[KERNEL][Xperia S] Advanced Stock Kernel with Recovery {GB} [Rel:v01][Dt:05/MAY]

Search This thread

chesterr

Nov 27, 2010
Galle
Just wanted to tell, two random reboots while I was downloading some apps from market and one I'm currently in China and I use vpn to get the full access,

hylu

Oct 19, 2007
Taipei
Thanks for the hard work.
Will the source codes be available in github? :)

cheers.

Last edited:

arc_u

Oct 25, 2011
Hi Doom, would you include some governor in future release, like smartassV2, interactive etc...

Sent from my LT26i using telepathy

nl2008

Jul 17, 2008
i am testing this kernel at the moment and camera focus is there mate... can u elaborate what is it that u find missing? may be a screenshot?

When pressing camera button, it doesn't focus the image and can not take the photo. The only way to take the photo is to touch the screen. Even when changing the settings to either button or touch screen to take photo option !

Mano1982

May 17, 2010
Oslo
When pressing camera button, it doesn't focus the image and can not take the photo. The only way to take the photo is to touch the screen. Even when changing the settings to either button or touch screen to take photo option !

Which Rom? :) Cause i am using this kernel and take photos with camera button without any problem :)

nl2008

Jul 17, 2008
Which Rom? :) Cause i am using this kernel and take photos with camera button without any problem :)

using original SG (singapore) ROM. Its definitely the kernel problem cause when i flash back the original rom with original kernel. The problems are gone !!! The original kernel still better than the rest !

Mano1982

May 17, 2010
Oslo
using original SG (singapore) ROM. Its definitely the kernel problem cause when i flash back the original rom with original kernel. The problems are gone !!! The original kernel still better than the rest !

Ok, i am on another ROM, Butterfly ROM which is actually based on stock :) This kernel is wroking fine with Butterfly ROM :)

brim4brim

May 4, 2011
Hi,

I flashed this and I'm having an issue, maybe unrelated.

I can't do usb debugging with the device. Typing adv devices shows empty list.

In fact, it won't show in other devices in my computer unless I enable USB debugging and then it took ages for windows to install an mtp device driver which seems to be something to interact with Windows media player.

Same with Flash Tool, it says connected but USB debugging not enabled when it is enabled.

Anyway, I'm trying to debug my android application from eclipse and can't so if anybody knows a trick, let me know. My machine is running Vista but it is work machine so can't change that.

edit--

I've tried it on Windows 7 machine and it works there so it is definitely Vista causing my issue.

Last edited:

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune

i tested it again and all is fine mate...

soft press on the camera button focuses the image/preview... and hard press takes the snapshot/photo...

Reactions: kurnage

optik19918

Jan 3, 2012
München
hi Doom i tested and works all fine except apps like titanium backup pro don't freeze and unfreeze apps, i'm on .73 firmware

optik19918

Jan 3, 2012
München
Had the same problem. Shut-down your XPS and start again. It should be fine now. If it still fails, reflash again.

Thanks for the tip but i flashed 5 or 6 times i dont remember and still nothing i think is a problem of my system not kernel related but the stock one works, idk what to do any advices?

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    so here is a Advanced Stock Kernel for stock Sony FW 6.0.A.3.62/.67/.73... all the features in this and TONS more are there in my DooMKernel... this is ment for those users who want standard stock kernel with integrated recovery...

the main kernel zImage is from stock .62 kernel sources without any changes only the ramdisk has changes and some awesome features!!

DO NOT USE THIS KERNEL ON CyanogenMod ROM, IT WONT WORK!!

[ disclaimer ]

I AM NOT TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF U DAMAGE UR PHONE / SPILL UR COFFEE / MISS UR ALARMS / ANY OTHER CALAMITY/MISHAP

[ features ]

• [v01 onwards] added my DooMRecovery v04
    • [v01 onwards] added support for init.d scripts (/system/etc/init.d)
    • [v01 onwards] added support for userinit scripts:
      • if sd-ext is mounted then it will execute /sd-ext/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /sd-ext/userinit.d/ folder
      • also scripts in /data/local/ will be executed... it will execute /data/local/userinit.sh & shell scripts in /data/local/userinit.d/ folder
    • [v01 onwards] autorooting (prerooted)
      • su binary & superuser.apk will automatically be installed by kernel :D
      • busybox (1.18.4) gets installed at /system/xbin/
    • [v01 onwards] insecure ramdisk
      • ramdisk is insecure (ro.secure=0)
      • adb server is persistent
      • usb debugging enabled
      • rootfs and /system mounted as rw

[ requirements ]

• stock Sony 6.0.A.3.62/.67/.73 FW
    • bootloader unlocked
    • working fastboot

[ how to install this kernel ]

1. download the kernel.elf
    2. save the it in the folder with fastboot binaries (fastboot.exe files)
    3. power down device
    4. start device in fastboot mode
    5. use the following command to flash the kernel.elf
      Code:
      fastboot flash boot kernel.elf
    6. reboot phone and enjoy the kernel ;)

Incase you are installing this over kernel other than stock, you may run into wifi not working issue... in that case flash the wifi modules for stock kernel via recovery to get it working again...

OR

download the recovery flashable package and use it to flash kernel along with wifi modules

[ donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ downloads ]

[Xperia S] Advanced Stock Kernel (FW: .62/.67/.73 ) [RECOVERY FLASHABLE PACKAGE]
    [ MD5HASH: 7024aaa572bb18f51776aef0fbfae9c3 ]

icon8.gif

cheers!
    Is it possible to flash this kernel on Xperia acro hd?
    I mean will it work?

i would not recommend cross flashing...

but if u have the original kernel.sin for ur firmware then u can try flashing this kernel
    Coming from #9001 kernel, after flashing this advanced stock kernel, WIFI doesn't work anymore. any advices? :(

EDIT:
    memo to myself, read the first post!
    Update.zip found xD
    Thanks for the hard work.
    Will the source codes be available in github? :)

cheers.

this is stock kernel!

download the tar-ball from Sony dev blog... or watch/fork my official kernel sources git repo...

here:
    https://github.com/DooMLoRD/Xperia-2012-Official-Kernel-Sources/tree/6.0.A.3.62
    Links still not working?