[GB Firmwares] XWJVN, DDJV9, XWJVK, XXJVQ, RSJV3 and more [Download]

Search This thread

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
I want to reflash the original JVK modem back onto my SGS to see if it will kick my GPS back into action (as it will not lock), but I'm uncertain which file. I'm guessing it's the file called PHONE_XXJVK is that right?

If it doesn't I might have to try others like JVE, so where are people getting their files from?

Apart from the GPS I'm extremely happy with this release.

Here are my two favourite modems:

http://db.tt/sMvERqL
http://db.tt/9XOeW8B

And this is the plumbob gps fix. Look it up in xda. This worked for me but please note it can't easily be undone if it doesn't work for you so only use if you make a complete backup in recovery first.

http://db.tt/ZpHSlo3

Stock XXJVK, Voodoo GB hack Kernel, JQ1 modem

bremkins

Dec 20, 2010
Cracow
To those who want change their modem, but aren't allowed to install it through CWM Recovery:

Change your Kernel to another one (I used darky10kernel) flashing it with Odin (as PDA file). Remember the kernel must be .tar extension.

Then you can easily install any .zip file through CWM Recovery.

After that, you can flash your old kernel back.

ashatron

Mar 12, 2011
so whats the general impression on stability of this release?
and have any of you converted the file system to ext2/4? is there any need to do so?

Last edited:

bremkins

Dec 20, 2010
Cracow
It's much better comparing to Froyo in terms of speed/smoothness.

Just found few bugs (some users experience this, some don't) like:

- laggy gallery. You solve this by uninstalling the stock gallery and installing the one from market (which is the same).

- Battery life seems decreased comparing to Froyo.

Other than that - ROM is excellent. I say YES.

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
It's much better comparing to Froyo in terms of speed/smoothness.

Just found few bugs (some users experience this, some don't) like:

- laggy gallery. You solve this by uninstalling the stock gallery and installing the one from market (which is the same).

- Battery life seems decreased comparing to Froyo.

Other than that - ROM is excellent. I say YES.

Haven't noticed the gallery thing, but I've seen others mention battery life is less. I wonder wth you did, battery life on JVK is 2-3x as long on JVK as it was on JPY for me - yes, battery life is "WTF?!" long for me. It almost outlasts my Tab which has a battery more than twice as big!

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
Haven't noticed the gallery thing, but I've seen others mention battery life is less. I wonder wth you did, battery life on JVK is 2-3x as long on JVK as it was on JPY for me - yes, battery life is "WTF?!" long for me. It almost outlasts my Tab which has a battery more than twice as big!

Agreed great battery life! But I only got to enjoy this after manually deleting battery stats file while at 100% charge using root explorer. Recovery script didn't work deleting for some reason.

Also on jq1 modem which helps too

Necrolust

Jul 27, 2010
Auckland
I can attest to the battery life, its amazing!

Almost double what I've had on any other firmware, JPY, JPU, JS3 and JS8

EDIT: Which is why I'm sticking with JVK over what I previously had (Doc's JS8 + Hardcore kernel with EXT4 applied).

rlorange

Nov 5, 2010
Melbourne
wifi sucks,
should be the same as with JVE one thinks, both return:

but

with JVE i have 54 Mbps and good signal streanght
with JVK it is more likley 18/24 Mbps and a weak signal streanght

More going on than just the modem with Wifi? What about hardcore's jpy Wifi bug fix?

jbdroid

Nov 6, 2010
Yokohama

It was the opposite for me though, with JPY my battery could last 100hours. In JVK it gets me 3 days. Don't get me wrong, wifi is on all day, I listen to music everyday, surf the net, on the Market all the time, play a couple of games, but didn't use it to call and text as I was on roaming at that time.

Oh yeah, on the first day of running JVK, my battery didnt last a day, now I am on the 5th cycle and the battery is getting better. I hope by the 7th cycle it will last for 4 days, though I am not optimistic as I just unlocked it and now using local sim, so more calls and text by the day.

Attachments

• SC20110310-144552.jpg
    SC20110310-144552.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 212
  • SC20110311-101545.jpg
    SC20110311-101545.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 197

Top Liked Posts