8th February 2013, 07:01 PM |#101  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 13,142

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erlucky

I'm interesting for your recovery.... but is for mtd or emmc partitions?

Doesn't matter... eMMC or MTD partitions are supported. The only thing you need to do is to adapt recovery.fstab to each specific case.

8th February 2013, 07:06 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgcngm

Doesn't matter... eMMC or MTD partitions are supported. The only thing you need to do is to adapt recovery.fstab to each specific case.

Ok good..... you are the best....

I can port for all my devices.

I send you PM.........

I have port the first recovery 6.0.1.5 for acer liquid gallant duo and later other port for acer z110.

I waiting link download for your recovery 6.0.2.8.

Bye
8th February 2013, 08:17 PM |#103  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More
Okay, here's CWM recovery v6.0.2.8 (ramdisk only) for anyone that wants to port it to MT65xx based devices. Please note that this ramdisk contains my Huawei U8836D specific files and properties, but it should at least be portable for the majority of MT6577 phones out there. Important note is that init.usb.rc (only needed for MT6577 devices) is device specific and while porting the original must be taken from stock boot.img.

Other than that, nandroid backup is fully working for devices with eMMC partitions, unlike other recoveries that get stuck while backing up boot partition.

Happy porting (and don't forget to hit "Thanks" button)!
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bgcngm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2013, 01:29 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:

Yesterday I have built CWM recovery 6.0.2.8 from sources (my latest compiled version was 6.0.1.2, the latest available for ICS branch), so if anyone wants I can share the ramdisk. As there are also some touch sources on github I am also trying to build a good CWM-Touch recovery.

Yes, I'm interesting in your ramdisk. I will try to port for my Umi X1 and my Amoi n821...
Thanks.
9th February 2013, 04:33 AM |#105  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,288

More
Re: [TUTS] [TOOLS] CWMR/ TWRP/ COT Recovery for MT657x
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuweng

First, you need to identify your device whether it is using mtd or emmc partition since yours is a MT6575... At adb shell -> cat /proc/mtd & cat /proc/dumchar_info or just refer to settings -> About phone either is Gingerbread 2.3.6 or ICS 4.0

i suspect yours is mtd then refer to here & download BakUpTool_MT657 5 _2.3_v2c_4GB_sdcard.rar

Or you can use this tut to uploading your recovery via SP Flash Tool...

Yuweng bro!

We got the kernel source of a110 - as another company releasing the same phone posted in on github!

I cloned them on to my linux and compiled the kernel.....varunchitre said he used a modified repack script of bruno martins.....he is currently off for 5 days due to exams.....so I can't get it from him currently..........anyways i'm going to try the same repacker......do you have any recommendations?
9th February 2013, 05:16 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,151

More
Quote:

Yesterday I have built CWM recovery 6.0.2.8 from sources (my latest compiled version was 6.0.1.2, the latest available for ICS branch), so if anyone wants I can share the ramdisk. As there are also some touch sources on github I am also trying to build a good CWM-Touch recovery.

Wow, that is indeed a great news, Master Shifu...

So far there are non DEVs compiles CWMR for our MT6577 SoC so i too have downloaded CM10.1 source code to learn to build it... it took 8 hours on my 5mb broadband to download it & after zipping it, it is close to 10GB in size... Just started to setup the build environment and those cli is really driving me crazy... Just to let the rest of you guys FEEL of setting up those build environment here...
So guys please thanks Master Shifu BM, now we don't have to compile it & we have cwmr 6.0.2.8 on our MT6577...

Eagerly awaits for your CWMR touch too, Master Shifu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by balamu96m

I cloned them on to my linux and compiled the kernel.....varunchitre said he used a modified repack script of bruno martins.....he is currently off for 5 days due to exams.....so I can't get it from him currently..........anyways i'm going to try the same repacker......do you have any recommendations?

Yeoh Bro, Wow, you too started to build then i could learn a trick or two from you...
i've tested JB boot/ recovery unpack/ repack, both Master Shifu BM & Master Shifu Michfood utils works great... in fact, one fellow xda member who pm me, provide links to latest MT6589 update.zip & the good news is that both utils is able to unpack/ repack it successfully too...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yuweng For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift yuweng Ad-Free
9th February 2013, 06:03 AM |#107  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1,288

More
Quote:

Yeoh Bro, Wow, you too started to build then i could learn a trick or two from you...
i've tested JB boot/ recovery unpack/ repack, both Master Shifu BM & Master Shifu Michfood utils works great...

in fact, one fellow xda member who pm me, provide links to latest MT6589 update.zip & the good news is that both utils is able to unpack/ repack it successfully too...

I'm not an expert or so bro! Just started......that too only kernel....! It doesn't require downloading 10GB source !! Its just some hundreds of MB !
9th February 2013, 01:27 PM |#108  

More
Hi all

I have ported new recovery cwm 6.0.2.8 for Acer Liquid Gallant Duo (emmc) and Acer Z110 (mtd) MTK6575 devices

Acer Liquid Gallant Duo Images ----> Here

Flashable Zip from old Recovery ----> Here

Acer Liquid Z110 Images ----> Here

Flashable Zip from old Recovery ----> Here

Big Thank to Bcgngm (Bruno Martins) for this recovery.

Bye
9th February 2013, 04:23 PM |#109  
Recognized Developer
Flag Lisbon

Donate to Me
More
Re: [TUTS] [TOOLS] CWMR/ TWRP/ COT Recovery for MT657x
Quote:
Originally Posted by erlucky

Big Thank to Bcgngm and Bruno Martins for this recovery.

Bruno Martins, that is me!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bgcngm For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2013, 08:28 PM |#110  

More
Quote:

Bruno Martins, that is me!

Hi Bruno

Sorry

Nice to meet you........

Big Thanks for your job, my port of your recovery for my devices is very good not bugs i think.

O.T.
But you can help me for setup device and vendor directory on cm10 (Acer Gallant Duo and Z110)?.
19th February 2013, 09:50 PM |#111  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Error running Linux script
Quote:

[...]
Since u r using Ubuntu & so eager to get recovery to backup both boot/ recovery.img, you can be my beta tester for my new script to port cwmr to *Any* MT6575/ 77 here...
Extract it to a folder, at terminal, go to that folder & just ./start...
Do let me know how it works out on ur MT6575...

Hi yuweng
You addressed these lines to another forum member, but please allow me to join the Ubuntu beta testers "army" .

As you know, I also wanted to port one of these nicer recoveries for my Haier W718 (MT6575) since the one that comes with this phone is very basic.
First I tried the Windows XP+Android Kitchen+cygwin way, but I got an error with the output and I thought I might as well try the Ubuntu option since I have it installed.
Unfortunately, I also came across an error:
Repacking recovery image...
Ramdisk size: 5314 blocks
Can't exec "mkbootimg": No such file or directory at repack-MT65xx.pl line 82.
But that executable file is indeed in the directory where the script is running, so I don't understand. I extracted it in the same folder where I have the Android Kitchen although I am not even sure this is relevant. Am I missing something?

Cheers,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
custom recovery, mt65xx, mtk, porting tool, recovery

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)