[APP][UPDATER]CyanDelta Updater(BETA): Perfect CyanogenMod Updater

Search This thread
Hi All :)
I want to share you an Amazing and Perfect Cyanogenmod Updater App
CyanDelta Updater

Tired of download 200 MB everyday to get your latest CM nightly?

CyanDelta lets you update your CyanogenMod ROM by downloading just a small delta file (about 10 MB) instead of a big full zip file each time. With CyanDelta you can finally update your ROM in just some minutes even with a slow and expensive 2G or 3G connection!

CyanDelta is a perfect “CM Updater” and “ROM Manager” replacement, since it can notify you when new updates are available and it can also automatically install the new zips via recovery.

Main features:
✓ Security: all downloaded data is digitally signed by us to prevent manomissions.
✓ Recovery zip install: it can automatically reboot to recovery, install the ROM zip and other additional zips (kernel, modem...), wipe dalvik cache and reboot (requires root)
✓ Update notification: when a ROM update is available, CyanDelta will notify you!
✓ High efficiency deltas: it uses the RFC3284 VCDIFF algorithm and some magic to produce really small deltas.
✓ Supports TWRP and CWM-based recovery (but not the closed-source ClockworkMod, since it's locked down by its author to only work with ROM Manager). If you have an unsupported recovery just manually install the zips generated by CyanDelta.
✓ Supports all official CyanogenMod ROMs and devices listed in http://get.cm

============================================

How to use CyanDelta Updater:
1. Download CM Nightly From get.cm
2. Install CyanDelta Updater from Play Store
3. Tap "No Zip Selected" and pick the CM Nightly that you downloaded before
Screenshot_2012-10-21-20-30-17.jpg
4. "Verifing And Importing zip.. " Progress bar, wait until 100%
Screenshot_2012-10-22-04-46-25.jpg
5. After that, CyanDelta will save your CM Nightly
Screenshot_2012-10-21-07-06-16.jpg

If There is any update:

1. CyanDelta will give the notification about new CM Nightly
2. Tap the button under "Available Updates"
Screenshot_2012-10-23-14-49-50.jpg
3. It will be Download the delta files
Screenshot_2012-10-23-14-58-36.jpg
4. You can Tap "Install Zip" to flash the zip
Screenshot_2012-10-23-15-01-17.jpg
Notes: if you tap "Install Zip", it will be automatically reboot to Recovery mode, flash the update, and reboot automatically

If you want to update your CM ROM with another flashable zip
Just:
1.Open CyanDelta
2.Settings
3.Install additional zip after ROM

Download CyanDelta Updater[Play Store]

This isn't my app, i'm not the developer of this app, i just share this app info to you

Last edited:

jeozme

Oct 22, 2008
after flashing from app I get bootloop. two times already. need to odin devil kernel, then i can access my phone again. i did the upgrade from stock cm10, i9000

after flashing from app I get bootloop. two times already. need to odin devil kernel, then i can access my phone again. i did the upgrade from stock cm10, i9000

I have recommend to flash the zip manually, you see the OP
Epic4g user had bootloop too if automatically flash

But I don't know for other devices, it bootloop or not

Try to flash zip again from recovery ;)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: barvna and jeozme

mattman83

Jan 19, 2011
Brisbane
Hey,
Great looking app, love the delta feature. A quick little question... if you leave the app to automatically check for updates, will it also automatically reboot to flash the rom after? It's not clear in the app itself and my device won't work like this (need to manually flash boot.img). At the moment I am just checking manually.

Would also love to see a "check on wi-fi only" type option, but otherwise great work.

M.

Jonae

Jun 11, 2012
great app

I have using this app on my Galaxy S with CM10 for a few days now. I update the zip and i install imedialty and no BOOTLOOP. I dont use "install zip" option.

knedlyk

Jul 15, 2008
L'viv
Yesterday I decided to check how Install zip feature works on my Galaxy S with the cm10 20121021. So, I choosed installing external zip file after upgrading the main ROM. It was Semaphore kernel. Next I pushed sync, it synced, then pushed update button, it downloaded deltas, then reboot and updating from CWM automatically. All operations went smoothly, Semaphore kernel was installed right after the rom, then reboot, few minutes of semaphore logo show, then cm circle and that's it! No boot loops. Maybe I'm just simply lucky...

Надіслано з мого Samsung GT-I9000.

Hey,
Great looking app, love the delta feature. A quick little question... if you leave the app to automatically check for updates, will it also automatically reboot to flash the rom after? It's not clear in the app itself and my device won't work like this (need to manually flash boot.img). At the moment I am just checking manually.

Would also love to see a "check on wi-fi only" type option, but otherwise great work.

M.

No, it will not automatically reboot to flash your zip
Its automatically flash if you tap "install zip"

I have using this app on my Galaxy S with CM10 for a few days now. I update the zip and i install imedialty and no BOOTLOOP. I dont use "install zip" option.

if you manually flash the delta package, no problem

from another app like Rom Manager, or goo.I'm, maybe it can flashed correctly.

Yesterday I decided to check how Install zip feature works on my Galaxy S with the cm10 20121021. So, I choosed installing external zip file after upgrading the main ROM. It was Semaphore kernel. Next I pushed sync, it synced, then pushed update button, it downloaded deltas, then reboot and updating from CWM automatically. All operations went smoothly, Semaphore kernel was installed right after the rom, then reboot, few minutes of semaphore logo show, then cm circle and that's it! No boot loops. Maybe I'm just simply lucky...

Надіслано з мого Samsung GT-I9000.

Wow, how lucky you are
But I'm not CWM user, I'm TWRP user, so I flashed the delta manually

The_Wolf91

Feb 15, 2012
Wow, it's amazing!!! It worked perfectly on my SGS-I9000, finally I can download a small zip and install a custom Kernel, right after, automatically!!
Never had a bootloop on CWM. :)

Jonae

Jun 11, 2012
For some devices it gives bootloop. I wil try it next time.

Sent from my GT-I9000

elite_gamer04

Oct 30, 2006
Currently running the the cm-10-20121024-NIGHTLY-i9300 for my Galaxy S3, heard about this fantastic app and figured I would give it a whirl. Installed, pointed it to the 24th Zip, it found the latest Nightly (27th) and downloaded accordingly - so far so good :).

When I went to install though - using the Install Zip button (also gave it a SuperSU zip to install after) - it booted in CWM but failed shortly after (went to quick for me to read).

I then went ahead and installed manually like suggested - went off without a hitch. I just wanted to point out my experience, are you aware of the issue on the GS3 and fixing it, do you need me to provide any logs or anything to help?

Cheers!

Jonae

Jun 11, 2012
I just updated the rom with the ''install zip" option and everything went smooth.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi All :)
    I want to share you an Amazing and Perfect Cyanogenmod Updater App
    CyanDelta Updater

Tired of download 200 MB everyday to get your latest CM nightly?

CyanDelta lets you update your CyanogenMod ROM by downloading just a small delta file (about 10 MB) instead of a big full zip file each time. With CyanDelta you can finally update your ROM in just some minutes even with a slow and expensive 2G or 3G connection!

CyanDelta is a perfect “CM Updater” and “ROM Manager” replacement, since it can notify you when new updates are available and it can also automatically install the new zips via recovery.

Main features:
    ✓ Security: all downloaded data is digitally signed by us to prevent manomissions.
    ✓ Recovery zip install: it can automatically reboot to recovery, install the ROM zip and other additional zips (kernel, modem...), wipe dalvik cache and reboot (requires root)
    ✓ Update notification: when a ROM update is available, CyanDelta will notify you!
    ✓ High efficiency deltas: it uses the RFC3284 VCDIFF algorithm and some magic to produce really small deltas.
    ✓ Supports TWRP and CWM-based recovery (but not the closed-source ClockworkMod, since it's locked down by its author to only work with ROM Manager). If you have an unsupported recovery just manually install the zips generated by CyanDelta.
    ✓ Supports all official CyanogenMod ROMs and devices listed in http://get.cm

============================================

How to use CyanDelta Updater:
    1. Download CM Nightly From get.cm
    2. Install CyanDelta Updater from Play Store
    3. Tap "No Zip Selected" and pick the CM Nightly that you downloaded before
    Screenshot_2012-10-21-20-30-17.jpg
    4. "Verifing And Importing zip.. " Progress bar, wait until 100%
    Screenshot_2012-10-22-04-46-25.jpg
    5. After that, CyanDelta will save your CM Nightly
    Screenshot_2012-10-21-07-06-16.jpg

If There is any update:

1. CyanDelta will give the notification about new CM Nightly
    2. Tap the button under "Available Updates"
    Screenshot_2012-10-23-14-49-50.jpg
    3. It will be Download the delta files
    Screenshot_2012-10-23-14-58-36.jpg
    4. You can Tap "Install Zip" to flash the zip
    Screenshot_2012-10-23-15-01-17.jpg
    Notes: if you tap "Install Zip", it will be automatically reboot to Recovery mode, flash the update, and reboot automatically

If you want to update your CM ROM with another flashable zip
    Just:
    1.Open CyanDelta
    2.Settings
    3.Install additional zip after ROM

Download CyanDelta Updater[Play Store]

This isn't my app, i'm not the developer of this app, i just share this app info to you

I have recommend to flash the zip manually, you see the OP
    Epic4g user had bootloop too if automatically flash

But I don't know for other devices, it bootloop or not

Try to flash zip again from recovery ;)

This is awesome....thanks for the info

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app
    Add the warning about Bootloop on OP
    Maybe epic4g and galaxy s had bootloop if tap "Install Zip"

But I don't know about another devices, maybe it works to tap "Install Zip"

For safety, just flash Manually

I just updated the rom with the ''install zip" option and everything went smooth.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Okay, so on galaxy s, it works like a charm, are you use CWM?
    I want to try on my epic, so I know the actually :)