[ROM][NOOK HD+] Unofficial CM10.2.1 Stable w/ TabletUI + ArchiDroid Optimizations

Search This thread

jamus28

Mar 17, 2011
CM10.2.1 Stable* for Nook HD+ (Ovation)

Credit to
-Verygreen and CM team for Ovation's CM10.2
-JustArchi for build optimizations
-Caldair for TabletUI patch

In this edition:
--- TabletUI capable. Caldair's patch stopped working after nightly Dec 5, 2013. I reverted minor commits to mainly translations and circle battery to allow the patch to succeed:

--- ArchiDroid Optimizations using GCC 4.7
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2754997
The build using GCC 4.8 toolchain would not boot, but all other optimizations remain.

--- 30 media volume steps
--- 0.25x animation speed options under developer settings
--- Tiny reduction to cm10.2 speaker gain to reduce distortion at highest volumes.
--- STABILITY. Not my doing. In my experience, cm10.2 rarely reboots or crashes.
--- Flash videos works well enough

*Technically a June 14 nightly post-stable. However, there have been very few commits since the 10.2.1 stable was released months before.
**Touch fuzz 3x5 and Trim support are already integrated into the CM10.2 kernel. No need to flash an old separate kernel.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
Installation notes:
-Compatible with New and old CWM recovery (no need to downgrade)
1)Format /system AND factory reset (data, cache), then flash ROM zip
2)Flash GAPPs for android 4.3. These work: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2240652 (Use 4.3)
-DO NOT restore system data from CM11
3)First complete a full boot and setup of the rom before installing tabletUI patch

Download ROM: http://d-h.st/jpd

Download TabletUI Patch: http://d-h.st/5Ar
*DO NOT install the tabletUI patch without first completing a full boot and setup of the rom.*
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________​
TIPS
For a permanent menu button, I like to set my nook hardware key to open/close menu.
Xposed modules can do this or you can edit the gpio user key file very easily.
Go to the folder user - > key layouts - > gpio-keys.kl
Edit the file with system rw.
Change the word "HOME" to "MENU". Reboot.

Default trebuchet launcher slow? Try Nova or Apex from store. They work a lot better in my experience.
UPDATE 6/21:
Fixed ExFat support.
Added ROW I/O, Intelliactive CPU governor.
Get flash player below!

Enjoy!
Chrome Pop-up blocker perfect for visiting Dev-Host

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-15-11-11-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-15-11-11-48.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 2,876
  • install_flash_player_81.apk
    4.5 MB · Views: 480
Last edited:

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006

Installation notes:
"Assert" line has been removed from the updater script to allow compatibility with the kitkat recoveries.
You are going to be sorry you did that if someone with an HD gets a hold of this and tries to flash it. It will brick his device.

A better solution is to use the update-binary from a kitkat zip and the assert works.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Overall pretty good so far. Very smooth. Still testing.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Screen can be a bit twitchy, anyone know if there is a fuzz kernel for 10.2?

jpisini

Nov 26, 2011
Weymouth
Was trying an app called map book and it reboots my tablet. Never used it before so it could be an app issue and not a Rom problem but figured I would mention it if someone else wanted to try it.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Free mobile app

jamus28

Mar 17, 2011
You are going to be sorry you did that if someone with an HD gets a hold of this and tries to flash it. It will brick his device.

A better solution is to use the update-binary from a kitkat zip and the assert works.

I see what you're saying, but it's a bit of an exaggeration to say someone will brick. They'll need to boot into recovery and flash a new Rom.
I deleted the line because not everyone has the new kk recovery, and I want it to be compatible with both.

Dr. Marbles touch (3x5 I remember?) fuzz commit is already integrated. If it's laggy for you, maybe try to run a manual trim with lagfix and reboot. Also, the stock launcher is a bit slow, I'd get Nova or similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: laofan and jpisini

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I deleted the line because not everyone has the new kk recovery, and I want it to be compatible with both.
If you did what I said it will be compatible with both new and old recoveries. That way you will not be responsible for causing grief for noob HD users.

The issue is not that the assert line exists, it is because the KK recovery using the older update-binary interpreter from older zips causes the assert statement to fail. If you put a new update-binary from a kk ROM in your ROM then the kk recovery will interpret the assert command correctly and it passes. The beauty is that older recoveries also interpret the assert command correctly using the new kk update-binary.

Last edited:

jamus28

Mar 17, 2011
If you did what I said it will be compatible with both new and old recoveries. That way you will not be responsible for causing grief for noob HD users.

The issue is not that the assert line exists, it is because the KK recovery using the older update-binary interpreter from older zips causes the assert statement to fail. If you put a new update-binary from a kk ROM in your ROM then the kk recovery will interpret the assert command correctly and it passes. The beauty is that older recoveries also interpret the assert command correctly using the new kk update-binary.

I didn't know the new assert line was backwards compatible. I'll upload a new one. Would using the newer update-binary be enough or do I need to alter the update-script as well?

Last edited:
Reactions: jpisini

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
I didn't know the new assert line was backwards compatible. I'll upload a new one. Would using the newer update-binary be enough or do I need to alter the update-script as well?
Just put the original assert line back and put the kk update-binary file in your ROM zip replacing the one that is built with the CM10.2.1.

Reactions: jpisini

jamus28

Mar 17, 2011
Ok done. Thanks for clearing that up.
For those who didn't understand what leapinlar was talking about, don't worry. The ROM is exactly the same. No need to reflash.

Also, since there's some confusion around, I should mention that 3x5 touchfuzz and trim support have been in all cm10.2 nightlies/stables since november 23 and jan 8, respectfully. There's no need to download an old separate kernel from the one of the threads.
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_bn_omap/commits/cm-10.2

NishantM

Sep 20, 2008
Mumbai
Took a break from cm11 due to the aggressive memory management affecting multitasking, and installed this. Pretty solid, smooth and speedy. Great work!

Just found out that my 32gb Samsung MicroSD card formatted with exfat file system doesn't seem to be mounting. It shows up fine in TWRP though.

Last edited:

laofan

Oct 27, 2011
Virginia Beach
This is the exact rom I have been looking for: a solid, smooth, stable rom with optimization.
Even though I jumped boat to 4.4 for one night, but 10.2.1 is my all time favorite! Now with this rom I don't think I would even need to use recovery in the future!

Thank you so much for the work, @jamus28

jamus28

Mar 17, 2011
Took a break from cm11 due to the aggressive memory management affecting multitasking, and installed this. Pretty solid, smooth and speedy. Great work!

Just found out that my 32gb Samsung MicroSD card formatted with exfat file system doesn't seem to be mounting. It shows up fine in TWRP though.

Try this
http://d-h.st/jpd

Haven't had chance to test.
Also added Row I/O scheduler and intelliactive governor options

krsboimo0o0o

Jan 11, 2011
Loving this. One glitch I noticed was with the xposed framework per app settings made my status bar disappear. Odd and probably the fault of the app. But still loving this ROM. Thanks a million! My only request is a menu button in the status bar.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10.2.1 Stable* for Nook HD+ (Ovation)

Credit to
    -Verygreen and CM team for Ovation's CM10.2
    -JustArchi for build optimizations
    -Caldair for TabletUI patch

In this edition:
    --- TabletUI capable. Caldair's patch stopped working after nightly Dec 5, 2013. I reverted minor commits to mainly translations and circle battery to allow the patch to succeed:

--- ArchiDroid Optimizations using GCC 4.7
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2754997
    The build using GCC 4.8 toolchain would not boot, but all other optimizations remain.

--- 30 media volume steps
    --- 0.25x animation speed options under developer settings
    --- Tiny reduction to cm10.2 speaker gain to reduce distortion at highest volumes.
    --- STABILITY. Not my doing. In my experience, cm10.2 rarely reboots or crashes.
    --- Flash videos works well enough

*Technically a June 14 nightly post-stable. However, there have been very few commits since the 10.2.1 stable was released months before.
    **Touch fuzz 3x5 and Trim support are already integrated into the CM10.2 kernel. No need to flash an old separate kernel.
    Installation notes:
    -Compatible with New and old CWM recovery (no need to downgrade)
    1)Format /system AND factory reset (data, cache), then flash ROM zip
    2)Flash GAPPs for android 4.3. These work: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2240652 (Use 4.3)
    -DO NOT restore system data from CM11
    3)First complete a full boot and setup of the rom before installing tabletUI patch

Download ROM: http://d-h.st/jpd

Download TabletUI Patch: http://d-h.st/5Ar
    *DO NOT install the tabletUI patch without first completing a full boot and setup of the rom.*
    TIPS
    For a permanent menu button, I like to set my nook hardware key to open/close menu.
    Xposed modules can do this or you can edit the gpio user key file very easily.
    Go to the folder user - > key layouts - > gpio-keys.kl
    Edit the file with system rw.
    Change the word "HOME" to "MENU". Reboot.

Default trebuchet launcher slow? Try Nova or Apex from store. They work a lot better in my experience.
    UPDATE 6/21:
    Fixed ExFat support.
    Added ROW I/O, Intelliactive CPU governor.
    Get flash player below!

Enjoy!
    Chrome Pop-up blocker perfect for visiting Dev-Host
    Ok done. Thanks for clearing that up.
    For those who didn't understand what leapinlar was talking about, don't worry. The ROM is exactly the same. No need to reflash.

Also, since there's some confusion around, I should mention that 3x5 touchfuzz and trim support have been in all cm10.2 nightlies/stables since november 23 and jan 8, respectfully. There's no need to download an old separate kernel from the one of the threads.
    https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_kernel_bn_omap/commits/cm-10.2

Try this
    http://d-h.st/jpd

Haven't had chance to test.
    Also added Row I/O scheduler and intelliactive governor options

I see what you're saying, but it's a bit of an exaggeration to say someone will brick. They'll need to boot into recovery and flash a new Rom.

Dr. Marbles touch (3x5 I remember?) fuzz commit is already integrated. If it's laggy for you, maybe try to run a manual trim with lagfix and reboot. Also, the stock launcher is a bit slow, I'd get Nova or similar.
    I found that the tablet has 12 GB of free space but there seems to be only 6 GB available. Seems that half of the space is lost. Any help would be appreciated.

Are you using Monfro's F2FS version or the original from the first post? He swapped in a kernel that may cause some file system issues.
    Also, that amount of availability may be normal. I don't have my nook to confirm. I use Sdcards and it's been a while since I've checked.