Swedish Hardware keyboard and software T9 fully working!

Search This thread

jimmyhawkin

Jul 17, 2008
For all you swedish people that has not yett gotten this to work on WWE roms heres how i got it to work. I was so happy and as i seen no one has yett to post a good explination on how to get BOTH t9 and hardware to work. So here is how. If you follow this list YOU WILL get it to work. AND DO EXACLY as i tell you.

1. Download the latest Nrg rom 2.0 It has the new Manilla and i myself think Nrg does a great work with hes roms. Keeping them upp to date and good speed.
Install this rom then continue to next chapter

2. Download the lang pack so that you can get full swedish support on all menus and so on so forth.
http://xboxmod.totalgamer.org/release/additionnal_language.cab
or from the new manilla thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=493531

3. On your phone Press start then go to Programs / Utilities then run the Keyboard selector program. choose Htc Keyboard.

4. Download the [APP] Scandinavian KB Tool
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=496876&highlight=swedish
Install and run this program. when its upp Select Norwegian. NOT swedish. Restart the Phone and you will be able to type åäö using your hardware keyboard.

5. now open the registry editor and go to [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MUI]
and put in on "CurLang"=41D
this will make whole meny swedish

6. now to make your t9 swedish WITHOUT crewing upp your Hardware keyboard.
go to this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=402121
And download that cab and install it to your phone.

When done go to the T9 config and select swedish.

You have now a phone with full swedish config and a good new rom.

Hope you enjoy this and are as happy as i were when i got this working.

HueMann

Oct 12, 2008
Munka-Ljungby
Nice Work jimmyhawkin!

One Question ... Does this change the complete system to Swedish or Manila only?

Mvh
HueMann i Skåne

Last edited:

jimmyhawkin

Jul 17, 2008
Well manila only for this one but i guess the only thing left to do is change region setting to swedish and you have all fixed :)

Note that with the Nrg rom and the new manila you hardly ever see anything but the manila shell. Depends on what you work with. but for normal uses you hardly ever see anything but manila.

But if you want to go even further then i deskribe change the region setting to swedish.

Last edited:

HueMann

Oct 12, 2008
Munka-Ljungby
I think they have a rule here that only "members" with 1000 posts or more can post..... I've also noticed my posts being removed or Moved to the "Don't Ask Questions!" Thread as well...

Last edited:

mjusfan

Nov 12, 2008
Stockholm
This is amazing

Thanks alot, Jimmy!
I'm actually really satisfied with this ROM, and the manilla is just amazing.
Together with this Swedish pack, it's perfekt, if you don't think about the small manilla bugs, which will probably be fixed by the Xboxmod people.
Huge thanks!

One thing, though; is there any way to make the whole WM6.1 Swedish?

jimmyhawkin

Jul 17, 2008
Google is your friend ;) But i search this time for you.

As it seems sins this rom has a English windows mobile installed. Swedish is not included. So you will have to live without that.

But if you ask me its a small price 2 pay sins its not verry often you digg down that deep in to the system. Normal days use your in Manilla all the time.

So sorry swedish in windows is not possible. But if you want a fast rom with the new manilla this is the way to go. If you want a rom that totaly swedish and frankly made me nuts sins its so slow and ****ty. well then you use the rom icluded on the phone or a shedish rom that can be downloaded here on the forums. but thats the same as the one that comes with the phone.

extrapurifier

Jan 31, 2008
Down Town

kallekanin32

Jun 29, 2009
stockholm
If som one got a hand on the program that are under the brooken link and can put in this thread as an Attached Files, it would be nice:). it looks like several people have the same problems wihte the HW Keyboard.

Nellib

Jun 4, 2009
Here, I have posted the file additionnal_language.cab as an attachment.

Thanks to westw for the URL earlier.

Attachments

• additionnal_language.cab
    6.5 MB · Views: 53

Requiem86

Oct 21, 2008
This solution work's great on my raphael with skandinavian hw keyboar.

wiki.xda-developers.com/index.php?pagename=Raphael_Keyboard

I had to use -Norwegian (Bokmal) 1044 because finnish version did not work.

Now every button's with FN+ funktion works like they should work.