FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[RoM][XWLPY-4.0.4-ICS]SHOstock2 v6.2 [11/13/2012](FINAL)

8,896 posts
Thanks Meter: 12,375

By shoman94, Recognized Contributor on 25th March 2012, 09:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th July 2012, 09:52 PM |#5911  
Flag Daly City
Thanks Meter: 388

Donate to Me
More
Hey Sho, official 4.0.4 is being pushed to international SII's. Useless without source, but I have a question. Does that brand new build have the brick bug? I heard the leaked one did.
11th July 2012, 01:28 AM |#5912  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Maine

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloruler64

Hey Sho, official 4.0.4 is being pushed to international SII's. Useless without source, but I have a question. Does that brand new build have the brick bug? I heard the leaked one did.

It has the same issues.... its not the ROM itself..... Its the kernel and how it flashes when using CWM to wipe data. Although there has been some cases of it happening with Samsung recovery.

Until its safe..... I won't be going to it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shoman94 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift shoman94 Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 01:51 AM |#5913  
Flag Daly City
Thanks Meter: 388

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94

It has the same issues.... its not the ROM itself..... Its the kernel and how it flashes when using CWM to wipe data. Although there has been some cases of it happening with Samsung recovery.

Until its safe..... I won't be going to it.

I would think it would include a new kernel. That's too bad that it has it. When source leaks, devs will be able to make it safe right? Remove that flag?

But thanks for not taking that risk, I'm sure everyone appreciates it.
11th July 2012, 01:54 AM |#5914  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Maine

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haloruler64

I would think it would include a new kernel. That's too bad that it has it. When source leaks, devs will be able to make it safe right? Remove that flag?

But thanks for not taking that risk, I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

Yes when source releases... we should be ok.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
11th July 2012, 02:18 AM |#5915  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Smile
I upgraded from unnamed 1.3.2 to ShoStock2 3.1.1. Most stuff works as expected. Thanks Sho! The only really problem I encountered is the Quick Pamel - The data connection only worked some of the time and there is an interaction between that and the sound control. Does anyone have similar problem?

I did have to workaround some problems that are probably not ROM specific
1. Have to re-install some apps rather than restore them with Titanium Backup.
2. Have to edit /data/misc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf to be able to connect to enterprise system.
3. Have to update /etc/gps.conf to get a quicker GPS fix.
4. Have to disable "Location Services" stuff to get a reasonable battery life.

Thanks a lot for sharing the Rom and other info.
11th July 2012, 03:20 AM |#5916  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
What exactly did you update to get faster gps fix?

11th July 2012, 06:13 AM |#5917  
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 742

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GigDroid

What exactly did you update to get faster gps fix?

This is what he means most likely and it's something I strongly recommend Shoman integrate into his next ROM release. Using this file I get instant locks and 10/12 to 12/12 satellite locks.

To install (just download the noSSL file and go into system/etc and replace the gps.conf file and reboot the phone...do NOT flash in CWM it won't work that way. Basically his method 2 listed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1447599
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nosferatu. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Nosferatu. Ad-Free
11th July 2012, 06:39 AM |#5918  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu.

This is what he means most likely and it's something I strongly recommend Shoman integrate into his next ROM release. Using this file I get instant locks and 10/12 to 12/12 satellite locks.

To install (just download the noSSL file and go into system/etc and replace the gps.conf file and reboot the phone...do NOT flash in CWM it won't work that way. Basically his method 2 listed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1447599

GPS lock has always been fine for me. It takes a minute or so the first time, but after that it locks in 10 seconds or less. In either case its 400% better than my Captivate.
11th July 2012, 03:30 PM |#5919  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greycloak42

GPS lock has always been fine for me. It takes a minute or so the first time, but after that it locks in 10 seconds or less. In either case its 400% better than my Captivate.

Amen to that, my Cappy had HORRIBLE battery life. I pretty much love my G2 to much I will not be upgrading to a G3 yet. (As long as Sho keeps cooking roms for the 2.)
11th July 2012, 04:34 PM |#5920  
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 742

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greycloak42

while that's good for you I can assure you from reading around that the majority still have GPS lock issues, especially after rooting the GS2. Either way, for those having problems this is a huge and simple fix.
11th July 2012, 09:24 PM |#5921  
Flag south fl
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94

weird how the kernel is effecting different people but I will admit I'm getting more complaints since I switched to Siyah.

Yeh it's odd, last few days it's been fine. But it seems random, never had a problem before till the past few weeks where the Kernal will be the biggest battery consumer for no reason, but it's fine today, go figure. I'm still on 3.0.2, guess I can just update to 3.1.1 and see what happens , either way the Rom is so fast and smooth.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beast, best kernel, cherrypicker, mhl compatible, sgh-i777, shostock, shostock2

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)