Thanks Meter: 641

By skywalker01, Senior Member on 20th March 2012, 12:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th April 2012, 02:07 PM |#341  
Thanks Meter: 101

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom_Tester

to skywalker.. The galaxy w is getting cm9 this week..but the hardware isnt different, maybe you can work together with them...
Happy Easter

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium

We had this topic about 300-times. Just because it has the same GPU and the same CPU-frequency, it isn't the same hardware Furthermore this thread is dealing with his kernel, not CM-port.

To topic:

I still can't push files via APK-Manager. It says me that the file system is read only. Was there any solution and can I fix it by my own or should I send you something like a logcat? With FeaCore Phoenix everything works well.

9th April 2012, 02:38 PM |#342  
Flag Brasov
Thanks Meter: 513

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavoxX

We had this topic about 300-times. Just because it has the same GPU and the same CPU-frequency, it isn't the same hardware Furthermore this thread is dealing with his kernel, not CM-port.

To topic:

I still can't push files via APK-Manager. It says me that the file system is read only. Was there any solution and can I fix it by my own or should I send you something like a logcat? With FeaCore Phoenix everything works well.

Pull out your boot.img.
Unpack.
Edit default.prop file, set value „ro.debuggable” to „1″.
Re-Pack.
Flash.

I wanted to tell this to skywalker since last week to make it this way but i forgot
The Following User Says Thank You to chasemyass For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chasemyass Ad-Free
9th April 2012, 03:05 PM |#343  
Flag Q3DM6
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Been using 1.4d for roughly 2 days, and I can confirm that there are no SD Card issues thus far.
9th April 2012, 06:01 PM |#344  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavoxX

To topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasemyass

Pull out your boot.img.
Unpack.
Edit default.prop file, set value „ro.debuggable” to „1″.
Re-Pack.
Flash.

I wanted to tell this to skywalker since last week to make it this way but i forgot

/system is always set to read only, look at the stock kernels. This is the Linux default mode and there are millions of good reasons not to compromise this safety feature. It is also astonishingly easy to remount system as read/write with Root Explorer or adb for example if you really need it now or then. There are only two reasons FOR mounting /system as read/write by default. One is lazyness and the other is you are a developer and you need the phone to be in full debug mode permanently. But in the latter case you know all of this anyway.

Anyway, against all recommendations you can change that like FeaCore Phoenix does it and chasemyass already exactly described how to do it.

But remember that this is a debugging option for developers only and can cause great harm to your phone why I won't integrate it in SkyHigh which is also used by many normal users.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to skywalker01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skywalker01 Ad-Free
9th April 2012, 07:30 PM |#345  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLpirLa

ok new gps update.. ill tried using another time "faster fix" from playstore as suggested by someone (I know it does same modification I did before in gps.conf file but u never know ) and nothing changed..still 0 satellites

so I tried to recalibrate the sensor ... and nothing changed neither..
then I gave up and flashed the new skyhigh update (1.4d) , and surprise : gps now is working properly (even if the gps.conf file contains the international settings ) ..dont ask me why .. it's crazy and nonsense I know ..

Hi,

Exactly the same behavior for me! Was initially in stock rom & kernel with a fast gps fix. Flashed Skyhigh 1.4 and everything was fine (no SD issue) except gps fix that was verrry loong (sometime i gave up before having a fix!). I've installed "Faster Fix" from market, that gave me a fix after some time (not as quick as with stock kernel but at least i can have a fix waiting around 2 minutes). Then i've read your post and decide to flash skyhigh 1.4d : Bingo, now the fix is very fast, maybe faster than ever for me.

Bye
The Following User Says Thank You to capillonpub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift capillonpub Ad-Free
10th April 2012, 11:40 AM |#346  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
hi i've no problem whit version 1.4 but i need to update to 1.4d or is not important?

thank for your work!!
10th April 2012, 01:33 PM |#347  
Flag Podgorica
Thanks Meter: 215

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by z4rro

hi i've no problem whit version 1.4 but i need to update to 1.4d or is not important?

thank for your work!!

You have answer in first post... Its reccomendee to use 1.4d. skywalker uses it too...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium
10th April 2012, 07:28 PM |#348  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I read in the changelog that thunderbolt screenstate scaling is compatible but not implemented is correct ?

GT-i9001 UCM 2.1 Rom
skyhigh 1.4 kernel oc/uv!
smartassv2 sio i/o
tweaked governator
10th April 2012, 07:44 PM |#349  
Thanks Meter: 198

More
Seems like my sd card problem is gone after update to 1.4d. Thank you for the great job :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA
11th April 2012, 02:31 AM |#350  
Flag Frankfurt
Thanks Meter: 294

Donate to Me
More
Hey skywalker,
I do not know if you like challanges but if you search for one try to get bln support in your kernel. If you succeed I would love you! (which I do at the moment anyway ) [no-homo]

Here is a tutorial which may help you:
Tutorial

thanks in advance

greetings fabsau
11th April 2012, 03:07 AM |#351  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabsau

Hey skywalker,
I do not know if you like challanges but if you search for one try to get bln support in your kernel. If you succeed I would love you! (which I do at the moment anyway ) [no-homo]

Here is a tutorial which may help you:
Tutorial

thanks in advance

greetings fabsau

This tutorial is for the samsung s5p6442 hardware. Except for the display we don't have any samsung hardware at all, mostly qualcomm and some others, so it won't be of any use.

I actually wonder if arco68 got BLN to work on the i8150. Did anybody ask him already ?
The Following User Says Thank You to skywalker01 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skywalker01 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
9001, galaxy, kernel, sgs+, skyhigh

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)