[ROM][4.4.4] OmniROM for GT-I8190 S3 Mini

Search This thread

golden-guy

Oct 6, 2013
Vienna
Sorry but this expression doesn't match here... :) Anyway awesome that we have omnirom if you were somebody else you would add another CyanogenMod thread. Also I would be glad if we see this ROM completely bugfree. But I can't understand why you can't cooperate with MaclawStudio. This all is not about glory but about community. I hope you keep up the work.... :thumbup:

Obviously misleading (and as such changed), I don't want to join in any competition here. Ultimately, it's all about variety and choices you know...

Bangbilla

Dec 4, 2012
i don't tested but i make it yet. Can i transfer data with usb cabel without Rom only with TWRP?

Fred6681

Aug 8, 2013
Arles sur Tech
Bug: Capture vidéo completely blocks the phone

How can we root the ROM :confused:

Otherwise apart from these small problems, the ROM works perfectly ;)
Good job !!! :good:

Fred6681

Aug 8, 2013
Arles sur Tech
What app did you use for capture video, native one or 3rd party?
Last release omni-4.4.2-20140305-golden, full wipe, flash rom (no GApps) and directly tested:
camera photo -> ok
screen capture --> ok
screen vidéo capture -> phone block

i have just tested the camera video -> fc camera app

I specify my phone is I8190N

You can root with e.g. UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.65.zip, it has to be flashed via TWRP.
Thank you :good:
You should put in your first post, right ?

Last edited:
T

thomson.aa

@ golden-guy and all the others that are involved in this work: thanks a lot for the rom, for your hard work and efforts and especially for putting the sources online. much appreciated.

PS: Keep up the good work. Hope you can fix the minor issues that are left.

Last edited:

golden-guy

Oct 6, 2013
Vienna
Yeah, my device tree is up; http://www.diffchecker.com/i5h4tlqn

Try removing the "# Camera COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DNEEDS_VECTORIMPL_SYMBOLS" line from BoardConfig and compile with that.

Thanks mate, will give it a try. Had you removed this flag earlier on purpose for some reason?

Btw, do you need what workaround this flag is about: BOARD_EGL_WORKAROUND_BUG_10194508 := true

It's not defined in S3 Mini Board config.

E

Exothermic

Thanks mate, will give it a try. Had you removed this flag earlier on purpose for some reason?

Btw, do you need what workaround this flag is about: BOARD_EGL_WORKAROUND_BUG_10194508 := true

It's not defined in S3 Mini Board config.

The BOARD_EGL_WORKAROUND_BUG corrects an issue regarding OpenGL and how some things are rendered I believe, and the flag was removed since it points to symbols not required by the device, but are required for tegra cameras I believe. Meticulus and Unjustified Dev would know more as they tinkered more with the exhibit's device tree.

golden-guy

Oct 6, 2013
Vienna
The BOARD_EGL_WORKAROUND_BUG corrects an issue regarding OpenGL and how some things are rendered I believe, and the flag was removed since it points to symbols not required by the device, but are required for tegra cameras I believe. Meticulus and Unjustified Dev would know more as they tinkered more with the exhibit's device tree.

Ok I see thanks. I just realized that you also have set COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DNEEDS_VECTORIMPL_SYMBOLS in your board config (line 124) so I will leave it better in.

Btw, camcorder fc logcat:

03-06 22:50:52.210: E/AndroidRuntime(6345): FATAL EXCEPTION: Camera Handler Thread
03-06 22:50:52.210: E/AndroidRuntime(6345): Process: com.android.camera2, PID: 6345
03-06 22:50:52.210: E/AndroidRuntime(6345): java.lang.RuntimeException: getParameters failed (empty parameters)
03-06 22:50:52.210: E/AndroidRuntime(6345): at android.hardware.Camera.native_getParameters(Native Method)
03-06 22:50:52.210: E/AndroidRuntime(6345): at android.hardware.Camera.getParameters(Camera.java:1707)
03-06 22:50:52.210: E/AndroidRuntime(6345): at com.android.camera.AndroidCameraManagerImpl$CameraHandler.handleMessage(AndroidCameraManagerImpl.java:303)

E

Exothermic

Ok I see thanks. I just realized that you also have set COMMON_GLOBAL_CFLAGS += -DNEEDS_VECTORIMPL_SYMBOLS in your board config (line 124) so I will leave it better in.

Btw, camcorder fc logcat:

03-06 22:50:52.210: E/AndroidRuntime(6345): FATAL EXCEPTION: Camera Handler Thread
03-06 22:50:52.210: E/AndroidRuntime(6345): Process: com.android.camera2, PID: 6345
03-06 22:50:52.210: E/AndroidRuntime(6345): java.lang.RuntimeException: getParameters failed (empty parameters)
03-06 22:50:52.210: E/AndroidRuntime(6345): at android.hardware.Camera.native_getParameters(Native Method)
03-06 22:50:52.210: E/AndroidRuntime(6345): at android.hardware.Camera.getParameters(Camera.java:1707)
03-06 22:50:52.210: E/AndroidRuntime(6345): at com.android.camera.AndroidCameraManagerImpl$CameraHandler.handleMessage(AndroidCameraManagerImpl.java:303)

https://github.com/Exothermic/android_device_samsung_codinatmo/tree/omni-4.4, I'll look more into that logcat in a bit.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Omnirom_logo-big_layout_transparent-300px.png

OmniROM 4.4.4
    for
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)

This project is based upon the sources provided by the Omnirom Team, TeamCanjica and OliverG96, and has been gradually enhanced with additional fixes and features in a collaborative effort.
    It is a feature-complete and stable build of OmniROM 4.4.x for our nice and nifty Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini (GT-I8190)
    [Note: I8190N and I8190L are not tested / in scope, but both have been reported to work too.]

Latest 4.4.4 release: omni-4.4.4-20171009-golden

What's new:
    - Security update (patches up to Android Security bulletin - October 2017)
    - Native Apps2SD support
    - Kernel patches for BlueBorne and Dirty Cow

Plus re-applied patches:
    - Backported M's security patch level info to Kitkat Settings screen
    - Merged Kitkat kernel into K-3.0.101 using upstream M-3.0.101 sources
    - Backported Lollipop streaming fixes by @Meticulus
    - Fixed Xposed installer issue (https://gerrit.omnirom.org/15695)
    - Fixed missing images for lockscreen icon picker (https://gerrit.omnirom.org/15611)
    - Fixed set preferred network type to be kept upon reboot
    - Added back mobile data indicator arrows
    - Removed auto brightness sections causing FC
    - Fixed wifi reboot bug in framework
    - Fixed active display layout issues
    - Fixed button brightness setting (e.g. dark mode)
    - Fixed haptic feedback for back and menu sensor buttons

DOWNLOAD: AFH

Latest 4.4.3 release: omni-4.4.3-20140617-golden

What's new: BLN support, 4.4.2 release features back integrated (Animation control, Battery saver, etc.), fstrim cron job - runs fstrim once a week on /data and /cache partitions

Latest 4.4.2 release: omni-4.4.2-20140522-golden

What's new: Custom settings for HW buttons ("long press to kill app"), fixed HSPA icon in status bar, fixed LTE bug (displayed "LTE" on accessing Mobile Networks screen)

What's in:
    • RIL: GSM/UMTS Telephony, Mobile Data: 2G, 3G up to HSDPA
    • Bluetooth (with A2DP and AVRCP support, In-Call Audio (SCO))
    • WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n, WiFi tethering ("WiFi Hotspot")
    • Native Apps2SD support
    • GPS
    • BLN (Backlight Notification) support
    • Multimedia: Audio/Video Playback, Torch LED, Images Gallery, Camera
    • Multimedia: Audio/Video recording (Camcorder), Voice Search
    • Messaging: Email, SMS/MMS
    • Custom settings for HW buttons ("long press to kill app")
    • Omni Features, such as Omniswitch and Performance Control
    • Multi-Window support, App Circle Bar
    • Theme Engine, Theme Chooser (4.4.2 only)
    • On-the-Go Mode (See-through feature, "transparent" display)
    • Battery Saver Mode
    • Animation Control
    • Active Display
    • CPU Deep Sleep support
    • Offline charging

Release history

omni-4.4.2-20140510-golden
    What's new: Theme Engine, Theme Chooser, On-the-Go Mode (See-through feature, "transparent" display), Battery Saver Mode, Animation Control, Rebuilt with latest OmniROM code base

omni-4.4.2-20140502-golden
    What's new: Rebuilt with latest OmniROM code base, fixed torch lag

omni-4.4.2-20140423-golden
    What's new: Multi-Window support, App Circle Bar

omni-4.4.2-20140422-golden
    What's new: Rebuilt with latest OmniROM code base, fixed display of battery temperature

omni-4.4.2-20140408-golden
    What's new: Bluetooth in-call audio (SCO)

omni-4.4.2-20140403-golden
    What's new: Framebuffer fix (flickering), rebuilt with latest Omni code base

omni-4.4.2-20140329-golden
    What's new: Multimedia: Audio/Video recording (Camcorder), Voice Search

omni-4.4.2-20140316-golden
    What's new: Re-built with the latest OmniROM code base, fixed incoming call low-volume issue

omni-4.4.2-20140305-golden
    What's new: Multimedia: Camera, Torch Led, Video playback

omni-4.4.2-20140302-golden
    What's new: Reboot bug solved (thx to Exothermic and Rox)

omni-4.4.2-20140228-golden
    What's new: Initial build

Download
    Latest release is available on AFH!
    Older versions of this ROM (incl. MD5SUM) and TWRP (recovery.img) are still available here: DOWNLOAD

Sources

Google Apps

Google Apps are not included within this package and have to be flashed seperately via TWRP.
    You can always find the latest 4.4.4 Open GApps here: DOWNLOAD
    Micro or Nano Package recommended.

Rooting

Since OmniROM does not come rooted out-of-the-box, you can use SuperSU to do that if needed.
    Grab SuperSU and flash it via TWRP.

Video Review

Courtesy: @LMH1998 :highfive:

Credits

@OliverG96: Sources for S3 Mini device, kernel, vendor
    @Rox (TeamCanjica): Omni OMX patched sources and support
    @omnirom: Full OmniROM sources tree
    @exothermic: Sources and support
    @Android-Andi: Sources and support, also great new cherry-picks
    @Unjustified Dev: Camera HAL fix for 4.4.3
    @New Maclaw: OMX source patches

Big THANKS to all of you (and everybody who has contributed to your branches) for your great work!

Last, but not least: Enjoy OmniROM!

PS:

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications at YOUR OWN RISK.
     */
    Android L - Update: First Milestone Release

In terms of "Pics or it didn't happen" :D

Stage: Alpha - Highly WIP

Thanks to @Meticulus for giving me the invaluable hint about dismissing the faulting gps blob for now :highfive:
    New 4.4.4 build 20140927 is up!

Guys, a new Omni 4.4.4 build is up. It is built on the latest Omni code base plus the following features/fixes:

- Clock sync patch is now amended to also work in NITZ-enabled networks. (Please give your feedback on that)
    - Applied YT fix by @Meticulus (Thanks! :good:), so latest YT releases are working again
    - Disabled usecase governor (Again, thanks @Meticulus :)) due to issues with down-scaled cpu max_freq being dismissed

Have to say, I also like the new dynamic (color-changing) status bar, it's a new Omni feature. :D

Enjoy! :good:
    New 4.4.4 build 20140801 is up!

Hey guys,
    a new 4.4.4 release 20140801 is up. It contains the latest Omnirom code base and 3.0.44+ kernel (with JB_Update2 applied).
    Some new features have been introduced by Omni team, like Launcher3 custom app drawer icon and charging animation for percent style.
    On the housekeeping side, the (non-functional) auto-brightness entries have been removed in both display and button settings.

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy!
    New 4.4.4 build 20151230 is up!

CHANGELOG

- Added December security bulletin patches (thanks @Android-Andi)
    - Fixed haptic feedback for back and menu sensor buttons

Probably the last 4.4.4 build (at least for 2015 :p)

DOWNLOAD

Enjoy! :good: