[ROM][WIP][4.4.2] CyanogenMod 11 KitKat for Optimus S/V

Search This thread

skinbark

Nov 25, 2013
Dubuque, IA
CyanogenMod 11 KitKat for Optimus S/V

This is a basic CyanogenMod 11 rom for the Optimus S/V. It has NOT been tested extensively and I take NO responsibility for any bricked phones, data loss or damages that occur as a result of flashing any version of this rom. It requires ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.5 or later, or TWRP 2.6.3 or later, in order to flash.

What works:

• Phone calling (ZVH and ZVJ radios require a patch)
  • Wifi
  • Mobile data (thanks to thekraven)
  • USB tethering
  • Camera
  • USB mass storage, MTP
What's broken:

• Bluetooth
  • Wifi tethering
  • SELinux
  • You tell me

CWM 6.0.4.6 can be found in the rom directory. Flash Skinny_4.4_Gapps.zip after flashing the rom to get Play Store and Google Sync. Other Gapps will probably be too big to fit on /system.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nfgfef6qpril7/CM11

Contributors:

• skinbark
  • bigsupersquid
  • thekraven

Special thanks to the CyanogenMod and androidarmv6 teams, also gu5t3r for GOptimize.

Last edited:

skinbark

Nov 25, 2013
Dubuque, IA
CM11 KitKat os2sd Version:

cm-11-20140116-thunderc-skinbark-sd.zip is a version of CM11 which is designed to run off your sd card.
To use this version:
1) create and format 3 ext4 partitions following the fat32 partition on your sd card (use gparted not a windows partitioning tool)
  • /data - at least 256 mb (512 mb or more recommended)
  • /system - at least 256 mb
  • /cache - at least 256 mb
2) format /boot in cwm
3) install cm-11-20140104-thunderc-sd.zip
4) install Skinny_4.4_Gapps-sd.zip and reboot

Known Issues (in addition to those in post #1):

• formatting/backup/restore issues
  • possible reduced performance (older/slower sd cards)
  • reduced battery life (?)

Add wipe zips to a folder on your sd card and flash them from recovery to clear external /data, /system, /cache, or all three.
CWM_6.0.4.6-thunderc-sd.zip is a special version of CWM for os2sd that should only be used if you understand how it works.This version of CWM is not necessary to flash the os2sd rom. See this post for more info about recovery issues with this rom.
A Class 10 microSD card is recommended for best performance.
Power off or reboot to recovery before removing sd card.
os2sd mod courtesy of bigsupersquid

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dj2d4vpp0hzvb/CM11sd
Warning: This is a highly experimental setup and a work-in-progress. You should have adb installed and know how to use it, along with the flash_image command, before attempting this install. If you have trouble installing this and are unsure how to resolve the problem ask for help on this thread. I take no responsibility for bricked devices, data loss or any other damages resulting from the use of this software. USE AT YOUR RISK.

Last edited:

skinbark

Nov 25, 2013
Dubuque, IA
New build with rild fix for ZVD/ZV5. You'll want to upgrade to this for stability and battery life even if you're not activated.
cm-11-20131225-thunderc-skinbark.zip
Link in OP.
Merry Christmas guys!

Last edited:

captaincrook

Sep 17, 2010
I'll test. I still use this phone a bit. I don't use gapps anymore so I wouldn't be ale to ile any bugs against them. Is thereanything in particular you want tested?

Reactions: skinbark

skinbark

Nov 25, 2013
Dubuque, IA
I'll test. I still use this phone a bit. I don't use gapps anymore so I wouldn't be ale to ile any bugs against them. Is thereanything in particular you want tested?
Well the biggie right now is getting data going which is sort of difficult for me since my phone's not activated (next week I hope). I'm assuming you're not activated? I guess just general stability and performance, battery life, see what you can run on on it, put it through the wringer. All info is welcome since I really haven't had much feedback yet. It seems to be pretty stable. Let me know if you have any problems, thanks.

Reactions: Zeag

jclendineng

Aug 10, 2011
Delaware
really works well...nice job. No chance to test 3g data yet, but everything else works very well...I had to install a keyboard manually, and the battery stats are wrong (fully charged, and stayed fully charged all day) but it is def a daily driver for me.

skinbark

Nov 25, 2013
Dubuque, IA
I uploaded a new 'OS2SD' rom with special recovery, gapps and virgin fix:
cm-11-20140101-thunderc-sd.zip
CWM_6.0.4.6-thunderc-sd.zip
Skinny_4.4_Gapps-sd.zip
Virgin-fix-CM11-sd.zip
Link in post #2. Happy New Year!

captaincrook

Sep 17, 2010
After a crash fest with the build at the time of my last post, this newish one is alright so far. Things get choppy fast and the input is a real pain. That is about as good as I have it. Alternate market works, wifi is good, and its chugging along.

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G
After a crash fest with the build at the time of my last post, this newish one is alright so far. Things get choppy fast and the input is a real pain. That is about as good as I have it. Alternate market works, wifi is good, and its chugging along.

long press home and press the three-bar onscreen button to close running apps.
also fast reboot off market is very handy to manually clear ram. heard about that one from andyopie150, like it.

captaincrook

Sep 17, 2010
Ya the main issue is just generally its a bit slow. I'm not trying to be one of those people who dog the ROM cause devs sibt human but this is just what I have experienced. I know our SOC came out when Moses was around so I'm not expecting miracles. I'm not sure if you guys have more planned or not but its really neat how efficient the phone is on 4.4 and if it was to get faster it'd be amazing.

The keyboard, can you guys adjust the size values? Its microscopic! Hacker's Keyboard fits the bill in the meantime.

skinbark

Nov 25, 2013
Dubuque, IA
Ya the main issue is just generally its a bit slow. I'm not trying to be one of those people who dog the ROM cause devs sibt human but this is just what I have experienced. I know our SOC came out when Moses was around so I'm not expecting miracles. I'm not sure if you guys have more planned or not but its really neat how efficient the phone is on 4.4 and if it was to get faster it'd be amazing.

The keyboard, can you guys adjust the size values? Its microscopic! Hacker's Keyboard fits the bill in the meantime.
For now I can just suggest the usual speed-up stuff - turn off animations, ksm, cpu/governor etc. There may be some build.prop tweaks you could use, and I'm expectiing zram support to be enabled soon. Crossbreeder might be something else to try. If we could get ART going it might help some but I don't know if that's likely. I probably won't try to tweak the stock keyboard, there's plenty of alternatives available.

Trozzul

Jun 21, 2012
Seattle
tried flashing this on my optimus V and i got a error when i was flashing it, error 7 i think it was, i used the CWM you wanted us to use but it made it so that i couldnt boot into recovery.

bigsupersquid

Sep 22, 2010
BFE, MO
Google Pixel 4a 5G

Any information is a good thing, positive or negative. Harmonia with the Xionia kernel fairly flies speed-wise, but everything since that seems to choke my phone somewhat. And Mirage is the best Gingerbread available... but I enjoy the extra features more than the speed, which is what keeps me trying for the bleeding edge.
(example: the double-tap-hold-and-slide to zoom is built in all over 4.4, in 4.2 I only saw that in Maps.)
ART may or may not happen. I have to learn more thumb assembly to fix it. My decent class for school this session (the easy one since I did 8088 back in 1991) is x86 assembly. Doesn't apply, but maybe I can get more parallell info from it. There's lots of good info out on the net with minimal searching as well, but not much if any on downconversion of thumb2 to thumb1 code. I found enough to fix a few files but there's still more to go. I'd be impressed with myself if I got that to run.

CrossBreeder
seems to work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11 KitKat for Optimus S/V

This is a basic CyanogenMod 11 rom for the Optimus S/V. It has NOT been tested extensively and I take NO responsibility for any bricked phones, data loss or damages that occur as a result of flashing any version of this rom. It requires ClockWorkMod 6.0.4.5 or later, or TWRP 2.6.3 or later, in order to flash.

What works:

• Phone calling (ZVH and ZVJ radios require a patch)
    • Wifi
    • Mobile data (thanks to thekraven)
    • USB tethering
    • Camera
    • USB mass storage, MTP
    What's broken:

• Bluetooth
    • Wifi tethering
    • SELinux
    • You tell me

CWM 6.0.4.6 can be found in the rom directory. Flash Skinny_4.4_Gapps.zip after flashing the rom to get Play Store and Google Sync. Other Gapps will probably be too big to fit on /system.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/nfgfef6qpril7/CM11

Contributors:

• skinbark
    • bigsupersquid
    • thekraven

Special thanks to the CyanogenMod and androidarmv6 teams, also gu5t3r for GOptimize.
    CM11 KitKat os2sd Version:

cm-11-20140116-thunderc-skinbark-sd.zip is a version of CM11 which is designed to run off your sd card.
    To use this version:
    1) create and format 3 ext4 partitions following the fat32 partition on your sd card (use gparted not a windows partitioning tool)
    • /data - at least 256 mb (512 mb or more recommended)
    • /system - at least 256 mb
    • /cache - at least 256 mb
    2) format /boot in cwm
    3) install cm-11-20140104-thunderc-sd.zip
    4) install Skinny_4.4_Gapps-sd.zip and reboot

Known Issues (in addition to those in post #1):

• formatting/backup/restore issues
    • possible reduced performance (older/slower sd cards)
    • reduced battery life (?)

Add wipe zips to a folder on your sd card and flash them from recovery to clear external /data, /system, /cache, or all three.
    CWM_6.0.4.6-thunderc-sd.zip is a special version of CWM for os2sd that should only be used if you understand how it works.This version of CWM is not necessary to flash the os2sd rom. See this post for more info about recovery issues with this rom.
    A Class 10 microSD card is recommended for best performance.
    Power off or reboot to recovery before removing sd card.
    os2sd mod courtesy of bigsupersquid

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/dj2d4vpp0hzvb/CM11sd
    Warning: This is a highly experimental setup and a work-in-progress. You should have adb installed and know how to use it, along with the flash_image command, before attempting this install. If you have trouble installing this and are unsure how to resolve the problem ask for help on this thread. I take no responsibility for bricked devices, data loss or any other damages resulting from the use of this software. USE AT YOUR RISK.
    I uploaded new standard and os2sd builds with data fix.
    cm-11-20140104-thunderc-skinbark.zip
    Link in post #1
    cm-11-20140104-thunderc-sd.zip
    Link in post #2

Any information is a good thing, positive or negative. Harmonia with the Xionia kernel fairly flies speed-wise, but everything since that seems to choke my phone somewhat. And Mirage is the best Gingerbread available... but I enjoy the extra features more than the speed, which is what keeps me trying for the bleeding edge.
    (example: the double-tap-hold-and-slide to zoom is built in all over 4.4, in 4.2 I only saw that in Maps.)
    ART may or may not happen. I have to learn more thumb assembly to fix it. My decent class for school this session (the easy one since I did 8088 back in 1991) is x86 assembly. Doesn't apply, but maybe I can get more parallell info from it. There's lots of good info out on the net with minimal searching as well, but not much if any on downconversion of thumb2 to thumb1 code. I found enough to fix a few files but there's still more to go. I'd be impressed with myself if I got that to run.

CrossBreeder
    seems to work.
    I uploaded a new 'OS2SD' rom with special recovery, gapps and virgin fix:
    cm-11-20140101-thunderc-sd.zip
    CWM_6.0.4.6-thunderc-sd.zip
    Skinny_4.4_Gapps-sd.zip
    Virgin-fix-CM11-sd.zip
    Link in post #2. Happy New Year!