[APP] [IR] [ICONTROL | TV | Aircon |DVD | FAN| DSLR | PROJECTOR]

Search This thread

michealderek

Jan 7, 2013
Singapore
ICONTROL for HTC ONE/Galaxy S4

Features:
TV/Aircon/Projector/Fan/DVD/DSLR/IR Switch and etc. (First App support remote control Aircon)
Automatic match database
Upload / Download DIY Remote Control
Script Code - one key multicode
Learn IR Code ( for HTC ONE )

BTW, I am not the author of the app, but entrusted by the author to post. Any bugs/advice reflected, I will forward to the author.

Download Link: Here

Note: You need uninstall the old version first then install the new version. All your previous data may lost.

Change Log:
(15 July) Added 2000 more codes into cloud database
added English datebase.
fixed IR send issue when in android 4.2.2
fixed some translation
fixed some bugs.

Instruction:
1. download this zip file, and extract apk and install on phone.
2. open app - MORE - DEVICE SETTING - choose your device HTC ONE or S4
3. return to REMOTE - Add Remote Control
4. select Elctric Type and Brand, if not inside select all
5. Long Press to Match - Auto Match require Internet connection (could be better if register to enable download DIY)
6. Press till your electric show/sound anything
7. change Forward to backward if you passing the correct code
8. press on Further Test Signal - Test all - correct go to step 9, not all correct go back step 6
9. choose a profile to save
10. If TV, you will see all buttons are blank. long press on button to modify.
11. select Macro, first colum is your brand, maybe show in chinese, ignore it, go second colum, this is the function for the button.
12. choose one and name it - save.

Screen Shoot:
Screenshot_2013-06-10-09-21-21.png Screenshot_2013-06-10-09-21-31.png Screenshot_2013-06-10-09-21-57.png Screenshot_2013-06-10-09-33-31.png Screenshot_2013-06-10-09-22-32.png

Click HERE for whom need external .5mm Audio Interface IR device which can support learning function and support all IR electrics.

Attachments

• 094349hpzkkkckrcxzulkh.jpg
    094349hpzkkkckrcxzulkh.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 8,049
  • 140043kk92c88999s4c933.jpg
    140043kk92c88999s4c933.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 7,880
  • icontrol.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 5,810
Last edited:

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
@michealderek
a little bit off topic...

The galaxy s4 has a learn function too on their IR? Anyways! I'll try this too... Combine it with antifish' app should be best of both worlds.

Tower1972

Mar 13, 2008
Somewhere in Wisconsin
hrm strange,,,the One has the ability to learn codes I thought. When it didnt find my TV in 3 tries it had me hold the remote up to the IR and hold the power button until it "learned"

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
right now S4 can learn ir codes, and HTC one cant. but author inform me, new version with code learning will release on 15 Jun. hope it comes out on time.

Are you sure about this? I have already browsed through the IR API of the galaxy s4 + Xperia ZL also as a bonus and I am very sure it doesn't support learning IR codes as it doesn't even have any IR receiver. Unlike the HTC One which has one and in fact very2x easy to implement in an application...

Maybe you or the author got the info wrong and switched accidentally?

Edit:

Ok I understand now! :D The app requires a seperate hardware to learn IR codes :) No wonder you mentioned S4 can learn IR codes :p Sorry for not testing the app first before asking.

Last edited:

michealderek

Jan 7, 2013
Singapore
Are you sure about this? I have already browsed through the IR API of the galaxy s4 + Xperia ZL also as a bonus and I am very sure it doesn't support learning IR codes as it doesn't even have any IR receiver. Unlike the HTC One which has one and in fact very2x easy to implement in an application...

Maybe you or the author got the info wrong and switched accidentally?

Edit:

Ok I understand now! :D The app requires a seperate hardware to learn IR codes :) No wonder you mentioned S4 can learn IR codes :p Sorry for not testing the app first before asking.

I could better remove that sentence, thanks~

Webmediart

Jun 20, 2013
Gt-n8000

On the Screenshots you can see n8000 as an option. Will it be fully supported in later versions? Would like to test the learning function, because until now the integrated ir is useless.

TheBrilliantMistake

May 3, 2007
Tried it, and it looks very promising... quite a 'polished' UI, even if the translations need a lot of work.

I couldn't get it to actually function (transmit a working IR) at all on the HTC One, but other aspects of the app are quite appealing, esp the 'designer' where a user can design their own remote.

So far it looks roughly on a par with Smart IR - admitting that Smart IR has a much nicer device selection UI, and equally attractive remote control appearance, but it doesn't have quite as flexible a layout scheme as iControl.

Reactions: michealderek

Rafaeldkt

Dec 15, 2011
HTC one has the senser to learn Not S4, correct me if i am wrong.
I used SmartRemote app on S4 and HTC one, Only HTC has learning fucntion

michealderek

Jan 7, 2013
Singapore
Tried it, and it looks very promising... quite a 'polished' UI, even if the translations need a lot of work.

I couldn't get it to actually function (transmit a working IR) at all on the HTC One, but other aspects of the app are quite appealing, esp the 'designer' where a user can design their own remote.

So far it looks roughly on a par with Smart IR - admitting that Smart IR has a much nicer device selection UI, and equally attractive remote control appearance, but it doesn't have quite as flexible a layout scheme as iControl.

some android 4.2.2 device have this problem, didn't transmit IR, i already updated the download link which can support android 4.2.2.

lojak29

Aug 18, 2010
I find the ir blaster on the HTC to be better than s4
On HTC you can point the phone anywhere away from the tv and it turns channels and powers off .
The s4 has to be pointed directly at the tv.

Sent from my M7 using xda premium

georo

Dec 8, 2007
It is any way to change the language to show on the buttons so far I see only Chinese or whatever language is coming with. Thanks in advance for any help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ICONTROL for HTC ONE/Galaxy S4

Features:
    TV/Aircon/Projector/Fan/DVD/DSLR/IR Switch and etc. (First App support remote control Aircon)
    Automatic match database
    Upload / Download DIY Remote Control
    Script Code - one key multicode
    Learn IR Code ( for HTC ONE )

BTW, I am not the author of the app, but entrusted by the author to post. Any bugs/advice reflected, I will forward to the author.

Download Link: Here

Note: You need uninstall the old version first then install the new version. All your previous data may lost.

Change Log:
    (15 July) Added 2000 more codes into cloud database
    added English datebase.
    fixed IR send issue when in android 4.2.2
    fixed some translation
    fixed some bugs.

Instruction:
    1. download this zip file, and extract apk and install on phone.
    2. open app - MORE - DEVICE SETTING - choose your device HTC ONE or S4
    3. return to REMOTE - Add Remote Control
    4. select Elctric Type and Brand, if not inside select all
    5. Long Press to Match - Auto Match require Internet connection (could be better if register to enable download DIY)
    6. Press till your electric show/sound anything
    7. change Forward to backward if you passing the correct code
    8. press on Further Test Signal - Test all - correct go to step 9, not all correct go back step 6
    9. choose a profile to save
    10. If TV, you will see all buttons are blank. long press on button to modify.
    11. select Macro, first colum is your brand, maybe show in chinese, ignore it, go second colum, this is the function for the button.
    12. choose one and name it - save.

Screen Shoot:
    Screenshot_2013-06-10-09-21-21.png Screenshot_2013-06-10-09-21-31.png Screenshot_2013-06-10-09-21-57.png Screenshot_2013-06-10-09-33-31.png Screenshot_2013-06-10-09-22-32.png

Click HERE for whom need external .5mm Audio Interface IR device which can support learning function and support all IR electrics.