Serial Number Unkown

Search This thread

SonicTab

Nov 25, 2010
One thing to add...
not only did my Prime come with an unknown serial,
I could not even turn it on without plugging it in,
battery was extremely low in the red out of the box.

Seemed unusual, are all the primes batteries shipped like that?

RichMD

Jan 8, 2011
CT
Same here... reset 4 times with no difference.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I bought mine from Gamestop and I don't have a serial number as well and no OTA updates either.
    I was on .27 when I receieved my prime on the 28th. I ran the updater many times and it told me that tehre was no update available. So I found out that I can update it by going to Asus support. So I downloaded the .29 update from the website and installed it. Now since the .33 has been out for about 2 days now and mine still doesn't see an update. It seems to me like the people w/o serial numbers are getting f@cked!
    Where can one spot a first glance telltale sign of a missing serialnumber (android noob, sorry)?
    Im picking mine up tomorrow and I dont want to deal with a "ghost" prime. ;)

In the settings, bottom choice is "about tablet" then Status.
    It doesn't match the s/n on the sticker on the back of my prime...

Mmh ok, thanks for the information. I'll keep investigating
    Well, just got off the phone with Asus. The guy I talked to said that they were aware of the issue, and that a downloadable fix was on the way, that would actually correct the underlying issue making the serial display correctly, which presumably would make all the corresponding issues (no ICS, no root, etc.) dissappear. He couldn't give a time frame for the fix though, so take that information with a grain of salt.