[ROM][AOSP] 4.1.1 JellyBean | Evervolv-Eligo | 3.0.0p2 | 8/26/12

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Well, at first I realized that I had been missing at least one letter of my Google password at least some of the times I had tried signing on from this ROM, and that explains sometimes getting the error that my username and password didn't match, but now with the right info each time it still says:

"Couldn't sign in

Can't establish a reliable connection to the server..." etc etc

I didn't seem to have any problem this time finding and connecting to the same two access points I tried, however. Other things I plan on trying are yet another access point, and then if that fails I'll do a re-wipe and re-flash. Not having any other weird symptoms on this ROM yet though.

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
The ROM isn't accessing my ringtones and notifications, alarms etc that I have in subfolders of the media folder on my SD card. I normally move all the ROM's stock ringtones, notifications etc to my SD card folders to make more room for moving some apps to system/app, and I probably could still do that to the ones I'm not currently using.

Any confirmation? Should I organize where on the SD card I put the sounds differently than before?

Thanks, still running great, BTW! I'll perform my first GPS test(s) today.

jaebond

Dec 22, 2010
The ROM isn't accessing my ringtones and notifications, alarms etc that I have in subfolders of the media folder on my SD card. I normally move all the ROM's stock ringtones, notifications etc to my SD card folders to make more room for moving some apps to system/app, and I probably could still do that to the ones I'm not currently using.

Any confirmation? Should I organize where on the SD card I put the sounds differently than before?

Thanks, still running great, BTW! I'll perform my first GPS test(s) today.

I have my couple in /sdcard/notifications/ and /sdcard/ringtones/ and they get recognized.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I have my couple in /sdcard/notifications/ and /sdcard/ringtones/ and they get recognized.

Thanks, okay I'll move my subfolders of the media folder to the root of the SD card and hopefully that'll work around it for now. I have so many files and folders in the root of my SD card that I hope I can move all those folders back to the media folder eventually.

zoomy942

Jun 5, 2007
Hi!

I just installed this a bit ago to try it out and I noticed that Print Settings isn't listed in the System options?

PZ

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Hi again. I was looking at this video and thought it was an ICS feature. Maybe not and that's okay.

The very last comment from two months ago says:

Gingerbread had that feature

The Eris with unofficial GB never had it. Just from the title of the video "How to Print from DROID Ice Cream Sandwich ICS", I'm guessing that they're referring to a Motorola Droid variety. Every OEM makes their own customizations to the AndroidOS, and that was probably one of them.

I think Google has their own free print service over your Google account, so that you can print from your phone to a printer hooked up to your home PC wirelessly so you can look into that if it would help you do what you want to do.

hellfrozeover

Mar 30, 2011
Wilmington
I really like the interface on this rom. it is slower than death his first time on crutches but look at how well integrated the entire rom is!! on such a jurassic-era phone!! i really like it but my eris is being retired to an ipod touch killer so im gonna just try running TheMP3Rom for a bit, unless you could strip the build and kill the radio. it just doesnt have the processing power to be on Jellybean and run a good graphic eq. I'd love to try your updates as they come. btw, i did find one nuisance thing. I could not get the setcpu widget to install on the homepage. i tried a couple of times and it wouldnt go. i ran it on wifi from my new beast(HTC Rezound baby!!!) and everything was flawless, including the gps. i navigated from work to home to make sure that worked and no problems. let ya know if i find anything else as i dont plan to flash down to froyo for mp3 usage for a couple more days. i like this build a lot. thanks man!!

Last edited:

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I really like the interface on this rom. it is slower than death his first time on crutches but look at how well integrated the entire rom is!! on such a jurassic-era phone!! i really like it but my eris is being retired to an ipod touch killer so im gonna just try running TheMP3Rom for a bit, unless you could strip the build and kill the radio. it just doesnt have the processing power to be on Jellybean and run a good graphic eq. I'd love to try your updates as they come. btw, i did find one nuisance thing. I could not get the setcpu widget to install on the homepage. i tried a couple of times and it wouldnt go. i ran it on wifi from my new beast(HTC Rezound baby!!!) and everything was flawless, including the gps. i navigated from work to home to make sure that worked and no problems. let ya know if i find anything else as i dont plan to flash down to froyo for mp3 usage for a couple more days. i like this build a lot. thanks man!!

I just tried the SetCPU widget, and I can confirm that trying to put it on the default (center) home screen the first time, it appeared briefly and then disappeared. I then put it on the page to the right of the default, center one, and it stayed and worked fine. I was then able to move it back to the original center screen and it's still working.

I then removed it from the screen completely, and put a new SetCPU widget for it in the same place and it stayed. I then removed that one and put a new SetCPU widget somewhere else on the default screen and it stayed, too.

Can a third person confirm any anomalies with SetCPU widgets?

It might be a SetCPU issue if it only occurs with SetCPU.

BTW, do you use any app for increasing your SD card cache from whatever it is by default (512? 128?) to 2048kB? That makes a hell of a speed different with SD card related operations.

The one I've been liking for this ROM is "SD Speed Increase" on the market for free.

Last edited:

MongooseHelix

Aug 29, 2010
Portland, OR, USA
Sorry for being absent as of late. Was working some on the .35 kernel to get the light/proximity sensor going which has just lead to headaches so far. Then extended family coming into town kept me busy, ended up with the flu but now feeling better and will be gone for a wedding tomorrow through Sunday. So after that I'll try getting back to things and seeing what we can improve.

jaebond

Dec 22, 2010
I just tried the SetCPU widget, and I can confirm that trying to put it on the default (center) home screen the first time, it appeared briefly and then disappeared. I then put it on the page to the right of the default, center one, and it stayed and worked fine. I was then able to move it back to the original center screen and it's still working.

I then removed it from the screen completely, and put a new SetCPU widget for it in the same place and it stayed. I then removed that one and put a new SetCPU widget somewhere else on the default screen and it stayed, too.

Can a third person confirm any anomalies with SetCPU widgets?

It might be a SetCPU issue if it only occurs with SetCPU.

BTW, do you use any app for increasing your SD card cache from whatever it is by default (512? 128?) to 2048kB? That makes a hell of a speed different with SD card related operations.

The one I've been liking for this ROM is "SD Speed Increase" on the market for free.

Same with the widget, disappears the first time, sticks the second time.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

klobkelosh

Jan 25, 2011
Phx, AZ
Goose, i can't believe you got jelly bean running on the eris. Gave it a shot today. Other than it being laggy, seemed to work well overall. Camera kept flickering on and off. Mine is deactivated, but was able to successfully place quite a few voip calls with no problems.

But, had to send the eris back to xtrsense for usability. I'll definitely try out future versions

Reactions: MongooseHelix

woodmaster

Jul 8, 2011
What app are you using for voip? I can't get GROOVEIP to work on this rom. I use g.voice for voip...

Sent from my LG-VM670 using xda premium

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
What app are you using for voip? I can't get GROOVEIP to work on this rom. I use g.voice for voip...

I've never had any luck getting Groove IP to work correctly on any ROM I've ever tried on the Eris. Could you tell me what ROM or ROMs you've used it under that it's worked okay for you? Thanks.

I've never had any luck with any other method of VOIP (through the phone) either, but I haven't tried in a while.

klobkelosh

Jan 25, 2011
Phx, AZ
I used csipsimple with this Rom, but it doesn't integrate with Google voice like grooveip does. My voip works through my office phone pbx, so no need for my own phone number. I also use sipdroid when running the eris on xtrsense, it works beautifully.

woodmaster

Jul 8, 2011
Was working for me on GSB4.5...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been on a bit of a vacation from xda but wanted to share some jellybean builds for people that want to try it out.

ROM:
    http://goo.gl/o4T4J
    md5sum: d7f31e0d056f0aa2ed3e7c0fefdd6f9b

GAPPS:
    http://goo.gl/cTJgF
    md5sum: 0ce5eced7f135add4772467b25c7e92c

p2 changelog:
    * gps fixed
    * camera pics fixed(first time opening app will take some time)
    * fix installation of market apps that utilize ASEC(eg SetCPU, TitaniumBackupPro key, etc)
    * homescreen icon spacing fixed
    * screenshots fixed

Some known issues:
    * camcorder & panorama
    * bluetooth
    * headphone jack
    * other things no doubt as this is a preview build

ROM source: Evervolv GitHub
    Kernel source: Conap GitHub (may switch to my .35 kernel later)
    I was also unable to download the files (404)
    using the links from this post
    but I found them here:
    http://dl.evervolv.com/release
    I've installed the ROM and it works great....mostly

anyone still have p2 that can upload it to mediafire or something for me? i'd greatly appreciate it :)

I'm uploading p2 and the GApps I used to use with it (no idea if there's a better one available these days).

They'll be here when they're done uploading in five minutes or so. The MD5s are in the filenames.

Enjoy! Thanks to tjbearman who found the link that used to work for p2, but it doesn't anymore. I couldn't find it anywhere on my computers for some reason, or on my phone, but I downloaded it when tjbearman posted it just in case.
    FYI: taking pics with the camera is now fixed. I updated the additional_fixes zip in the OP with the needed changes since I haven't got around to doing a full build to release as p2 yet.

Oh and the spacing of icons on the homescreen will be fixed in the next build also. Forgot to add the updated Launcher2.apk to the additional_fixes zip though. The plan is to get p2 out this weekend.
    OP updated with p2
    Great work getting this running on the Eris:)
    I was just wondering if anyone would like me to release:
    ICS;
    Paranoid Android
    Cyanogemod 9
    AOKP
    MIUI v4

JB;
    Cyanogenmod 10
    Paranoid Android

If so, they should be released tonight;)