CM6 old thread. CM6 is now managed by Owain94, go to his thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

owain94

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
it seems wifi fixed and keyboard is working! what else is remaining? ahh can anyone tell that hotspot can be created or not? now we need USB mounting to work on and ofcourse camera+flash and last App2SD partition and seems xrecovery working!! from the progress it seems that we'll lauch the full working ROM on 20th Feb!!

App2SD should not be hard...
But why would we need that froyo has App2SD cooked
Xrecovery is ****ing up mikes and my phone when we change the 1 into a 0
Camera and flash is a pain in the ass :p
And offcourse the keyboard backlight wich is a pain in the ass also coz SE did it their way and i cant figure out how :(

Sent from my U20i using XDA App

newtron_b1

Dec 14, 2010
PUNE
App2SD should not be hard...
But why would we need that froyo has App2SD cooked
Xrecovery is ****ing up mike and my phone when we chenge the 1 into a 0
Camera and flash is a pain in the ass :p

that's what i ask mike abt App2sd! yes!! we need to fix the headphone port i think its not working and the sound keys!! about camera+flash i don't know anything! it'll take almost a week i think!

owain94

Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
that's what i ask mike abt App2sd! yes!! we need to fix the headphone port i think its not working and the sound keys!! about camera+flash i don't know anything! it'll take almost a week i think!

When i get home will look at the headphone port i think its just a couple files to replace sounds keys will look into that i think its in the keyboard files
So that will not hard to fix either

To make my story short easy to fix will look into it when i am at home and i will upload 3.0 when i get home with wifi fix and full keyboard mapped

CzarDm

Nov 20, 2008
it seems wifi fixed and keyboard is working! what else is remaining? ahh can anyone tell that hotspot can be created or not? now we need USB mounting to work on and ofcourse camera+flash and last App2SD partition and seems xrecovery working!! from the progress it seems that we'll lauch the full working ROM on 20th Feb!!

This is fantastic. Mike just had this eureka moment and it has gained so much momentum in such a short period of time. Great job guys! Really excited! I will def donate to this project!

owain94

Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
Donate to J and Z or to cyanogen its their work we are editing xD

ambrosiosanchez

Sep 29, 2010
Xrecovery is ****ing up mikes and my phone when we change the 1 into a 0

I don't want to insist too much, but mine is working perfectly with that change. I've gone back to the original CM rom by mike and repeated the change, and it worked fine again. In fact, event1 is what z's xrecovery has for the mini, and event0 for the mini pro. So event1 is not recieved in the mini pro (at least by clicking the back key) and it does not start xrecovery.

The line I changed says
cat /dev/input/event1 > /dev/keycheck&
and then
if [ -s /dev/keycheck ]
then ... < boot into xrecovery >

So by making that change (0 instead of 1) phone should boot exactly as before if you do not press any key during the boot process. But you say that your phone is not booting. Maybe you are not keeping chargemon's permissions as an executable?
I did it editing the file through root explorer which creates a backup and does not change permisions.

owain94

Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
I will try it again when i am at home dont doing it now scared that my phone wont boot rest of the day :p

amey2606

Jan 10, 2010
Navi Mumbai
Great Job !!!!!

Great Job guys. :)
I am using this ROM since last 2 days and following its progress.
Its really super fast. :cool:
Just tell us if you need to do any testing or if you need any files.
Keep it up :D :D
Waiting for the AOSP build.

newtron_b1

Dec 14, 2010
PUNE
When i get home will look at the headphone port i think its just a couple files to replace sounds keys will look into that i think its in the keyboard files
So that will not hard to fix either

To make my story short easy to fix will look into it when i am at home and i will upload 3.0 when i get home with wifi fix and full keyboard mapped

then only camera+flash will be remaining!! hope you do it as i think the mini port has it working!! we'll have a lunch party when this thing will be launched!!! :p

Edit: no that mini port has wifi working not the camera

Last edited:

newtron_b1

Dec 14, 2010
PUNE
Great Job guys. :)
I am using this ROM since last 2 days and following its progress.
Its really super fast. :cool:
Just tell us if you need to do any testing or if you need any files.
Keep it up :D :D
Waiting for the AOSP build.

i m working on AOSP i totally have no clue what i m doin or think to do! confused between froyo and gingy!! hope this thing will work!

iFede

Dec 12, 2010
fenicogeek.altervista.org
i can't wait!!!
nervoso.gif

Last edited:

owain94

Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
I don't want to insist too much, but mine is working perfectly with that change. I've gone back to the original CM rom by mike and repeated the change, and it worked fine again. In fact, event1 is what z's xrecovery has for the mini, and event0 for the mini pro. So event1 is not recieved in the mini pro (at least by clicking the back key) and it does not start xrecovery.

The line I changed says
cat /dev/input/event1 > /dev/keycheck&
and then
if [ -s /dev/keycheck ]
then ... < boot into xrecovery >

So by making that change (0 instead of 1) phone should boot exactly as before if you do not press any key during the boot process. But you say that your phone is not booting. Maybe you are not keeping chargemon's permissions as an executable?
I did it editing the file through root explorer which creates a backup and does not change permisions.

gives me all force closes and no option to usb debugging and cant get into xrecovery so i need to reflash again...

owain94

Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
Wifi fixed - thanks wiilweer
keyboard fully mapped
and added some video codecs

bugs:
USB mounting
Headjack detecting
Mediavolume
xrecovery chargemon for some of us
App2sd there is a workaround
Camera + Flash

Last edited:
Reactions: thwmax

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
http://www.mediafire.com/?47i3mjyi4x51gg4

v3.0 is up!!! Wifi fixed - thanks wiilweer
keyboard fully mapped
and added some video codecs

bugs:
USB mounting
Headjack detecting
Mediavolume
xrecovery chargemon for some of us
App2sd seems to be fixed between now and a couple hours since someone made i fix i hear
Camera + Flash

can someone with App2SD with ext2,3,4 partition test this init.rc
you need to rename it to init.rc its called init.txt now, push it to "/" and then reboot go to settings -> sd -> mount sd

lets hope it will work

All init* are destroyed when the rom is booted and the ones from the ramdisk are extracted, so this is a tempfix, to fix it it has to be included inside the ramdisk.tar

Also I wouldn't like to call this 3.0 yet since my requirements for 3 are working xrecovery and ability to flash through an update.zip. 4.0 should be a stock build from the CM repo

But awesome job you're doing buddy! I think you've worked more on the rom than I did! :p

Reactions: vlissine

owain94

Sep 21, 2010
The Hague
All init* are destroyed when the rom is booted and the ones from the ramdisk are extracted, so this is a tempfix, to fix it it has to be included inside the ramdisk.tar

Also I wouldn't like to call this 3.0 yet since my requirements for 3 are working xrecovery and ability to flash through an update.zip. 4.0 should be a stock build from the CM repo

But awesome job you're doing buddy! I think you've worked more on the rom than I did! :p

about that init damn i didn't know that shame on me!

the workaround for app2sd is then

adb shell
mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sdcard/
then go in settings to sd en click on mount sd

ahhh sorry mike i didn't know you reqs :p download update zip edit the build prop and i will delete the link from my post :)
just pm me when you include it in your first post :p

nah you did a hell lot of things :p

Last edited:

Moody

Dec 11, 2009
Arnhem
about that init damn i didn't know that shame on me!

the workaround for app2sd is then

adb shell
mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/sdcard/
then go in settings to sd en click on mount sd

ahhh sorry mike i didn't know you reqs :p download update zip edit the build prop and i will delete the link from my post :)
just pm me when you include it in your first post :p

nah you did a hell lot of things :p

It's included ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts