[ROM] I747UCUFNE4_AT&T 4.4.2 Stock ROM & System Dump

Search This thread

Jammn

Aug 26, 2010
Kingston
Hi sorry for the noob question. I'm on stock 4.3 with root and TMRP custom recovery. If I flash this will I also have to flash KT kernel for this to work?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

evisser4

Apr 24, 2013
I can confirm this as working. I have 4.3 MJ2 boot loader & 4.3 MJB modem. I used TWRP 2.7.1.0.

Flash Rom
flash kt747 kernel (touchwiz 4.4 version)
Boot up
Open supersu disable Knox. Worked on first try.
Then let the phone settle for 5 minutes.
it seemed a little laggy at first until.it settled.
rebooted.
tested sms, mms, gps, camera, and phone. I have lte and WiFi just fine.

Good luck everyone.

Thanks for putting in the hard work!

Last edited:

Najuto9tail

Aug 25, 2011
Lajas, PR
those who have brick... I bricked my phone flashing the 4.3 with odin... So I guess it is similar to the brick of 4.4
If there is no new bootloader I guess you need the debrick file for the mjb if comming from 4.3 if you had mjb bootloader. I tried an other debrick file it did not work.
this one did- http://www.mediafire.com/download/md8s29piyovz95q/debrick-SGH-I747U-CUEMJB3.img
Guyssssss I got my phone into download mode with 32gb class 2 samsung sdcard with a jig
edit-
Flashing mjb bootloader, modems and rom to fix phone.
Note- I format sdcard on another phone 5 times before writing image to it, used win32diskimager with mjb debrick image. Phone vibrated when I insert sdcard, I got excited, placed jig on usb of phone ,bingoooo download mode.
Will report back in a couple of minutes.
Odin mjb did not fix it, flashed latest twrp and manage to boot into it. Will flash mjb bootloader and modem then s3rx rom.

Finaly I got my phone Unbricked!

Edit- DO not know if pushing buttons combination will work. A JIG could cost like $3 on ebay... or less. If you can not get it to work with just the sdcard, try using one.

Last edited:

talkingmonkeys

Inactive Recognized RC / RT
May 15, 2013
New builds in the op, pretty sure all symlinks and permissions are fixed. I can only verify that it succeeded using TWRP 2.7.1.0
Rom should be safe, everything is good on my phone. Feel bad for those who got bricked, I hope someone get the debrick to work.

Thanks I'll start to work on this tonight. Still going to mix some of my nd8 files at first and see how that goes. Then I'll work on redoing it for att.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: enewman17

enewman17

Sep 20, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
those who have brick... I bricked my phone flashing the 4.3 with odin... So I guess it is similar to the brick of 4.4
If there is no new bootloader I guess you need the debrick file for the mjb if comming from 4.3 if you had mjb bootloader. I tried an other debrick file it did not work.
this one did- http://www.mediafire.com/download/md8s29piyovz95q/debrick-SGH-I747U-CUEMJB3.img
Guyssssss I got my phone into download mode with 32gb class 2 samsung sdcard with a jig
edit-
Note- I format sdcard on another phone 5 times before writing image to it, used win32diskimager with mjb debrick image. Phone vibrated when I insert sdcard, I got excited, placed jig on usb of phone ,bingoooo download mode.
Odin mjb did not fix it, flashed latest twrp and manage to boot into it. Will flash mjb bootloader and modem then s3rx rom.

Edit- DO not know if pushing buttons combination will work. A JIG could cost like $3 on ebay... or less. If you can not get it to work with just the sdcard, try using one.

Like enewman said, most of the bricks here were from flashing the modem, so in theory, the 4.3 debrick.img should work.

Damn it I wish I would have thought of that. lol That makes perfect sense why the 4.4.2 debrick image wouldn't work.

sakdroid

Mar 11, 2011
I am on MJ2 bootloader and MJB modem with S3Rx Build.
So I can perform the steps provided by op to flash this rom right?

Jakeuten

Dec 8, 2012
Duluth
this ROM completely broke my phone. doesn't turn on in any way shape or form. 0/10 do not recommend.

Sent from my XT1028 using XDA Free mobile app

talkingmonkeys

Inactive Recognized RC / RT
May 15, 2013
this ROM completely broke my phone. doesn't turn on in any way shape or form. 0/10 do not recommend.

List the steps that lead to this and exactly what you did to make it easier for us to help.

I'm assuming that you flashed the NE4 modem with your MJB bootloader. This bricked a bunch of people and there has been a debrick.img posted and instructions to fix your phone that has saved a few people already. A lot of this has been discussed in the last few pages if you want to read back through it.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Posted this in General, but thought I'd copy it here since some people don't always keep up with every section, and I feel its important enough...

Was just reading a few posts and something came to my attention that I have not seen anywhere yet.

Do NOT try to update from 4.3 by flashing the 4.4.2 firmware with Mobile Odin! This mostly applies to the I747M users right now, but will also be true for the I747 once available.

The reason being that Mobile Odin does not flash the full firmware. Only system, modem, cache, recovery and kernel. This means your base firmware (bootloader) will still be whatever you had before. We know that you will brick if you flash the 4.4.2 modem on 4.3 firmware. So if you try to update using Mobile Odin, you will brick your device!

Only use the kk firmware with Mobile Odin if you have already fully updated via ota or PC Odin.

Reactions: brayhanrd

rdy105

Dec 21, 2010
West Point
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Not sure what I did differently, but I flashed ROM and modem over Intergalactic and thing has been running great since. Woke up the next morning to a bunch of brick posts so I'll count myself lucky.

Here's what I did:
Boot into cwm
Nandroid
Cleared cache
Flashed ROM and modem
Cleared cache and dalvik
Reboot

Booted up no problem

I'm on mj2 boot loader

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Free mobile app

brayhanrd

Nov 24, 2010
Santiago DR
www.twitter.com
Posted this in General, but thought I'd copy it here since some people don't always keep up with every section, and I feel its important enough...

Was just reading a few posts and something came to my attention that I have not seen anywhere yet.

Do NOT try to update from 4.3 by flashing the 4.4.2 firmware with Mobile Odin! This mostly applies to the I747M users right now, but will also be true for the I747 once available.

The reason being that Mobile Odin does not flash the full firmware. Only system, modem, cache, recovery and kernel. This means your base firmware (bootloader) will still be whatever you had before. We know that you will brick if you flash the 4.4.2 modem on 4.3 firmware. So if you try to update using Mobile Odin, you will brick your device!

Only use the kk firmware with Mobile Odin if you have already fully updated via ota or PC Odin.

I Update Ota my phone is i747M i dont wanna brick my phone and this kind of update is new to me..
i have to update NON-HOLO file to or no.
Really apretiare ur Help. Man. like aways u doing a greats Job

keithfrombm

Aug 10, 2012
edit-

God, I regret this noob question. But, in three or four years of flashing, this is my first brick: what is a jig? LOL Googled it but the definition seems to me to be an unplugged micro usb cable? That's not right, is it? :what:

NEVERMIND. Found it.
Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile aptp

Last edited:

Joehen873

Dec 9, 2012
philly

I dont understand ppl. U guys know what u r getting into when u root ur phone. And every dev says I take no responsibility if u brick. These guys put a ton of time into these roms. They also have jobs and families. Enewman17 and talkingmonkeys r probably still awake from yesterdays mess trying to fix it. I haven't jumped to the ne4 yet but I will soon and for that I say thank u. All of this goes for u to doc thank u:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I747UCUFNE4_AT&T 4.4.2

This project is abandoned by the developer

This is a completely stock rom, nothing has been removed.
    Only changes include.
    • Root
    • Busybox
    • Permissions for ext. sdcard added for all apps.

Prerequisites include a minimum of a 4.3 bootloader and modem.
    If you are not on the official 4.4.2 bootloaders and modem then you will need to flash ktoonsez kernel. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1756776

Directions:
    1. Factory data reset
    2. Flash ROM
    3. If your still on 4.3 bootloader flash ktoonsez kernel immediately after the rom.
    4. Let phone boot up, go through start up etc...
    5. Open SuperSU, Let it disable Knox. If it gets stuck, press the home button and reboot the phone and try it again. It will work the 2nd time.
    6. Nothing else to see here.

Flash in custom recovery.

Stock DeOdex
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934549032

Stock Kernel, insecure, init.d, sdcard R/W, selinux permissive
    http://www.mediafire.com/?oooglrsrna0vony

I747UCUFNE4 debrick.img
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549813

PHP:
    I747UCUFNE4_4.4.2 system dump
    Zip contains: system.img, boot.img and NON-HLOS.bin
    Not flashable.
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549356
    By all means you are all welcome to use the entirety of this and everything I upload without permission. Enjoy!

I dont understand ppl. U guys know what u r getting into when u root ur phone. And every dev says I take no responsibility if u brick. These guys put a ton of time into these roms. They also have jobs and families. Enewman17 and talkingmonkeys r probably still awake from yesterdays mess trying to fix it. I haven't jumped to the ne4 yet but I will soon and for that I say thank u. All of this goes for u to doc thank u:confused:
    Heres the deal folks. Stay on your 4.3 bootloader and modem you're on running this. Don't update with an ota or anything. No new modem or any of that. Not sure how it works with the stock kernel because I wasn't taking the chance with it not being insecure. So long as you're on mj2 or mjb with the mjb modem this will work. Or the i747m equivalents or NE6 should work too. I747 or i747m also because I used kt747 kernel and not stock which leaves some without wifi.

Also need to add that those of you already on either of the new updates can use this too.

Service and wifi work fine off mj2 bootloader and mjb modem for me. And heres my debloated 615 mb build with 4 way reboot native and a few build.prop and feature tweaks. Should tide you over until later today. Don't flash a stock kernel, bootloader or modem until we let you all know its safe.

I need to fix the symlinks in the updaterscript tonight too. To install make sure system isn't mounted before you flash. Someone else has said unmount cache too.

Debloated DL (615 mb): http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358549689

MD5: a32a89309cf5ef449e1377120eaf59f9
    Hey guys, I may have missed it while playing catch up, but if not, this will help those who have bricked and need the 4.4.2 KK debrick.img.

Someone who has FULLY updated to the new build NE4 needs to flash the linked file via custom recovery. This will create a new debrick.img on your sdcard that you can then upload to help rescue the dead devices here. If the new debrick.img has already been found, disregard this.

T999_Partial_Sys_Dump_for_Debrick.zip

I know it says T999 in the file name, but it should work for the I747 just the same.

Hope it helps!
    Samsung-sgh-i747_i747ucufne4 dump

This is my personal DUMP of SAMSUNG-SGH-I747_I747UCUFNE4
    Included is:

aboot.mbn
    boot.img
    modem.bin
    recovery.img
    rpm.mbn
    sbl1.mbn
    sbl2.mbn
    sbl3.mbn
    system.img.ext4
    tz.mbn

All packed in an Odin Restore TAR.

LINK: DOWNLOAD
    MD5: 058604FA65CA746DA2DADBBE61FBA975
    Just an alternative. MODs please delete if its out of place!

LJ