[Recovery/Bootstrap] Atrix 2 Bootstrap Recovery

Search This thread

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Has anyone successfully flashed any zip files with this yet? I have tried 3 ROMs and ALL of them throw a status 0, I know these are good, because I built them and tested them with another utility, that I can't share the exact info here as yet, it is a hacked version of CWM for the ATRIX 2 though.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

I installed the bootstrap from the Atrix 2 Bootstrap APK, after installing the file I hit the Bootstrap Recovery button, it said Success. After thatI hit Reboot Recovery and it rebooted into CWM like it's supposed to. My problem is it cannot mount my SDCard. I tried mounting the Card manually but it returned a "SDCard Mount error". I have a 32 GB class 4 card (Kingston). I also tried installing the Bootstrap several times, but no luck. Any ideas?

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
I installed the bootstrap from the Atrix 2 Bootstrap APK, after installing the file I hit the Bootstrap Recovery button, it said Success. After thatI hit Reboot Recovery and it rebooted into CWM like it's supposed to. My problem is it cannot mount my SDCard. I tried mounting the Card manually but it returned a "SDCard Mount error". I have a 32 GB class 4 card (Kingston). I also tried installing the Bootstrap several times, but no luck. Any ideas?

I have had a ton of bugs with the bootstrap. I stopped using it. This version of the bootstrap is NOT the same version of CWM that Koush has in the market, I am not sure of the exact difference, but there are things that this version just does not work well with, especially udater-scripts, and certain parts of ROM flashing with certain calls in it don't work right, this reminds me of issues that I had on some older versions of CWM.

I have hacked my version of a way to get to the bootloader from safestrap, and it allows me to use my purchased version of CWM correctly. I can not post this or really even use it this way since it really is someone else's work, that I just modified to work on the Atrix 2, and turn on off the use of the safestrap part, so that it is just like CWM.

How do you remove the bootstrap? I still cannot use my sdcard in recovery...want to try installing again or trying a different method.

here ya go

[Removing CWM on Boot]
1) Delete file /system/bin/mot_boot_mode
2) Rename file /system/bin/mot_boot_mode.bin to /system/bin/mot_boot_mode

[Removing CWM Recovery]
1) Delete file /system/bin/logwrapper
2) Delete file /system/bin/hijack
3) Rename file /system/bin/logwrapper.bin to /system/bin/logwrapper
4) Delete directory /preinstall/recovery

Thanks a billion!!!

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

@ mtnlion

Are you using the Razrbootstrap or the Atrix2bootstrap in step one of J.Y Daddy's stript install? I tried it using the Atrix2bootstrap and it still will not mount my sdcard to install the script from the sdcard as per the instructions.

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Thanks a billion!!!

---------- Post added at 04:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

@ mtnlion

Are you using the Razrbootstrap or the Atrix2bootstrap in step one of J.Y Daddy's stript install? I tried it using the Atrix2bootstrap and it still will not mount my sdcard to install the script from the sdcard as per the instructions.

It sounds to me, that you either have something corrupt, or missing, or possibly a bad SDcard. Try doing a reinstall, by using the fxz, don't take a backup, and format your SDcard from the phone, after the fxz install. Of course save your data from the SDcard to your computer first. The reason not to do a backup of your data, is that the issue might be in there someplace, and you might restore the issue that you backed up. Then after all of that try re-installing the bootstrap. If that does not work it is most likely your SDcard.

hchris24

Apr 8, 2011
I used cwm to flash supercharged atrix version 3 used it for a few weeks wanted to go to version 4 but no longer can boot into cwm through bootstrap also no longer have root. tried the one click root process again it said it worked but did not so im stuck any help would be phenomenal thanks in advance

farshad525hou

Dec 13, 2011
Massachusetts
I used cwm to flash supercharged atrix version 3 used it for a few weeks wanted to go to version 4 but no longer can boot into cwm through bootstrap also no longer have root. tried the one click root process again it said it worked but did not so im stuck any help would be phenomenal thanks in advance
The way I would go about fixing that would be to flash the fastboot files, which will get you back to factory settings, and then root, install safestrap, and flash the stock deodexed rom FIRST, then flash the supercharged rom. Remember flash the stock deodexed rom FIRST!!! There might be an easier way, but thats what comes to mid for me. :)

Reactions: hchris24

hchris24

Apr 8, 2011
flashing fastboot

thanks for the input much appreciated i found rsd lite 5.6 now scouring for a rsd lite flashable zip to return to stock will let u know how it goes thanks again

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
thanks for the input much appreciated i found rsd lite 5.6 now scouring for a rsd lite flashable zip to return to stock will let u know how it goes thanks again

Check out the beginners thread it has everything you need. You will need a computer to run RSD lite and the one click method for root.

Reactions: hchris24

hchris24

Apr 8, 2011
well back to stock but no longer can get stock deodex rom to start again lol but have supercharged v4 bummer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a bootstrap recovery for the Atrix 2. It is based off of Koush's bootstrap for the Droid Bionic and modified for the Atrix 2. I do not own an Atrix 2 but everything should work!

Flash at your own risk! Enjoy!

Download: http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ec...Recovery-Bootstrap-Atrix-2-Bootstrap-Recovery

Steps to use bootstrap:
    1. Install the Atrix2Bootstrap.apk
    2. Select "Bootstrap Recovery"
    3. Superuser will prompt for permissions
    4. Select "Reboot Recovery"

When the phone reboots it will boot up into Clockworkmod Recovery.
    I Was about to ask that. Could you please make a mirror?

LIFE! Enjoy it while you Still have it!

Atrix 2 Bootstrap:

here you go --> Mirror
    Updated the OP to change to my new download link. I updated my site and it changed all the download URLs.
    awesome

here goes nothing, lol
    How do you remove the bootstrap? I still cannot use my sdcard in recovery...want to try installing again or trying a different method.

here ya go

[Removing CWM on Boot]
    1) Delete file /system/bin/mot_boot_mode
    2) Rename file /system/bin/mot_boot_mode.bin to /system/bin/mot_boot_mode

[Removing CWM Recovery]
    1) Delete file /system/bin/logwrapper
    2) Delete file /system/bin/hijack
    3) Rename file /system/bin/logwrapper.bin to /system/bin/logwrapper
    4) Delete directory /preinstall/recovery