Firmware Atrix 2 AT&T ICS 4.0.4 by "Firmware Team"

Search This thread

sola fide

Jun 8, 2009
Texas
Just double checking - Anyone verified this yet?

I hate to be skeptical but the AT&T ICS release was in September if I remember correctly. However these files inside the zip file have a modified date of August. Not being picky or accusing....just making sure.

Many thanks to those who have the skills and knowledge to put in the time to work on this device.

Axis_Drummer

Aug 21, 2012
Atlanta, GA

I hate to be skeptical but the AT&T ICS release was in September if I remember correctly. However these files inside the zip file have a modified date of August. Not being picky or accusing....just making sure.

Many thanks to those who have the skills and knowledge to put in the time to work on this device.

Ok wait, did you have the ICS leak from Jim, or official ICS? Just making sure I didn't miss something from your other post.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

deveshmanish

Sep 22, 2012
New Delhi
OnePlus 7T
Google Pixel 6

And the date would have been Fri Aug 31 right?? Just so you know that is the build date of official ICS so no worries there.

sola fide

Jun 8, 2009
Texas
Ok wait, did you have the ICS leak from Jim, or official ICS? Just making sure I didn't miss something from your other post.

I have the official OTA ICS leak from AT&T. And now my phone won't let me do a Factory Reset.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

And the date would have been Fri Aug 31 right?? Just so you know that is the build date of official ICS so no worries there.

I gotcha, I didn't think that far. It's been a long day and my brain has been fried. But yeah, obviously Moto would compile the files before the actual release date. :p

Axis_Drummer

Aug 21, 2012
Atlanta, GA
@sola: If you got on ICS from this thread here
then you should use the fxz from that thread.

If you got the official ICS OTA from AT&T, use the fxz here.

However someone just posted above that this fxz will work for leak 1..

But, better safe than sorry..

Reactions: sola fide

Skandranen

Jan 3, 2012
Joliet, IL
correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the fxz change the boot loader to whatever the bootloader should be according to 4.0.4 ota

Edit: just disregard that I wasn't thinking that's because the whole problem in the first place was the bootloader issue

Sent from my TI 99 in basic

Last edited:

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't the fxz change the boot loader to whatever the bootloader should be according to 4.0.4 ota

Edit: just disregard that I wasn't thinking that's because the whole problem in the first place was the bootloader issue

Sent from my TI 99 in basic

Yeah, no you are correct, but only for going backward to 2.3.6/2.3.5 is that an issue. Again you are correct that the 4.0.4 fxz has all the BL files and just flashes over the ones you have using the fxz xml file. The one thing for EVERYONE to still remember is that you still can not go backward after taking the OTA and or the 4.0.4 fxz, so NO it trying or you will brick, and yes we have seen many of those from people trying.

Reactions: fauna

sola fide

Jun 8, 2009
Texas
@sola: If you got on ICS from this thread here
then you should use the fxz from that thread.

If you got the official ICS OTA from AT&T, use the fxz here.

However someone just posted above that this fxz will work for leak 1..

But, better safe than sorry..

Thanks Axis_Drummer, makes more sense now. Wish they would have uploaded to xda....But can't have cake and eat it too eh? ;)

A2Trip

Mar 2, 2012
Silver Lake, WI.
Used this, this morning (for the hell of it) to get a clean slate again. Worked PERFECT. THANKS A TON! Us A2 owners are very greatful! :thumbup:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1351628768137.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1351628768137.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 560

sola fide

Jun 8, 2009
Texas
Used this, this morning (for the hell of it) to get a clean slate again. Worked PERFECT. THANKS A TON! Us A2 owners are very greatful! :thumbup:

Good to know, thanks for reporting! The Community at work again! Even what Moto can't provide (or won't provide) we'll prevail and figure out on our own. And by "We" I mean the Devs and those dedicated to Q&A for the newbies. Sometimes I don't even fit into that categoryl; but sometimes when time permits I try to help the lost ones. :silly:

Neontc

Aug 10, 2012
Think this will work coming from leak 1?

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    "FIRMWARE TEAM"
    Presents:

35033553_OVR_620x433.png

Original Ice Cream Sandwich Fastboot Files para Atrix 2 MB865 AT&T

Android 4.0.4 ---- 67.21.125.MB865.ATT.en.US

6.7.2-226-EDICS-10

DOWNLOAD
    I put together a little batch file package for flashing this without RSDLite in Windows. Download it here: restore-to-ics_win-batch.zip

Just extract the contents to your FXZ folder (with all the rest of your InlineFlashing_Edison files), boot into fastboot, connect usb, double-click the "restore-to-ics.bat" and follow the prompts.

It was made for and tested on the AT&T 4.0.4 FXZ found here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/InlineFlashing_Edison_67.21.125_CFC_P3_APBP.xml.zip - but should work with the other firmwares if they have the same items in the fxz package.. if not, edit the .bat file as needed.

Thanks/credits to jimbridgman for the original scripts.

Note: I am not responsible for what happens to your phone.

EDIT 2013-01-31: Attached a batch file to flash system.img only (it will wipe user data also - remove those lines from the script if you want to keep data - but not always a good thing depending on what rom you are coming from). It's useful if that's all you need to "repair", which is like 99.8% of the time for me.
    Remove the .txt suffix from the attachment and drop it in your fxz folder along with the files from the restore-to-ics_win-batch.zip above. Connect in fastboot mode, and double-click restore-ics-system-only.bat and follow the prompts.
    Here is a link to my drive account. Its the inline flashing file. Use with rsdlite 6+
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwlLio1DOFWCdkloTXVreGlGeVU/edit?usp=docslist_api

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    The one in the OP, please.

My dropbox is taking forever to upload the file tonight. Not sure what's going on with my internet. I'll let it upload over night and post a link tomorrow.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Well I was still up working on something and the upload completed. Here is a mirror from my dropbox account to the "Firmware Team" AT&T 4.0.4 FXZ from the OP of this thread.

Dropbox File Click Here

MD5: 2bf9ccd528c05d26523acc5b38ac76c6

Hope this helps. (If it stops working someone PM me and I can also add it to box.net)

Dec 19, 2012 -
    Dropbox has notified me that my public links are disabled for 3 days due to heavy traffic. Currently not sure if this link is going to work or not. Will update when I have time to look into it, but probably not until tomorrow.