[UPDATED][INDEX][REPO][AIO] HTC ONE (M8) - ROMs | Kernels | MODs | Recoveries

Search This thread

Toxicology

Aug 30, 2011
Heidelberg
OnePlus 8 Pro
Can I flash twrp with fastboot on a stock m8 and gain root that way. I'm asking because if I can then I can unlock the boot loader and gain s- off without ever fooling with HTC. Thanks to those who may truly know the answer to this. I was just thinking about how twrp prompts us to root when it says we do not have root priveleges. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Afaik you cannot flash a custom recovery with locked bootloader. You first have to open bootloader, then flash TWRP, then root, then soff.

Sent from my M8

Reactions: treIII
Can I flash twrp with fastboot on a stock m8 and gain root that way. I'm asking because if I can then I can unlock the boot loader and gain s- off without ever fooling with HTC. Thanks to those who may truly know the answer to this. I was just thinking about how twrp prompts us to root when it says we do not have root priveleges. Thanks

Go to the firewater thread. They give you a way to get temp root then s-off then you can unlock bootloader and root without HTC

Reactions: treIII

coal686

Senior Moderator / Developer Rel. / Mod Liaison
Staff member
Apr 13, 2012
Tampa-ish, FL
OnePlus 9 Pro

tommypacker

Mar 4, 2013
California
tommypacker.wordpress.com
Reactions: exad and coal686

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
Is there any mod which can alter soft button sequence like LG G2
Home recent back or recent home back and other configuration

I Bricked my ???One

MirageBlader

May 9, 2012
Munich
Any mod for remap the extreme power saver apps? Insertcoin can do it but Iam on stock and want it.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

Lalelalelale

Jun 5, 2014
I'm searching the best battery lire ROM... Better than the stock.

If it is as smooth as stock it would be wonderful

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Thread Ownership Change

Hey everyone,

As Tommy has been swamped as of late and therefore hasn't had the time to be able to update this thread, I've asked him if he'd mind me taking over this thread and he has no objections.

So, from now on, I'll be updating this thread as often as possible so that it can continue to be a great resource for all those who need it.

As I'll be at work later today, I won't have the time to update the OP until but rest assured I'll have it all updated over the weekend and will continue to update as soon as possible thereafter.

As usual, if I manage to miss any threads when I've done an update, please either post here letting me know or feel free to PM me and I'll make the amendments.

Cheers,
- KidCarter93

D

Darth

Yes.... Great thread. ?

When I build the courage to root my new M8....I'll be coming here for sure. ?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forum Runner

KidCarter93

Retired Forum Moderator
Mar 26, 2012
Coventry, UK
Just so you're all aware, I obviously haven't done a thread update yet (even though it was due over a week ago) but I've just had a house swap a few days ago and have been busy with finalizing everything and getting my new place all set up.

This thread will be updated over the next couple of days though as I'm pretty much finished with setting up and will be able to get time to sit down and get this update done.

I just thought I'd let you all know in case you thought I was slacking right after taking over this thread ;)

Top Liked Posts