Thanks Meter: 2,857

By febycv, Retired Recognized Developer on 10th October 2011, 05:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th October 2011, 10:40 PM |#101  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 27

Donate to Me
More
How did you convert the apk into a flashable zip?
19th October 2011, 12:02 AM |#102  
Flag Hollywood Hills, CA
Thanks Meter: 271

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bconover93

When you say flash the newest gapps, do you mean 8/28?? Cause either way I'm still on 3.1.5

Sent from my CM7 Backflip

Yes 8/28 is the latest release of gapps.
19th October 2011, 01:13 AM |#103  
Flag Albuquerque, NM
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
I got it working.

changelog?? only difference I see is new icon and a little faster
19th October 2011, 03:28 AM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
How did you get it working? I just get an error when ever I try to purchase something.
19th October 2011, 12:40 PM |#105  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have a Galaxy SL with XXKPH based Nexus Hybrid OS. I am not able to install the new Market. It changes the version of Market to 2.3.6 or something and when I download / update some app, it reinstalls Market 3.1.5.
Kindly let me know how to install Market 3.2.0.
19th October 2011, 12:48 PM |#106  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by asimpatnaik

I have a Galaxy SL with XXKPH based Nexus Hybrid OS. I am not able to install the new Market. It changes the version of Market to 2.3.6 or something and when I download / update some app, it reinstalls Market 3.1.5.
Kindly let me know how to install Market 3.2.0.

Did you use the flashable zip file from the post????
19th October 2011, 01:11 PM |#107  

More
No. I downloaded the apk file. Didn't try the flashable zip. Please let me know how to flash using the flashable zip? Hope I don't lose other data. Do I need to back up anything?
19th October 2011, 02:59 PM |#108  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No. I downloaded the apk file. Didn't try the flashable zip. Please let me know how to flash using the flashable zip? Hope I don't lose other data. Do I need to back up anything?

The flashable zip will replace the old market with the new one. you won't lose any other data.

But, if you are still in doubt, i suggest a Nandroid Backup before flashing.
19th October 2011, 04:56 PM |#109  

More
Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately, I still have the same issue. I had cleared the cache & Dalvik cache and tried installing. But it still shows Market 2.3.6. After sometime, it updates automatically (not sure how ) to 3.1.5 but not 3.2.
Am I doing something wrong?
19th October 2011, 08:05 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

Unfortunately, I still have the same issue. I had cleared the cache & Dalvik cache and tried installing. But it still shows Market 2.3.6. After sometime, it updates automatically (not sure how ) to 3.1.5 but not 3.2.

I believe you're having problems with the Market Updater process. The easiest way to fix is to root your phone if you already didn't and install Titanium Backup. When you have installed Titanium on the rooted phone I suggest you to do a Nandroid backup, just in case if you screw something up. With Titanium installed you go to the Backup/Restore tab and search for the "Market Updater" select it make a backup and then uninstall it (with this backup you can reinstall it in the future if needed). Use the apk or flash file from this thread of the market and you will get the new market which won't update itself any longer.

I don't know how much knowledge you have about Android or Linux terminal but it's also possible do all of this through terminal.
20th October 2011, 01:01 AM |#111  
Flag Tulsa, OK
Thanks Meter: 762

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

This is because it's not the official update!

Has there been anyone who's been silently OTA updated to 3.2?? I've asked before, yet no one has said that they have.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)