Aftermarket Warranty

Search This thread

slhmtb

Nov 23, 2008
Did anyone else find it strange that Asus was not listed as one of the manufactures on SquareTrade (while filling in your device details)? I originally selected "Other" and keyed in Asus Transformer Pad Infinity or something like that, but it didn't like that. Ended up selecting "epad" - now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have done that? I don't want any future claims to be denied becuase I selected the wrong info...

Maybe I'll email them and see what they say...

I thought that was dumb that Asus wasn't listed. I tried Other but the form submission kept failing. I sent them an email about it.

gutts10

Jan 6, 2012
What's the deal unlocking our device and the square trade warranty. Does it void the square trade warranty? If so then how do they verify it is unlocked?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

Eroc162

Jan 19, 2008
I bought my tf700 from a retailer on eBay from Maryland who offered the squaretrade warranty. The warranty was for an Asus Infinity TF700. I got the return email from Squaretrade and its in my account with my other warranties.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Darnell_Chat_TN

Nov 29, 2008
Chattanooga, TN
Google Pixel 4 XL
Did anyone else find it strange that Asus was not listed as one of the manufactures on SquareTrade (while filling in your device details)? I originally selected "Other" and keyed in Asus Transformer Pad Infinity or something like that, but it didn't like that. Ended up selecting "epad" - now I'm wondering if I shouldn't have done that? I don't want any future claims to be denied becuase I selected the wrong info...

Maybe I'll email them and see what they say...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

I thought that was dumb that Asus wasn't listed. I tried Other but the form submission kept failing. I sent them an email about it.

Yes, you both should and let us know.

What's the deal unlocking our device and the square trade warranty. Does it void the square trade warranty? If so then how do they verify it is unlocked?

For all we know, Squaretrade may work with OEMs on repairs. I would think you'd want to avoid anything that would typically void you warranty with Asus. I doubt if you ask Squaretrade that they'd say they're OK with unlocking the bootloader.

junrider

Jan 10, 2012
Epad is not a manufacturer. When i filled my information i chose other and typed what kind of tablet it was.

Reactions: Darnell_Chat_TN

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
Epad is not a manufacturer. When i filled my information i chose other and typed what kind of tablet it was.

I tried selecting Other and keying in the tablet name/model but it wouldn't accept it - that's when I selected "ePad" as the tablet type... Hopefully, it doesn't matter - they have the serial number so that should do it, but why the hell is Asus missing from the manufacturer list to begin with - that's my question! I'll email them today about it...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

junrider

Jan 10, 2012
You can cancel your warranty from Square trade and get a full refund if bought within 30 days. I just called to cancel my warranty and they gave me a full refund and I asked them for a new 30% code to use on the tablet coming in next week. Nice..

slhmtb

Nov 23, 2008
I got a response from my email about why Asus isn't listed. He said they are updating their website, blah, blah blah and that I could send my model and serial number to him directly.

Jettubby

May 24, 2011
Charlotte, NC
I'm looking to buy a warranty from Squaretrade for my TF700T. If anyone else had a discount code please pm me. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Jepod

Jan 13, 2011
Orem, Utah
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Quick note about SquareTrade warranties... I recently bought a 2 year with accidental for both my wife's TF300 and my TF700, both devices had been purchased at my local BestBuy. At the time I was unaware of the code discounts mentioned in this thread so when I saw the discounted rates on Amazon, I bought both warranties there. It just so happened that my wife broke her tablet the very next day. I called SquareTrade to file a claim and they asked if I could forward the Amazon order receipt for the tablet to them. I explained that I didn't buy the tablet on Amazon, I bought it from BestBuy. Apparently that's a no-no... you can only buy the warranty from the same place you bought the tablet or directly from SquareTrade. The nice lady on the phone was kind enough to work with me in cancelling my two (Amazon purchased) warranties for a full refund and gladly applied discounts to the two new SquareTrade purchased warranties. Now the warranties are valid and I am sending my wife's TF300 in tomorrow to get fixed/replaced.

Overall, I am sold on the idea of SquareTrade. I will likely be using them for my future electronic extended warranty needs.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

Reactions: junrider

ImYoungxD

Jul 29, 2012
I have a 30% coupon for today, 20% if not used today. First PM gets it. Must have over 20 posts. I don't give stuff to lurkers.

Given awayy

Last edited:
Reactions: gutts10

junrider

Jan 10, 2012
Quick note about SquareTrade warranties... I recently bought a 2 year with accidental for both my wife's TF300 and my TF700, both devices had been purchased at my local BestBuy. At the time I was unaware of the code discounts mentioned in this thread so when I saw the discounted rates on Amazon, I bought both warranties there. It just so happened that my wife broke her tablet the very next day. I called SquareTrade to file a claim and they asked if I could forward the Amazon order receipt for the tablet to them. I explained that I didn't buy the tablet on Amazon, I bought it from BestBuy. Apparently that's a no-no... you can only buy the warranty from the same place you bought the tablet or directly from SquareTrade. The nice lady on the phone was kind enough to work with me in cancelling my two (Amazon purchased) warranties for a full refund and gladly applied discounts to the two new SquareTrade purchased warranties. Now the warranties are valid and I am sending my wife's TF300 in tomorrow to get fixed/replaced.

Overall, I am sold on the idea of SquareTrade. I will likely be using them for my future electronic extended warranty needs.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

Thanks for the Heads up. Would that be the same on ebay square trade warranties? They should put a disclaimer on the top that the warranty is only good for amazon bought items.

eduardmc

Sep 18, 2007
My first infinity had glass separation, scratch, glue residual. Went to bestbuy and told to myself that i would not leave without the perfect prime. asked for an exchange, when i opened it up it has frame blemished and scratches. Ask to give me another one cause i opened it in from of them and saw all the defect. They argue that all of them look like that, i told them that i want another one or else :good:. They gave me another one and this one is 100% perfect.

Should i by squaretrade now or wait until the 30days bestbuy exchange?

ImYoungxD

Jul 29, 2012
My first infinity had glass separation, scratch, glue residual. Went to bestbuy and told to myself that i would not leave without the perfect prime. asked for an exchange, when i opened it up it has frame blemished and scratches. Ask to give me another one cause i opened it in from of them and saw all the defect. They argue that all of them look like that, i told them that i want another one or else :good:. They gave me another one and this one is 100% perfect.

Should i by squaretrade now or wait until the 30days bestbuy exchange?

Squaretrade gives 90 days for purchases other than ebay (30 days) to get a warranty. Once you buy that warranty, your warranty starts on that day. Might as well wait until 80-89 days to purchase the warranty so you can get extra 3 months of warranty.

"There's no pressure to buy a SquareTrade Care Plan. We give up at least 30 days to buy, and up to 90 days on any store-bought item."
Source: Squaretrade

Last edited:

houtx2

Sep 16, 2011
Houston
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Squaretrade gives 90 days for purchases other than ebay (30 days) to get a warranty. Once you buy that warranty, your warranty starts on that day. Might as well wait until 80-89 days to purchase the warranty so you can get extra 3 months of warranty.

"There's no pressure to buy a SquareTrade Care Plan. We give up at least 30 days to buy, and up to 90 days on any store-bought item."
Source: Squaretrade

I just bought the warranty yesterday. It starts at date of purchase (of the tablet).

Top Liked Posts