Search This thread

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
attachment.php
attachment.php

Donations are much appreciated!

---> Youtube video preview. <---

Due to Manila 2 being released and ported, I've stopped development on this application. Thanks for the nice comments and dedication!

I loved the idea of a properly working landscape mode, but it did not yet work the way I liked it.
Hence, I checked out their code, see what they found and created and built my own landscape mode.
For a good part using their files, I built most of my own code from the ground up.
This is - in my perspective - the best part of XDA, building upon the work of others, sharing knowledge, making the best out of all we got.

Now, it's time to share!

Updates:

** NOTE: Before updating, always uninstall previous versions to avoid conflict! **
v2.5 Final
- Replaced calculator with htcCalculator.
- Fixed buttonpress highlight bug.
- Optimized script code with subroutines.
- Reskinned the menu
- Added an option to turn off the landscape mode (hold left button, toggle).
- Updated X1BC to 1.1
- Fixed camera button bug
v2.4
- Fixed startup error (shortcuts removed)
- Added manual shortcuts to program folder in startmenu
- Fixed script reinitialization after manila restart.
- Fixed calculator issues (I hope)
v2.3
- Digitally signed calculator.exe, should work on every device now.
- Fixed an issue where secondtoday.exe would not properly run when starting landscape mode whilst inside an application.
- Fixed a file path in the landscape mortscript.
v2.2
- Fixed calculator path issue.
v2.1
- Worked around compatibility with AE button plus. Currently no HW button support when AE button plus is installed. You will not be able to rotate the screen manually without my script.
- Fixed camera issue where it would place the phone in portrait mode whilst camera app is always landscape, displacing the buttonpresses.
- Fixed calculator skin problem, registry files now correctly tell the app it's using png files.
- Fixed compatibility issue with SSMaPa where _mpman.exe wasn't recognized as being Manila.
- More code optimization
- Moved it back to the windows folder to prevent HTCAlbum picture issues.
v2.0
- Added HW button support using JkingDev's X1BC.
- Exiting an application whilst in landscape mode will now return you to the landscape menu.
- Removed Contacts and Calendar buttons. The softkeys beneath the menu fulfill these functions.
- Added camera and album buttons.
- Improved the script code to make it able to deal with more exceptions
- Added new wvga landscape calculator (some graphic issues still exist with it, but all functions work).
v1.1
- Now localization independant (installs to windows folder instead of program files)
- Now waits for manila to restart when it ends and loops the script back up when it does. (effectively makes it restart after using panels)

Features:

Integrated Application Modules: (so you don't have to install these apps seperately)
- Mortscript
- X1BC v1.1
- Secondtoday
- rlToday
- HTC Calculator (WVGA & Scientific in landscape)

Landscape Buttons:
1. Messages, opens outlook.
2. Calculator, starts the calculator.
3. Camera, opens the camera application.
4. Internet, starts opera.
5. Album, opens HTC album.
6. Media, starts windows media player.
7. Notes, opens the notes application.
8. Files, starts the file manager.

Installation:
- Download AnX1 TF3D Landscape v2.5x.zip
- Unzip the .cab file onto your phone memory or storage card.
- Run the cabinet file and install to phone memory.
- Reboot your phone.
- Slide out the keyboard or hold the right HW button for half a second and enjoy!
- Hold the left HW button to toggle the application from showing.

Modification and Skins:

To install the Shadowsong Skin, download and run the attached AnX1 Landscape TF3D v2.5x Shadowsong Skin.cab

There are many things you can do with this installation, as it incorporates not only a landscape menu, but also utilizes other applications to run.
Two of these in specific are easily customizable, so I will give a short summary of what you can do to change this landscape mode.

1) rlToday
My application will install to your phone in the folder \AnX1.
There you will find a folder named "Modules".
This folder contains all the different apps that my application uses.
When you open the rlToday folder you will find a dll, an ini file and two folders containing skin files.
To edit the skin, create a new folder, create a skin using my existing skins as template and copy it in there with the skin.xml file.
To modify the skin displayed and what programs the landscape menu launches, modify: "\AnX1\Modules\rlToday\rlToday.ini"
The lines in that ini file will speak for themselves.
This is how you set the skin to "Shadowsong" now, there is no longer a seperate cab.

2) X1BC
X1BC was created by JKingDev.
In his thread you will find what the different registry keys do and how you can make it work the way you want it to.
I've configured it to catch a long keypress from the right HW button and make it shift to landscape mode, a long keypress on the left button toggles the landscape mode, enable/disable.
See this thread for more information on how to edit your HW keybinds.

Known Issues:

- A 3px line showing whatever is under the application still shows. Can't seem to fix this one easily.

Acknowledgements:

Mort - Mortscript
Chi-Tai Dang - Secondtoday
Andre Adrian - rlToday
Mbarvian - rlToday Landscape
JkingDev - X1BC
Chalid - Landscape port to X1
panosha - WVGA Calculator
Karlson2k - Animation enhancing

Donations:
turnstar - €5,-

Last edited:

loonaticsz

Nov 20, 2008
Jakarta
CooL !! it work and its fast!!! :eek:

it does what it suppose to, no kick back while in landscape to portrait mode
and showing TF3D instantly when flip back to portrait ;)
Great job... Many thanks Angelusz

Cheers :)

mo.ammi

Jan 4, 2009
just installed it, did a soft reset but it didn't work. Nothing happens when sliding the keyboard out.

i'm currently using Itje's touch-it ROM (dutch version)
tried to open in manually from the program files folder but still no luck.

cosmicdream

Nov 30, 2008
Vienna
hmmm installed it on cmEX absolute touch
after restart i got a popup window.
Window'AnX1Landscape' could not be found
Line 46
(\Programme\AnX1Landscape\AnX1LS.mscr: Minimize ("AnX1Landscape")

As i know that my rom already has a landscape mod... coult it be, that there are conflicts between your version and cmEX version in his rom?

if i slide out my keyboard i only get an empty xperia background.

tia

met3107

Nov 13, 2008
Install this cab and seem to be working fine at first...but after i change panels and back, the landscape mode is not working after a softreset it work again but after changing panel and back..same problem...anything i miss out??

:confused::confused:

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
just installed it, did a soft reset but it didn't work. Nothing happens when sliding the keyboard out.

i'm currently using Itje's touch-it ROM (dutch version)
tried to open in manually from the program files folder but still no luck.

Ah, the problem might lie in the localization indeed. What is your "program files" folder called? I will release a localization fix once I find the correct path.

hmmm installed it on cmEX absolute touch
after restart i got a popup window.
Line 46

As i know that my rom already has a landscape mod... coult it be, that there are conflicts between your version and cmEX version in his rom?

if i slide out my keyboard i only get an empty xperia background.

tia
yes, it's very probable that my script conflicts with cmEX landscape. The best way to fix this is either manually removing cmEX landscape, or installing cmEX his CAB for landscape (so the files are overwritten, telling your phones what the paths are) and then uninstalling it to get rid of it. I will see if there's an easier way I can help you to do this.

Install this cab and seem to be working fine at first...but after i change panels and back, the landscape mode is not working after a softreset it work again but after changing panel and back..same problem...anything i miss out??

Hmm, you said you changed panels, what did you change it to? Also, did it not work after you changed back to manila?

MacCarron

Dec 9, 2008
Treviso
I too get the popup with error:

Line 46

I'm currently using itje's Touch-IT Xperience v2.2

I'm sure this is just a temporary holdup though, thanks a lot for your efforts! :D

Last edited:

ozhone

Jan 17, 2009
workin fine on itje´s touch it XX rom. Any way to change the programs for other ones (like change calculator for new note, or file explorer for resco explorer...)
good job!

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
I too get the popup with error:

Line 46

I'm currently using itje's Touch-IT Xperience v2.2

I'm sure this is just a temporary holdup though, thanks a lot for your efforts! :D
What localization is your WM? Not WWE if I'm right.

workin fine on itje´s touch it XX rom. Any way to change the programs for other ones (like change calculator for new note, or file explorer for resco explorer...)
good job!

Yes, you can customize it by editing the files that install to your \Program Files\AnX1Landscape folder.

Last edited:

MacCarron

Dec 9, 2008
Treviso
What localization is your WM? Not WWE if I'm right.

Indeed. It is italian. Rather stupid of me not realising it ;) (in the error i actually get \Programmi\... and not \Programme\, i just copied/pasted the previously reported error). If you tell me which file needs to be edited i can try and fix this myself (provided it's not an epic effort ;)) without wasting your time. Thanks!

Angelusz

Nov 16, 2008
Nijmegen
Indeed. It is italian. Rather stupid of me not realising it ;) (in the error i actually get \Programmi\... and not \Programme\, i just copied/pasted the previously reported error). If you tell me which file needs to be edited i can try and fix this myself (provided it's not an epic effort ;)) without wasting your time. Thanks!

I will upload two localization fixes tonight; NL and IT.

will this work in TF3D beta 2? thanks!
Yes, it should work in beta 2 just fine.

orionpax22

Dec 8, 2008

Same problem encountered. after running smoothly, once i exited the panel and went back, landscape wouldn't work! did not do anything in tf3d...:confused:

l0rdsheva

Nov 3, 2004
Gallarate
Good job man it run well and smooth! I can't guess why once installed the camera key doesn't work. What's the tecnical problem?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi angelusz,

i installed v2.0, it seems that the X1BC conflict with my AE button plus, it keep saying cannot hook something, the problem is im using jack's Rom and AE button is in my ROM so i cant remove it and still dont know how to :eek:

just wanna let u know ;)

and now im back to v1.1 so far no problem, running beautifully :)

Cheers
    Oh. I can imagine that gives some problems. What is the manila process called? Also, what is the window called, "start"? I'll see if I can add support for that manila.

I have no idea on both accounts.