FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RoM][XWLPY-4.0.4-ICS]SHOstock2 v6.2 [11/13/2012](FINAL)

8,896 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,375
 
By shoman94, Recognized Contributor on 25th March 2012, 09:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd July 2012, 06:12 PM |#5711  
tylercarter's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Illinois
Thanks Meter: 369
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0p3nsrc

well, its been a long and difficult pause (stupid treo750..), but finally got my phone back from the Samsung service center. Turns out, it was the speaker that was faulty. once they replaced that, everything works fine. got it back, and just flashed 3.1.0! Smooth as butter, Sho!

Only one issue, though, so far.. It's Siyah, so I tried downloading ExTweaks on the phone. I kept getting "error downloading purchase. DB-BPA-09"

I tried all sorts of suggestions from various sites, including clearing data from Google Services Framework and rebooting, unsyncing Gmail then resyncing Gmail.. The only thing that worked was going to play.google.com, and searching for ExTweaks from the web, and then clicking install. I chose the device, and then waited. Went onto the Play store on the S2 and clicked install. this time it worked. Weird, but oh well.

random - just saw about Google Now.. site is up, but no download link.. looks like we wait for someone with a nexus running 4.1 to post the apk

Easy fix. Lilchris showed me this one.

Google play clear data
Google framework services clear data.
Don't open anything. Just restart from there. Sometimes I've had to do it twice. But as soon as they run again before u reboot then you'll have to repeat the process. At least this is what works for me anyway. Hope it helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tylercarter For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tylercarter Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 09:32 PM |#5712  
Senior Member
Flag Boston area
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Any idea how I can fix the torch (no torch when holding HOME button when locked)? Didn't work in either 3.05 or 3.1.

Thanks.
2nd July 2012, 09:44 PM |#5713  
selw0nk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 359
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbi1

Any idea how I can fix the torch (no torch when holding HOME button when locked)? Didn't work in either 3.05 or 3.1.

Thanks.

It works. Press the power button once and hold down the home button.
The Following User Says Thank You to selw0nk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift selw0nk Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 10:11 PM |#5714  
BROKKANIC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbi1

Any idea how I can fix the torch (no torch when holding HOME button when locked)? Didn't work in either 3.05 or 3.1.

Thanks.

You might just have to reflash. Works fine for me.

Seperate issue..... Had to roll back SU update. Thought I cleared the issue with constant permission notifications but it popped back up on its own today. Started sucking the life out of my battery.

Rolling back the update seems to have fixed the issue for now. If it pops up again I might just have to try a clean install
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BROKKANIC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BROKKANIC Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 10:12 PM |#5715  
Senior Member
Flag Boston area
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by selw0nk

It works. Press the power button once and hold down the home button.

Pressing the power button once unlocks the phone, and holding the home button opens task manager. It does not work.
2nd July 2012, 10:16 PM |#5716  
BROKKANIC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbi1

Pressing the power button once unlocks the phone, and holding the home button opens task manager. It does not work.

Pressing the pb with the screen off brings up the.lock screen. With the lock screen active you press and hold the home button and it should turn on the torch.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BROKKANIC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BROKKANIC Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 10:23 PM |#5717  
Senior Member
Flag Boston area
Thanks Meter: 48
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKKANIC

Pressing the pb with the screen off brings up the.lock screen. With the lock screen active you press and hold the home button and it should turn on the torch.

Ah ha...so you need a lock screen in place. OK, that works. I had my lock screen disabled, I kind'a like the immediate access to screen without the need to unlock/slide anything.

Thanks!
2nd July 2012, 10:47 PM |#5718  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 40
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BROKKANIC

You might just have to reflash. Works fine for me.

Seperate issue..... Had to roll back SU update. Thought I cleared the issue with constant permission notifications but it popped back up on its own today. Started sucking the life out of my battery.

Rolling back the update seems to have fixed the issue for now. If it pops up again I might just have to try a clean install

I have been having the same issue. Only problem was explaining what was going on. Thanks for that. How do you go about rolling back the update? Thanks again.
2nd July 2012, 11:17 PM |#5719  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Updated to 3.1 from 2.1 (or something way back like that). Is the email app removed? Is there a way to get it back? On 2.1 I had gmail and an email app and I used the email app much more because I use GMX.
2nd July 2012, 11:30 PM |#5720  
BROKKANIC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 129
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpazevedo

I have been having the same issue. Only problem was explaining what was going on. Thanks for that. How do you go about rolling back the update? Thanks again.

Settings>Applications>SU>Uninstall updates

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe_24

Updated to 3.1 from 2.1 (or something way back like that). Is the email app removed? Is there a way to get it back? On 2.1 I had gmail and an email app and I used the email app much more because I use GMX.

Check post #2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BROKKANIC For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BROKKANIC Ad-Free
2nd July 2012, 11:39 PM |#5721  
xpakage's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 612
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe_24

Updated to 3.1 from 2.1 (or something way back like that). Is the email app removed? Is there a way to get it back? On 2.1 I had gmail and an email app and I used the email app much more because I use GMX.

Look at the post above this one.

I need to refresh before answering a question to see if someone else has answered
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beast, best kernel, cherrypicker, mhl compatible, sgh-i777, shostock, shostock2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes