[REF]ERROR CODES AND SOLUTIONS - for ROM Update Utility[ONLINE]

Search This thread

dsixda

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Yes, i think that its wrong, because as i posted its just an EXT_ROM upgrade.

Anyway, the waird think its that the upgrade its charged 100% ...then after i got the error code.

Sorry, what do you mean it's charged 100%? You mean the upgrade made the battery meter go to 100?

I think I know your problem. if it's an ExtROM upgrade and your current ROM (such as a cooked ROM) does not have the ExtROM partition (10 MB) created, then it won't be able to write to any ExtROM. Check your Device Information - if there is no ExtROM version number then chances are that there is no partition there.

Last edited:

CyZeeK

Dec 4, 2007
Mexico City
Nexus 7 (2013)
Nexus 9
Sorry, what do you mean it's charged 100%? You mean the upgrade made the battery meter go to 100?

I think I know your problem. if it's an ExtROM upgrade and your current ROM (such as a cooked ROM) does not have the ExtROM partition (10 MB) created, then it won't be able to write to any ExtROM. Check your Device Information - if there is ExtROM version number then chances are that there is no partition there.

Yes the flash progress indicator shows 100%, but i guess its what you said.

mac92

Sep 9, 2008
try this:
1 - go to this link and download EnableRapi.Cab & Cert_SPC.Cab

2 - Instal in the device memory Cert_SPS.Cap & EnableRapi.Cap

3 - turn off your device remove the SIM Card and the memory card

4 - turn on your device

5 - Conect the USB cable in the unit and wait for the activesync turn green

6 - Go to this link and download USPL_2.28.0000.zip & IPL_2.27_USPL_2.28.zip

7 - Unzip the files

8 - Copy the file RUU_Signed.nbh in the folder IPL_2.27_USPL_2.28 and replace this file in the folder RUU of folder USPL_2.28.0000

9 - Run file elf-uspl.exe follow the steps

Now you can instal any ROM

Thhaaaaank you for this..... :D

it works fine :D

RaffieKol

Feb 23, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
This Is The Most Simply Way To Flash Your Rom

Ok I Know The Whole USPL and IPL Unlocking Method But To Admit For Some People It May Confuse Them If They Are New To Flashing Roms. Here Is A Guide That Temperly CID Your Device And You can Flash Any Rom, Radio, IPL - SPL To It

What You Need

- This Loader File (by djvw) http://rapidshare.com/files/146172083/Loader.zip

How To Flash

- Connect Your Phone To Your PC

- Vista Users Make Sure You Have Windows Mobile Center Installed And You Have Established A Connection With Your Phone

- XP Users Make Sure You Have ActiveSync Installed And You Have Established A Connection With Your Phone

- Now That You Know Your Phone Is Connected To Your PC Run The Loader File Which You Downloaded (Double Click On Click To Run.exe)

- After You Run The Loader File A Black Screen Will Pop Up On Your PC

- Follow The Steps 1 and 2 On The Black Screen (You Will Only Complete Steps 1 and 2, Step 3 Is Not Needed And Does Not Work)

- After You Complete Step 2 - You Should Have An All White Screen On Your Touch

- If You Have An All White Screen On Your Touch You Are Done

- Now Just Run The ROMUpdateUtility.exe That You Downloaded With The Rom (Make sure your phone is in the white screen)

Thats It

absorber786

Jan 7, 2008
Johannesburg
check the wiki

there is a thread in this forum that discusses the various ruu error codes...please SEARCH for it (this may be possibly done using google :) )
also I think it may be in the wiki or look at the threads listed in the first link of my sig...its kokotas rollup of relevant and important links for elf users
cheers and happy hunting

edit: because im in a good mood http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=415051

Last edited:

usernome

Apr 7, 2008
I CID unlocked my phone but when I try to update it I get "invalid vender ID" .

What shall I do ?

Thanx !

kokotas

Oct 23, 2007
Athens
I CID unlocked my phone but when I try to update it I get "invalid vender ID" .

What shall I do ?

Thanx !
Lets go again...
What IPL & SPL did you initially had?
What IPL & SPL do you have now?
Did you checked if CID unlocking worked
by following this method & check the line:
g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel = ?
Code:
;If ?=0 => Touch=CID_Unlocked
;If ?=FF => Touch=CID_Locked

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
I'm bumping this thread because newbies refuse to read the stickies (e.g. Koko's guide) and a lot of people recently are asking about RUU error messages ;)

AlexHans

Dec 15, 2008
Some help to upgrade from WinMobile 6.0 to 6.1.

Hi to everyone, please I need some help about how to upgrade an HTC Touch P3450 SmartPhone with WinMobile 6.0 to WinMobile 6.1, I got this information device:

ROM Version: 1.11.707.1B WWE
ROM Date: 05/24/07
Radio Version: 02.93.90
Protocol Version: 4.1.13.42
ExtROM Version: 1.11.707.101

Maybe somebody know about this upgrade or had some expertisse with this device, I'll appreciate to many some advice.
Thanks a lot.

AH

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Hi to everyone, please I need some help about how to upgrade an HTC Touch P3450 SmartPhone with WinMobile 6.0 to WinMobile 6.1, I got this information device:

ROM Version: 1.11.707.1B WWE
ROM Date: 05/24/07
Radio Version: 02.93.90
Protocol Version: 4.1.13.42
ExtROM Version: 1.11.707.101

Maybe somebody know about this upgrade or had some expertisse with this device, I'll appreciate to many some advice.
Thanks a lot.

AH

Wrong thread, buddy. Please help keep the forum organized and clean. And read the sticky threads at the top of the forum.. When you come to a site like this you have to do a lot of reading on your own, just like all other hacking/modding sites. ;)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=406721

Last edited:

rilazi

Aug 19, 2005
Preshevë
www.dai.com
I have problems upgrading Radio ROM. Error 244.

Any help?

Touch version : Elfin
Device ID : ELF010150
CID : BSTAR301
IPL : 3.10.0002
SPL : 3.10.cmonex
ROM Version : 2.11.0.0(\xceC\x97t\xd7 J J\xdcaG\x97(\x16\x06\x03\xa0\x03\x03
ExtROM Version : None
Operator Version: None
AKU Version : 0.4.2
Page Pool : 2 MB
RAM Size : 128 MB
ROM Size : 256 MB
Model No. : ELF0100
Part Number : 99HEH081-00
MCC+MNC : Not found

Last edited:

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
Well, to start, you can tell us whether you read the Wiki and what you tried!

I have problems upgrading Radio ROM. Error 270.

Any help?

Device ID : ELF010150
CID : BSTAR301
ROM Version : 2.11.0.0(\xceC\x97t\xd7 J J\xdcaG\x97(\x16\x06\x03\xa0\x03\x03
ExtROM Version : None
AKU Version : 0.4.2
Page Pool : 2 MB
Part Number : 99HEH081-00

rilazi

Aug 19, 2005
Preshevë
www.dai.com
I did install the ROM Elf_Elfin_2.11.0.0_MFG_ModuleBuild and than later I did HSPL and USPL, as you can see in device info, 3.10.cmonex.

After that I did installed ONYX 4.2 (your rom) without problems, but than my Elfin got sim locked, while with ROM Elf_Elfin_2.11.0.0_MFG_ModuleBuild was unlocked. Than I tried new ROM 6.5 and everything was OK except that Elfin was again sim locked.

After that I installed again ROM Elf_Elfin_2.11.0.0_MFG_ModuleBuild and Elfin is now sim unlocked and working good, but I though that Radio maybe a problem 2.98.90 and I wanted to update to the new ones but Error show up and I have now again radio 2.98.90 and if I want to change to any ROM the device is sim locked.

Before I installed ROM Elf_Elfin_2.11.0.0_MFG_ModuleBuild I tried to sim unlock while the Elfin was with its Spain Movistar Rom but the 8 digit code that I was provided with all sim unlock tools was not working. I understand that if "MCC+MNC : Not found" than cant be unlocked but mine is sim unlocked with ROM Elf_Elfin_2.11.0.0_MFG_ModuleBuild, but if I install other ROM than sim lock is coming back and now I cant install new Radio to try.

Any advice?

Last edited:

dsixda

Nov 1, 2007
Ottawa
I did install the ROM Elf_Elfin_2.11.0.0_MFG_ModuleBuild and than later I did HSPL and USPL, as you can see in device info, 3.10.cmonex.

After that I did installed ONYX 4.2 (your rom) without problems, but than my Elfin got sim locked, while with ROM Elf_Elfin_2.11.0.0_MFG_ModuleBuild was unlocked. Than I tried new ROM 6.5 and everything was OK except that Elfin was again sim locked.

After that I installed again ROM Elf_Elfin_2.11.0.0_MFG_ModuleBuild and Elfin is now sim unlocked and working good, but I though that Radio maybe a problem 2.98.90 and I wanted to update to the new ones but Error show up and I have now again radio 2.98.90 and if I want to change to any ROM the device is sim locked.

Before I installed ROM Elf_Elfin_2.11.0.0_MFG_ModuleBuild I tried to sim unlock while the Elfin was with its Spain Movistar Rom but the 8 digit code that I was provided with all sim unlock tools was not working. I understand that if "MCC+MNC : Not found" than cant be unlocked but mine is sim unlocked with ROM Elf_Elfin_2.11.0.0_MFG_ModuleBuild, but if I install other ROM than sim lock is coming back and now I cant install new Radio to try.

Any advice?

If you flashed the unbricker ROM you have to use the white screen method to flash a ROM.

aakashk

May 15, 2009
Can't change rom to onyx_5.0.1

Dear dsixda,

Please HELP.

I want to change my rom from A TOUCH OF 6.5 to your Onyx stable/beta rom.
But whenever I try updating by clicking CustomRUU...it stops at 21% giving  ERROR [262] : UPDATE ERROR.

Would appreciate if you could help me with updating to Onyx_5.0.1

HTC Touch device information - by dsixda

Device ID : ELF010050
CID : DOPOD001
ROM Version : A TOUCH OF 6.5
ExtROM Version : Cooked by FCUKFCUKFCUK
AKU Version : 5.0.1
Page Pool : 12 MB
Part Number : 99HEH013-00

I even tried mtty.exe and got the following detail
Cmd>password BsaD5SeoA
Pass.

+ SD Controller init

- SD Controller init

+StorageInit

SDInit+++
SDCmd8 Command response time-out. MMC_STAT = 80
SDInit - SD ver1.0
SDCmd1 Command response time-out. MMC_STAT = 80
SDCmd55 Command response time-out. MMC_STAT = 80
CMD55 failed
g_cKeyCardSecurityLevel = 0

HTCEType (0x1)(Operation mode flag): cOpModeFlag=(0x0).

Type (0x2)(Back color flag): cBackColorShowFlag=(0x1).

Type (0x5)(Background color value): g_wBColor=(0xC618) (0xC0C0C0).

HTCST
Cmd>ruurun 0

Cmd>getdevinfo
HTCSELF010050ˆ>—HTCE
Cmd>ResetDevice

Please please help me.....

Thanks in advance

crapula512

Sep 17, 2008
London, UK
mmm... thats weird, it should work.

try flashing straight from sd without the sim.

from wiki:
ERROR [262] : UPDATE ERROR

This error occurs during the CE ROM code upgrade process. If this happens, you can just soft reset the device and run RUU again. The update process will then continue. At this stage the rom on the device is incomplete and it will not boot back up into Windows. You will need to place it into the bootloader to continue.