★[8/27] [Casual] [Root, Unlock, Recovery] Vzw S3 Toolkit or 1-Click!![Up to MF1]★

Search This thread

BeansTown106

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
BeanTown USA
So I am also on MF1 used this method and everything went fine saw super SU, this was done yesterday. Just now I had a problem with an app and I manually rebooted the phone, came back with Verizon detected an non-authorized crap message.

I am hoping I can re-flash to stock with Odin and get it back, something obviously is not right.

---------- Post added at 04:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:53 AM ----------

wow, I am glad I was able to get it back with Odin and KIES_HOME_I535VRBMB1_861013_REV09_user_low_ship_NOWIPE.tar.md5

Not doing this again.

you must not have finished the install.. because if u rebooted into recovery then the unlock was succesful. if recovery didnt show up then it wasnt

basically with the newer aboot if u flash a recovery without unlocking you will get the unauthorized message, so as long as it finished and booted into twrp without the unauthorized message you are unlocked as well

tedkord

Feb 14, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Got a replacement S3 three days ago (mine stopped charging correctly). Upgraded it to the latest OTA and ran it stock a couple of days just to be sure it worked OK.

Saw this thread yesterday and downloaded it. First try didn't work, it went through the whole script, said successful, rebooted into stock recovery instead of TWRP. SuperSU was not installed and bl was still locked.

Second time was the charm. Rebooted into TWRP, had root and bl was unlocked. Thanks, Beans.

RedRumy3

Oct 28, 2011
New York
Played around a bit and went to stock and used this all in one and it worked great. Confirm working for me on Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows 8.

Great Job!

Last edited:

MiGaJo

Dec 1, 2011
Many thanks

Wanna say thank you for this! I had my S3 shipped out and got a different one back. I saw this yesterday and it worked like a charm. I did however have to run it twice for it to fully root, unlock, and such. So thanks!!

lazergeek

Jun 7, 2007
I lost root with VRBMF1, rootkeeper did not keep it. I just tried this and it reflashed my revoery but still not root access. Tried twice just in case. Any thoughts?

destinydmm

Jul 11, 2008
Orlando, FL
If some one could help please. I get an error "Could not find the main class: CASUAL.CASUALApp. Program will exit"

If anyone could shed some light on this for me I'd appreciate it. TIA

revlayle

Mar 29, 2010
Tulsa
What version of Java is this running under? I have the JRE 1.6.0.25 running and i get an un supported min.max version exception (v 51.0)

NEVERMIND: looked at the jar's manifest, it is running 1.7, i needed a new JRE

Last edited:

destinydmm

Jul 11, 2008
Orlando, FL
I wound up just doing it the og/long way.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 PM ----------

Did you unpack the file, and change directories by mistake?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I'm sure I didn't unpack it. I downloaded Adam's version and it opened just fine but was for GS3 on ICS. I dl'd again and no dice. So I just went the OG/long way and am rooted, boot unlocked running AOKP 4.2.2 nightlies. :victory:

lmarranzino

Apr 4, 2011
Orange County, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23
I have tried this about 4 times keep getting the Stock Recovery when done, Tried downloading TWRP from Goo manager and I get that great yellow triangle of return to VZ,,,,

Any tips or tricks. New to the VZW use to GSM so this very new..

Eitheway thanks Bean...:cool:

PS. I know my sig shows T999, I just got the VZ version today from work ...

tat2me2

Nov 26, 2007
Gravois Mills
I keep getting this error "Could not find the main class:CASUAL, CASUAL App. Program will exit", I'm not sure what else to try - java is up to date and I'm on Windows 7 Enterprise. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★[8/27] [Casual] [Root, Unlock, Recovery] Vzw S3 Toolkit or 1-Click!![Up to MF1]★

DO NOT USE THIS IF YOU TOOK THE 4.3 UPDATE THIS WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE, THIS IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH FIRMWARES UP TO 4.1.2 MF1

First off BIG Thanks to Adam Outler for making CASUAL and Open sourcing it, and djrbliss for the motochopper root method!

Update: Have now Remade the Casual into more of a AIO Toolkit! Based off of adams initial idea back in the ICS days
    this gives you the option to root, unlock your bootloader, flash a recovery of your choice and there is even reboot to download mode/recovery options :)

Fix's: New version 795b should fix device not shown as connected and misc errors

Disclaimer: This is only for the Verizon S3. DO NOT use this on any model other then the SCH-I535, as always im not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. This most likely will void your warranty.

Instructions to root/unlock/recovery:
    1. enable usb debugging
    2. put usb mode to mtp
    3. Root Your phone with the root option (if you just want root stop here if u want to unlock bootloader and install a custom recovery continue)
    4. verify root works aka go into SuperSu app and update Binary
    5. flash the insecure bootloader (this unlocks the bootloader)
    6. flash custom recovery of your choice (twrp, cwm, cwm touch all included)

Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23060877490002549

Md5sum: 8510cad61525fae9bdf424f9660db39d

11wbrk9.jpg

Credits:
    Adam Outler - CASUAL platform
    Djrbliss - the motochopper root method
    Chainfire - SuperSU
    TeamWin- TWRP
    Koush- Clockworkmod Recoverys

XDA:DevDB Information
    ★[8/27] [Casual] [Root, Unlock, Recovery] Vzw S3 Toolkit or 1-Click!! [Up to MF1]★, a Tool/Utility for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
    beanstown106

Version Information

Created 2013-09-07
    Last Updated 2013-12-22
    One Click Do ALL Casual (older)

First off BIG Thanks to Adam Outler for making CASUAL and Open sourcing it, and djrbliss for the motochopper root method!

*****this method is now obsolete it still works fine but for the most control/stability i suggest using the new casual in the above post*****

Disclaimer: This is only for the Verizon S3 it checks it so dont even try another phone :p, as always im not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. This most likely will void your warranty.

Instructions:
    1. enable usb debugging
    2. plug in usb cable
    3. hit Forget You Verizon(Do It) button
    4. smile - profit within seconds

Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23011596498370911

m8lgev.png

Credits:
    Adam Outler - CASUAL platform
    Djrbliss - the motochopper root method
    Chainfire - SuperSU
    TeamWin- TWRP
    Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Great job Beans. Thanks for letting me test!

Guys, give Beans some love on this. Makes life a lot easier!
    updated casual to more of a toolkit style approach instead of a 1click do all now there is a menu section to pick what you want( for some people that only want root)

if doing all three u need to root first, then flash insecure aboot, then recovery of your choice. should be very self explanatory when looking at the application