4th April 2012, 07:50 PM |#251  
Thanks Meter: 1,282

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberto.costanzo

hi is possible instrall this kernel in KQ8 ? thanks for reply

U mean KQB right? Nways, it should work on all GB roms

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to rayiskon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rayiskon Ad-Free

4th April 2012, 08:08 PM |#252  
Flag Venice Italy
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayiskon

U mean KQB right? Nways, it should work on all GB roms

but in kernell there is graphic driver i8500 in kq8 there is new driver for i9001? thanks
4th April 2012, 08:25 PM |#253  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by uberto.costanzo

but in kernell there is graphic driver i8500 in kq8 there is new driver for i9001? thanks

No in KQB (value pack) egl files are still the stock i9001. But it doesn't matter if u get the updated egl's with the kernel, both drivers work on KQB, i tried the i8150 files earlier and it worked normally.

The Following User Says Thank You to rayiskon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rayiskon Ad-Free
4th April 2012, 09:55 PM |#254  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 304

More
The egl driver's seem to be slightly changed in KQB ,
it runs perfect with sky high kernel.
4th April 2012, 10:23 PM |#255  
Flag Amersfoort
Thanks Meter: 416

More
If I want a custom bootanimation, do I have to rename sanim to bootanimation.zip? The OP says it..

5th April 2012, 04:36 PM |#256  
Flag Podgorica
Thanks Meter: 215

More
I installed kernel, and for now it works fine and i think smoother. It works faster than it was, and about battery, well its too early to speak on that... but i will give feedback.

Also i have 1 question, since i saw a value pack for our phone, is it safe to flash the value pack over this kernel, since im unsure what changes does it bring.

OR i should restore the stock nand, install the value pack, and then install your kernel over all of it ?
5th April 2012, 04:41 PM |#257  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b02

is it safe to flash the value pack over this kernel, since im unsure what changes does it bring.

OR i should restore the stock nand, install the value pack, and then install your kernel over all of it ?

u know that old saying "y would u do it simple when u can complicate it" ? well u're doing it :P
just flash the value pack after a full wipe, and flash skyhigh over. (keep in mind if u're flashing the skyhigh package as it is , u will replace the stock KQB egl files).
5th April 2012, 05:08 PM |#258  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 641

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorisNL

If I want a custom bootanimation, do I have to rename sanim to bootanimation.zip? The OP says it..

Well, that's one possibility.

Or replace /bin/bootanimation with another version that looks for sanim.zip (e.g that from FeaMod V1.4) like in broodROM.
5th April 2012, 06:26 PM |#259  
Account currently disabled
Flag Tîrgu Mureş
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Changelog for 1.4b ? i mean, only sdcard issues ? if so, i don't need to update it, since i don't have an external sdcard.
5th April 2012, 06:37 PM |#260  
Flag Brasov
Thanks Meter: 513

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b02

I installed kernel, and for now it works fine and i think smoother. It works faster than it was, and about battery, well its too early to speak on that... but i will give feedback.

Also i have 1 question, since i saw a value pack for our phone, is it safe to flash the value pack over this kernel, since im unsure what changes does it bring.

skyhigh works flawless with KQ8 but as it for KQ8 I would recomand you a FULL wipe and remove sim and external SD when you will flash it with Odin
5th April 2012, 06:55 PM |#261  
Thanks Meter: 358

More
link for 1.4b doesn't work..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
9001, galaxy, kernel, sgs+, skyhigh

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)