Me, i'll wait for the flak to be fixed :D

Also, it looks like V4.2 brings some very advance stuff that I don't think many average user will appreciate yet until more people tests them out and irony out the bugs.

I meant, I consider myself pretty geeky and looking at V4.2 changlog has me going "wtf"....

EDIT: btw, 4.2 is out for those that missed it.

Dilinkuint

Sep 15, 2010
just finish installing oclf 2.o.. everything went well... gonna go do my quadrant scores... btw how do you take pics of your phone running apps and stuff so i can post some score in here :)? with pics

mr2t32

Sep 25, 2009
Just like I expected. Waited all day for the update. Got tired of waiting so I flashed v3 with a feeling that once I have v3 setup v4.1 will be released. At least it's v4.2, so it's was worth it.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

timsterzzz

Aug 30, 2010
Just flashed Obsidian 4.2, and can confirm no internal sd wipe for me. A tip for people having sd mounting issues. I dropbox all my rom's and update.zips across my wireless network. Yeah it takes 5mins vs 30 secs, but in the long run if you change roms like i do, it will save some wear and tear on your usb port. Plus you don't have to worry about any mount issues.

Dilinkuint

Sep 15, 2010
just finish with quadrant, got 1806 score.. and on linkpack MFLOPS: 14.064! market was the fastest i have ever seen!!! downloads were fast.. and didnt get stuck in the installing or downloading... everything works better than great... thanks for all the hard work you have put on this simbionix team.. you'll get your beers from me tmrw :)

cire253

Jan 21, 2009
Puyallup
just flashed 4.2

just flashed the new 4.2, its very very fast, only issues I noticed is it wiped all my internal SD, and I have 0.00 amount of space for apps. Now trying to flash back to fusion 1.2 but am getting a E:Failure at line 12: copy_dire PACKAGE:data DATA: Installation aborted.

damn... Have to flash back to stock and start over lol

mr2t32

Sep 25, 2009
Just flashed Obsidian 4.2, and can confirm no internal sd wipe for me. A tip for people having sd mounting issues. I dropbox all my rom's and update.zips across my wireless network. Yeah it takes 5mins vs 30 secs, but in the long run if you change roms like i do, it will save some wear and tear on your usb port. Plus you don't have to worry about any mount issues.

Good idea. I think I'll start doing that. Btw, just rebooted my phone and haven't noticed and problem with v4.2. So far so good.

cashyftw

Sep 11, 2010
Flashed 4.2 it's SUPER fast, especially with the lagfix! ( No-RFS Overkill JFS ) I've said this before, but this phone is really flying, will be testing battery life.

borg31337

May 6, 2010
Flashed 4.2 it's SUPER fast, especially with the lagfix! ( No-RFS Overkill JFS ) I've said this before, but this phone is really flying, will be testing battery life.

Anyone has a video of the final result of this ROM on Vibrant? I'm tempted to just try this without waiting for Tmobile official OTA Froyo.

sombionix

Retired Forum Mod
Nov 20, 2009
Salt Lake City, UT
4.2 is officially up, thread is updated. Also, for those who aren't ballzy enough to try the 4.2 with the universal lagfix, I also posted 4.2 with the stock kernel which still utilizes my custom init scripts for speed. 4.2 with stock kernel still includes standard OCLF apk. I suggest only advanced users use the universal lag fix for the time being. None of our team have personally experienced any issues with it. So far we love it and will be continuing work on it to resolve the one bug. Enjoy!

creator2456

Jul 12, 2010
Chicago
OnePlus 8T
4.2 is officially up, thread is updated. Also, for those who aren't ballzy enough to try the 4.2 with the universal lagfix, I also posted 4.2 with the stock kernel which still utilizes my custom init scripts for speed. 4.2 with stock kernel still includes standard OCLF apk. I suggest only advanced users use the universal lag fix for the time being. None of our team have personally experienced any issues with it. So far we love it and will be continuing work on it to resolve the one bug. Enjoy!

Great work. Would love to see a short explanation of what the tweaks are at some point.

I'm sure there's going to be TONS of complaining over this because people can't read, but keep strong and keep doing what you do.

yvliew

Oct 3, 2010
If I flash v4.2 with stock kernel, can I later install OCLF lag fix or voodoo?

just read, seems like I can. and stock does include OCLF. THanks!

hi2live

Sep 21, 2010
Question regarding GPS:
It says that the GPS is working, yet when I open maps, the icon still blinks and blinks. Will GPS only work when I have the use wifi/data box checked? Or do I have to go into the service every now and then to search for sattelites? I thought the GPS would work without the wifi checked

crtsj

Aug 17, 2010
Som!!! You took out the color in settings in 4.2!! Why!!! It rocked!. The rest is amazing tho. No problems & thank you!

SEALBoy

Oct 26, 2008
Gonna flash V4.2 w/ Universal Lagfix today. Is it still necessary to stick with just one lagfix at a time, or can we apply OCLF and Voodoo at the same time?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Logo.jpg
    All of Team Whiskeys roms perform a full system wipe​

OFFICIAL HOME OF BIONIX AND TEAM WHISKEY
    http://board.teamwhiskey.com/index.php
    http://www.teamwhiskey.com/
    http://webchat.freenode.net/
    irc.freenode.net / #teamwhiskey

Beta 3 is the most stable build yet. Technically, it should be out of beta, but I still have a couple more modifications to throw in. You won't have any problems with this build. PLEASE run this rom as is and report bugs. DO NOT flash this and then flash other kernels or modifications and then post bugs because we'll have no idea if its the rom or the other kernels or mods you've installed causing the problem.

Nero Beta 3:
    - Updated Market
    - Updated VoiceSearch
    - Fixed blurry mms issue
    - Mounting issue fixed (hopefully)
    - Added multiple lock screens and Power menu options (HUGE thanks to Jocelyn for her contribution!)
    - New shutdown sound
    - New livewallpaper
    - New status icons
    - init script edits for a little extra speed (still tweaking to get it just right)
    - Framework edits

Please check out our forum for tons of extras, and don't forget to visit us in our IRC for any help you may need, we're happy to assist.

Nero Beta 2:
    - Full JL1 base with our modifications of course
    - Heavily modified to look and feel like the nexus s (gingerbread)
    - Fixed the black text on black submenu issue. its not white text on black as it should be.
    - Modified init scripts for added speed
    - Updated Maps
    - Updated Gmail
    - Updated YouTube
    - Additional Framework edits
    - New Bootanimation

Download:
    Nero Beta 3
    me too #nohomo
    I replaced the background of the stock Nexus LWP to the background of the gingerbread Nexus LWP made by the3dman. It completes the gingerbread look :cool: Clockwork flashable zip included.

nexus.jpgsnap20101210004741.jpg
    Thanks for the tip. But are you sure resetting the battery stats after flashing a new ROM won't mess up the battery life in any manner? Wanna be sure about this before I start doing this.

when you flash a new rom, it alters the current battery reading, in other
    words, it doesn't read it correctly. that's why you have to reset battery
    stats to have a correct info through the rom.. resetting the stats doesn't
    ruin your battery's life. it simply corrects the reading. Thus reconditioning
    your battery brings more life to your battery and is healthy to do twice in
    a month...

here's how to correctly recondition/reset your battery stats:

1. make sure you drain the battery completely to the point when it shutdowns
    by itself.
    2. charge it without turning it on for about 4-6 hours.
    3. after you've done that, go to cw by the key combinations (leaving the connection plugged in)
    4. reinstall packages, go to advance, reset battery stats,
    5. reboot
    6. wait for it to finish scanning media then unplug.
    7. reboot one more time.

p.s. cheers to TW for this lightning fast rom :)
    sorry to bother you guys. can anyone please help with a functional link for downloading stock T959UVJFD.. need to odin it before upgrading to nero beta 2. all the links on xda so far are broken and been unsuccessful trying to download.

here you go my friend:
    http://www.multiupload.com/IFSJECTS3L

full odin package, comes with pit and ODin ;)
    T959UVJFD