[App/Kernel-Tool] - DevilTools 14/12/2013

Search This thread

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
I do not have these issues!

Sent from my forever getting older Galaxy S3 (AVS2). Long live the original Galaxy S :)

aegeuss

Jan 20, 2008
Ankara
Dear derteufel1980,

Thanks for this app but I have two questions.
1. I cannot find the option to change the screen mode here.
2. What's the idea behind vibration intensity in the startup tab?
Regards.

nfsmw_gr

Dec 25, 2010
Salamina,Greece
www.facebook.com
Read the post above yours...

Q. Any plans to....
A. Yes...

So obviously there will be updates coming. It would be against forum rules to ask when though

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I've read the last two pages.
I've asked him about a specific function of devil tools in his kernel thread a couple of days ago but he didn't mention whether he'll include it or not that's why i asked.
Anyway, there's nothing to discuss here.

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
If you would like a specific feature in devil tools, request it here. This is the thread. But don't ask questions that are against the rules. You can see from the post above yours that there will be future updates

tork0112

Jun 6, 2013
The tabs for GPU Voltage, Audio, and Setting all force close the app. Other than those, the app works fine.

Please help

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

Anyone figure out why it does that and if there is a fix? Sucks only having ½ use of the app and kernel.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

Gaba90

Apr 4, 2011
i cant get the app installed on my phone, package installer opens but i cant tap install (it isn´t greyed out or anything), there is just no reaction, but tapping cancel works.. really weird

edit: just noticed that every apk doesnt work for me oO suggestions ?? im on jellybam.. it definitely worked before

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
i cant get the app installed on my phone, package installer opens but i cant tap install (it isn´t greyed out or anything), there is just no reaction, but tapping cancel works.. really weird

edit: just noticed that every apk doesnt work for me oO suggestions ?? im on jellybam.. it definitely worked before

Disable Halo. Install app. Enable Halo. Known issue on multiple roms

Reactions: Gaba90

habylab

Dec 3, 2010
Can the original ns tools be used instead?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

aaronsclee

Dec 1, 2011
Sydney
Has development stopped? I hope not, cos I liked where this was heading. Anyway, here are some bugs from N7105ZHDMD2 and Devil-t0lte-DUAL-0.23.1_20130626.zip.
  • The ‘Speaker Amplification Offset’ button disappears upon changing its value and reappears after rebooting.
  • Make the page heading center (as opposed to align left) (this makes it easier to navigate imo, and is the standard)
  • Settings persist through reboots, but periodically reset when the phone’s on.
  • Sometimes, when the governor’s changed, pressing a hardware button or exiting the app is required to execute the change.
Edit: The above also happens with Devil-t0lte-DUAL-0.25.0_20130704.zip.
Also it'd be nice if there were some more features such as:
  • Read Ahead Buffer Size control
  • Screen settings
as in Trickster Mod.
Thanks for all your hard work!​

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since i wasn't satisfied with the performance of STweaks, and the features of TricksterMod (keep settings after kernel flash, ...), I have decided to use my own app to control the kernel features.

Although this app was designed with my own kernel in mind, it is working on all kernels, and only displaying the options, which are available. Because i don't know all available features, there are some missing in this app. Please feel free to post in this thread, to request adding new features (please tell me which kernel is using the feature).

please consider this app as a preview, as it is also still missing some of my own kernel options (I'll add them soon).

Changelog:
    + fixed cpu/gpu voltage settings

+ added zswap setting
    + added more mdnie settings
    + fixed a bug related to seekbars with possibly negative values (on hitting ok without changing anything the value gets displayed correctly now)
    + fixed crash on devices without gpu control

03.12.2013 (1.0.7, also including some previous changes):
    + added some more options to control hardware keys backlight
    + fixed a bug in audio settings, which made seekbar disappear
    + fixed gpu control (gpu speed, gpu voltage and thresholds are sticking now)
    + applied a fix to zram settings (by Bradley)

23.10.2013 (version 0.95):
    + added support for switching light/dark theme (thx to stratosk for idea and most parts of code)
    + added support for voodoo_sound

20.10.2013 (version 0.94):
    + rellay fix fc!? by adding missing string :p

20.10.2013 (version 0.91):
    + delete "old" settings file, to prevent fc by reading from it (variable type changend...)
    to prevent loss of any setting, you can save your old profile, and then load it in the new version

20.10.2013 (version 0.90):
    + it translations (thx to astrone)
    + big rework of settings structure (i hope there are no empty tabs left anymore)
    + added zram settings (zram size in % of total availbale ram, total size automatically gets splitted according to available zram devices, no reboot required (just hit apply))
    + added settings to change swappiness value
    + fixed values not sticking after reboot
    + fixed seekbar values going above/below limit by pressing + or - buttons
    + fixed some typos
    + smdk4412 only: added basic color settings

+ removed non working init.d option
    + added touchkey backlight control (smdk4412 devices)

10.08.2013 (version 0.72):
    - fixed led settings (didn't change anything, also needs kernel update)
    - added option to choose idle mode (cpu tab)
    - fixed reboot option not showing on second rom

09.08.2013 (version 0.71):
    - added "reboot primary/secondary rom" (this does not perform the reboot, just tells the kernel which to boot next)
    - added support for led control (yank555's implementation)
    - fixed some audio settings disappearing if set to negative value
    - fixed crashes on kernels with different sound mod (tested the app on i9000, guess it also should not crash on any other kernel anymore)
    - fixed layout in cpu tab

15.05.2013:
    - fixed some typos
    - fixed equelizer settings
    - fixed appliying of vibration intensity
    - fixed? gpu voltage (couldn't test this myself, as it was always working for me)

many thanks to arifhn, as i am using his great NsTools (nexus s), as base for this app.
    Sorry, I was coming back home too late to fix everything I wanted to. I'll update app and kernel tomorrow

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk 2
    voltage settings fixed now
    Update :)

Gesendet von meinem GT-N7105 mit Tapatalk 2
    first small update online now