Search This thread
T

Tquetski

Shendu OS
// Samsung Exhibit II
// Android 4.1.2

Screenshot_2013_05_25_01_22_50.png

Attention
Always do a backup before flashing, responsibility lies with the operator of the device ultimately

Features
This is a MIUI-type rom from China, It has features that mimic MIUI but does not have the lag present in MIUIv5..

Props to:
TheAPANT
Tim1928

Known Issues
- LED lights broken (BLN kernel, we have none)
- Some Stray Chinese

Instructions
Do a full wipe and install via the usual method in CWM or touch recovery, whichever you use

Download
6/1/13: Shendu OS 4.1.2
TheAPANT Source build
G-Apps are not included

Special Thx
Specifically every person here that does work on the Exhibit, from developing to just making constructive posts!
Huge huge huge thanks to ALL our resident source builders.
Props to ShenduOS, good MIUI clone..

Last edited:
T

Tquetski

Notes
This is a really cool rom, It has a lot of charm and is not resource hungry; It feels like MIUI and the apps have been modified to feel like MIUIs apps.

This is the first release, as such I expect some things may be buggy & some things may outright now work, feedback is needed :D

If any devs can help iron out bugs please let me know

Last edited:
T

Tquetski

thanks fro this........any idea whether i can load miui ie mtz themes.....u awesome

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

few issues identified, cant get root access, settings fcing,

I don't have any problems with root, and experience no force-quit in settings but this is an early preview release, this is a fairly new contender to the world of stylish roms and as such a lot of the localization just isn't right either.

Themes like this come close but still aren't 'quite right' , but give an example of what can be done here
shendu8.jpg

The font, and some chinese inside the apks need to be reworked but a few people are doing work on this rom right now so we'll see how things play out with it

T

Tquetski

DL link is back up, source'd by APANT, all issues have been resolved except LED lights which is kernel related and something nobody can do anything about

maclick245

Feb 3, 2010
themes!

any i dea how i can load themes here? the theme manager doesnt scan through themes on sd or internal memory.....thnx

pankaj2000

Jan 8, 2010
Working Google Voice

FYI. Who wants to try this ROM, Google Voice Working flawless.
And Battery life is very good.

Jaws4God

May 30, 2009
North Carolina
Known Issues
- Some Stray Chinese

lol.. understatement... LOL.. I saw it all over the place.. LOL

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

I was excited about trying it but didnt get far without a default keyboard? It expected me to voice enter everything. Looking forward to future updates..

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Jaws4God

May 30, 2009
North Carolina
I flashed the xperia keyboard and that is working great.. Just trying to figure out themes.. So far i like the ROM.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

The more i use this the more i like this rom! Am i able to use daydream?

schuylkillparanormal

Mar 10, 2013
I flashed the xperia keyboard and that is working great.. Just trying to figure out themes.. So far i like the ROM.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

The more i use this the more i like this rom! Am i able to use daydream?

I believe daydream and photosphere was a 4.2 feature and 4.3 will have focal which will have photosphere for older devices once cm works out all the bugs

Jaws4God

May 30, 2009
North Carolina
Does this rom come.with the 4.1 camera?

I just miss the quick way to go to gallery from camera..

Jaws4God

May 30, 2009
North Carolina
What is it about this ROM that you like? I'm curious. Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry it took so long to respond... just wanted to get to my computer to type out this response instead of doing it on the phone.

The main reason for me to try this ROM is that I like change.. I enjoy setting up new features, new looks.. and it makes me feel like a new phone. But to answer your question.

In general I love MIUI because of the ability to customize the different aspects of the phone. I could change the lockscreen, sms, notification bar, icons, very easily with MIUI.

I also love the simplicity.. this rom has all of the apps on the homescreens.. (like iphone) which is nice for me because I could never decide what to put on my homescreen.. or how many to have.. or what widgets to run.. LOL

But the features I love so far about this MIUI

1. Runs fast.. It doesn't seem to bog down like AOIP did once you get all of the features.
2. Missed Notifications- The icons tell you the notifications (missed calls.. SMS etc..)
3. I love the incoming call screen.. shows a small icon and I can scroll left and right... AOIP it wouldn't show you how to answer until you hit the button.
4. Battery Life, I haven't tested this yet.. but so far it seems to be a lot better on my battery.. and I haven't even downloaded the greenify app to try and suppress everything.
5. Simple.. It doesn't have all of the features that I don't use... Halo, Notification Bar, Quick Apps, PIE etc...
6. Google Now runs MUCH faster and better.

What I do miss...
1. The status bar brightness scroll ... on MIUI I have to do the dropdown and jump over to the widget icons to change the brightness
2. The hardkey edit.. I loved on AOIP I could set the back key to turn off my screen.
3. Customizable MMS.. I was able to change the bubbles, background... colors... to whatever I wanted.

**Please note**, this version is still a work in progress... I haven't found out how to do the themes (which was a big reason I wanted MIUI)..
There is still some Chinese characters.. (on status bar on the notification widget... on the calendar...)
I had to find and flash a default keyboard..
The camera is the old style.. so right now i'm running 4.3 camera.. which works great except for recording with the front camera...

But overall i'm very happy with it and excited to see how it does on battery for the next few days and also see any updates the devs have for this MIUI.

Hope this answers your question... let me know if you have any more questions.

Reactions: wrusry

schuylkillparanormal

Mar 10, 2013
I'm sorry it took so long to respond... just wanted to get to my computer to type out this response instead of doing it on the phone.

The main reason for me to try this ROM is that I like change.. I enjoy setting up new features, new looks.. and it makes me feel like a new phone. But to answer your question.

In general I love MIUI because of the ability to customize the different aspects of the phone. I could change the lockscreen, sms, notification bar, icons, very easily with MIUI.

I also love the simplicity.. this rom has all of the apps on the homescreens.. (like iphone) which is nice for me because I could never decide what to put on my homescreen.. or how many to have.. or what widgets to run.. LOL

1. Runs fast.. It doesn't seem to bog down like AOIP did once you get all of the features.
2. Missed Notifications- The icons tell you the notifications (missed calls.. SMS etc..)
3. I love the incoming call screen.. shows a small icon and I can scroll left and right... AOIP it wouldn't show you how to answer until you hit the button.
4. Battery Life, I haven't tested this yet.. but so far it seems to be a lot better on my battery.. and I haven't even downloaded the greenify app to try and suppress everything.
5. Simple.. It doesn't have all of the features that I don't use... Halo, Notification Bar, Quick Apps, PIE etc...

What I do miss...
1. The status bar brightness scroll ... on MIUI I have to do the dropdown and jump over to the widget icons to change the brightness
2. The hardkey edit.. I loved on AOIP I could set the back key to turn off my screen.
3. Customizable MMS.. I was able to change the bubbles, background... colors... to whatever I wanted.

**Please note**, this version is still a work in progress... I haven't found out how to do the themes (which was a big reason I wanted MIUI)..
There is still some Chinese characters.. (on status bar on the notification widget... on the calendar...)
The camera is the old style.. so right now i'm running 4.3 camera.. which works great except for recording with the front camera...

But overall i'm very happy with it and excited to see how it does on battery for the next few days and also see any updates the devs have for this MIUI.

4.1 is always going to be better because it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that 4.2 has. Its like putting windows 8 in a Mac if your able to get it to run its going to misbehave just for the sure fact it wasn't never met to be. Plus most of 4.2 problems are kernel and hardware related.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaws4God

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just tried this one, too. Nice rom. Doesn't use too much space. I didn't get to try the battery life, though. I was trying to download the Play Store, so I could get a file manager to upload some apps I had saved on my SD card, but it was all in Chinese. I really like the look and feel of the app and it was working better for me than AOIP, but I need to be able to read what I'm doing. I am a noob, after all... :)

You should flash gapps (google apps). It will have the playstore and then you can download a keyboard such as google keyboard. Download and flash the CM10 version of gapps: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Gapps which is for 4.1.2 (which is what Shendu is).
    Thanks. I have a jb gapps, already. Can I flash gapps and the rom at the same time? I have seen conflicting reports on this question. If I can flash Shendu and then flash gapps, so i can get my apps back, we should be good (gotta have my bank apps and sudoku). I can endure the chinese, for the most part.

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

I flashed the rom and gapps at the same time. Everything seems copacetic. I do wonder, though, about the contact list. if you type in a name, after you hit the first letter, some letters get grayed out, meaning you can't type them. I know, for sure, I have contacts with names with that spelling. i can't type in those names? My wife is one, so i kinda need to be able to write her name... and the keyboard is horrible. i can't enter my login information for facebook except by spoken word, which it does not understand. there is no keyboard option, that i can find.

You should download another keyboard from the playstore. I downloaded google keyboard (It's the 4.2.2 keyboard). Yes, the contacts thing is strange. You don't have to use their on-screen keyboard. I went ahead and downloaded another dialer/contacts (Rocket dialer). So, I use Rocket contacts instead of the built-in one.

Since you are new to all this, CM10 might be a safer choice. I have my wife and son using CM10 while l explore other possibilities.
    What is it about this ROM that you like? I'm curious. Thanks in advance.

What I do miss...

What I do miss...

4.1 is always going to be better because it doesn't have all the bells and whistles that 4.2 has. Its like putting windows 8 in a Mac if your able to get it to run its going to misbehave just for the sure fact it wasn't never met to be. Plus most of 4.2 problems are kernel and hardware related.
    I'm not sure if this helps or not. But I noticed the LED lights (home, back, menu and search) light up when I adjust the brightness...

Try Tims 3.0 kernel