[DEV][KERNEL]custom kernel for ICS based (update23072012)

Search This thread

tux-kid's

Oct 27, 2011
Makassar
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE BY FLASHING THIS KERNEL​

Feauture :
  • Kernel update to 2.6.35.14
  • No more white screen on boot and splash screen work
  • UV module include
  • Ondemandx ,245 min ,800 set default
  • More Scaling Governor
  • Deepsleep and more tweak on ramdisk

How to :
  • put file zip on sdcard
  • go to recovery mode
  • mount /system
  • install file zip

Link :
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ig324kc1aavzgt7

Do With Your Own Risk
550184_2641173408325_1825266129_1583789_1644689836_n.jpg

tell me if you find bugs not to galaxyics

Last edited:
Reactions: angel_boulevard

marcin1147

Dec 29, 2011
IT'S VERY BAD IDEA TO USE IT!
Our kernel have ICS stuff like: genlock, memalloc, kgsl, ksm, compatibility with Adreno libs and finally - a flicker fix. Even if it basing on our github code - it's still not as up-to-date as our kernel. Believe me.

We are working hard to provide you as stable ICS as it possible.

Last edited:

tux-kid's

Oct 27, 2011
Makassar
Our kernel have ICS stuff like: genlock, memalloc, kgsl, ksm, compatibility with Adreno libs and finally - a flicker fix. Even if it basing on our github code - it's still not as up-to-date as our kernel. Believe me.

LOL, try that before you say ...
i modify your source on github ...
not pure on your source ..
and this kernel have test by my friend :D

Reactions: tioammar

marcin1147

Dec 29, 2011
I don't have to test it, because i know it haven't got "ICS stuff like: genlock, memalloc, kgsl, ksm, compatibility with Adreno libs and finally - a flicker fix". Okay, it's good because of many governors and IO scheulders but it's not as good for ICS as our kernel.

phiexz

Sep 24, 2011
Bandung~

why dont you update it??

tux-kid's

Oct 27, 2011
Makassar
I don't have to test it, because i know it haven't got "ICS stuff like: genlock, memalloc, kgsl, ksm, compatibility with Adreno libs and finally - a flicker fix". Okay, it's good because of many governors and IO scheulders but it's not as good for ICS as our kernel.
LOL up to you, me and my friend have tested this kernel and not found flicker ...

Reactions: tioammar
M

Macław

We'll update sources on github with next release, but I can't find any sense of this kernel.

tioammar

Nov 26, 2011
Makassar

i suggest you not to underestimate someone.. and never think that you're better than tuxkid.. i have tried this kernel.. i know yours is still better.. but this kernel is not bad.. besides he do all the stuff alone (maybe) ..

As long as i know.. CyanogenMod and Google itselfs let everyone to do everything with their source.. so why don't you all do the same thing? This Is Open Source dude.. no offence :D
i know it's up to you if you want to looking for some profit.. that's OK ..

last but least... Correct me if i'm wrong..

Reactions: Marco Lomas

phiexz

Sep 24, 2011
Bandung~
We'll update sources on github with next release, but I can't find any sense of this kernel.

So... Tell me how did you fixed flickering.

hmmm
basically IMHO, if you work on GPL project, anyone also can build it with your source.
my suggestion you should make a code to protect your rights.
ex:
- create a code with encrypted text (md5/sha/tr) to protect marcin@maclaw in middle of kernel code. so anyone cant replace it & claim your work easily.

and dont judge/blame anyone who want to try and learn about it

hmmm, but i also not 100% understand with GPL
CMIIW
lol

Last edited:
Reactions: diskopoprask

tux-kid's

Oct 27, 2011
Makassar
i suggest you not to underestimate someone.. and never think that you're better than tuxkid.. i have tried this kernel.. i know yours is still better.. but this kernel is not bad.. besides he do all the stuff alone (maybe) ..

As long as i know.. CyanogenMod and Google itselfs let everyone to do everything with their source.. so why don't you all do the same thing? This Is Open Source dude.. no offence :D

hmmm
basically IMHO, if you work on GPL project, anyone also can build it with your source.
my suggestion you should make a code to protect your rights.
ex:
- create a code with encrypted text (md5/sha/tr) to protect marcin@maclaw in middle of kernel code. so anyone cant replace it & claim your work easily.

hmmm, but i also not 100% understand with GPL
CMIIW
lol

LOL hehe, me too i'm not 100% understand with GPL ...

tux-kid's

Oct 27, 2011
Makassar

LOL, i modified this kernel alone but i get reference from tj_style and delano :p

aprizND

Dec 28, 2011
Tangerang City
Read please!

"CYANOGEN" SAID;
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device

"OPENHANDSET ALLIANCE(GOOGLE)" SAID;
ANDROID SYSTEM IS FREE, under APACHE ROLE'S. WHICH WHO MODIFIED, EVEN JUST "LITTLE" CHANGE WILL MADE IT AS THAT MODDERS OWN.
>> THATS WHY MODERATORS IN EVERY FORUM ALLOWED A STOCK TO MODIFIED AND ON DEVELOPMENT SECTION.

"LINUS TORVALD" AND ALL "UNIX" DISTRO SAID ; WE MAKE A NEW RULES FOR KERNEL WHICH IS "GPLv2" ,So FROM NOW ON WE "FORCE ALL DEVELOPERS" TO ALWAYS UPDATES THEIR "KERNEL SOURCE CODE" IF ANY CHANGE'S ARE MADE . TO PREVENT OF WRONG ARGUMENTATION OF OWNERING THE KERNEL. IF U SAY U "OWN IT" U MUST ALWAYS UPDATES SOURCECODE UNDER "CIRCUMSTANCES".

SO GUYS "START INTROSPECTION" FOR WHAT U DO ,!

Last edited:

tioammar

Nov 26, 2011
Makassar
"CYANOGEN" SAID;
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device

ANDROID SYSTEM IS FREE, under APACHE ROLE'S. WHICH WHO MODIFIED, EVEN JUST "LITTLE" CHANGE WILL MADE IT AS THAT MODDERS OWN.
>> THATS WHY MODERATORS IN EVERY FORUM ALLOWED A STOCK TO MODIFIED AND ON DEVELOPMENT SECTION.

"LINUS TORVALD" AND ALL "UNIX" DISTRO SAID ; WE MAKE A NEW RULES FOR KERNEL WHICH IS "GPLv2" ,So FROM NOW ON WE "FORCE ALL DEVELOPERS" TO ALWAYS UPDATES THEIR "KERNEL SOURCE CODE" IF ANY CHANGE'S ARE MADE . TO PREVENT OF WRONG ARGUMENTATION OF OWNERING THE KERNEL. IF U SAY U "OWN IT" U MUST ALWAYS UPDATES SOURCECODE UNDER "CIRCUMSTANCES".

AND BY THE WAY SAD TO SAY BUT, WHY CYANOGEN TEAM REMOVED THE "KANG" ?

>> ITS BECAUSE CM TEAM SURVEY, AND TOO MUCH PEOPLE MAKE IT CYANOGENMOD LIKE A "CLOSE SOURCE". AND BY THE WAY "STEVE KONDIK" CHOOSE LG OPTIMUS ONE TEAM(TEAM M.A.C) AS THE GOOD EXAMPLE OF BEING OPENSOURCE. AND FURTHER THEY GOT JOINED TO OFFICIAL CYANOGEN(MOD) TEAM.

EVEN INFACT IS THEY QUITE LOW ON UPDATING, BUT "THEY PROVE OPENSOURCE DEVELOPMENT IN RIGHTEOUS".

SORRY "SENIORS MOD'S & ADMIN" FOR THIS , BUT FOR NOW ITS NEEDED.

TUX BRO USE TE#MHACKS"NG JE DARI PADE INI.

NICE! you got the point bro :D ...
Thanks God I'm Indonesian.. semua orangnya berpikiran terbuka :D

tux-kid's

Oct 27, 2011
Makassar
"CYANOGEN" SAID;

AND BY THE WAY SAD TO SAY BUT, WHY CYANOGEN TEAM REMOVED THE "KANG" ?

>> ITS BECAUSE CM TEAM SURVEY, AND TOO MUCH PEOPLE MAKE IT CYANOGENMOD LIKE A "CLOSE SOURCE". AND BY THE WAY "STEVE KONDIK" CHOOSE LG OPTIMUS ONE TEAM(TEAM M.A.C) AS THE GOOD EXAMPLE OF BEING OPENSOURCE. AND FURTHER THEY GOT JOINED TO OFFICIAL CYANOGEN(MOD) TEAM.

EVEN INFACT IS THEY QUITE LOW ON UPDATING, BUT "THEY PROVE OPENSOURCE DEVELOPMENT IN RIGHTEOUS".

SORRY "SENIORS MOD'S & ADMIN" FOR THIS , BUT FOR NOW ITS NEEDED.

TUX BRO USE TE#MHACKS"NG JE DARI PADE INI.

LOL thank's a lot for information ..
wkwkwkw sip2 om lain kali ane ambil source dari TE#MHACKS"NG ... :D

M

Macław

Guys, stop spamming.

1. I'll update my sources, but with next release, it needs some changes.
2. I still cannot find any sense of making kernels like that.
3. PLEASE, DO NOT REPORT ANY PROBLEMS WITH CM9 IF YOU AREN'T USING ANY OTHER KERNEL THAN ONE DEVELOPED BY US!

Why I didn't updated my sources from a long time?
Say thanks to all guys, who used my sources. They was use it without any word like: "It built using GalaxyICS sources" or something like that. I was be very angry, and this is cause of closed GalaxyICS sources. It really hurts when somebody using your sources and he not adding adnotation about that.
I hope you can understand me.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

why dont you update it??
    Read please!

"CYANOGEN" SAID;

Thread is being looked into, closed for now.