Bugs

99 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By mattymon, Member on 27th April 2012, 11:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th April 2012, 02:29 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I have noticed the wifi issue. It's fine when I'm near the hotspot (say, in my living room), but if I go out onto my deck, a place that other phones have no issue with, it goes completely squirrelly.

Rogers LTE is definitely weaker on this phone than on the Samsungs. At work, I get one bar with this phone (sometimes two) when I'm on LTE. With my Note, I got 3 or 4. It doesn't seem to affect the speed at all though.

28th April 2012, 04:02 PM |#12  
Flag McKinney, TX
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Bars mean nothing... check the signal strength in dB to do a fair comparison...
28th April 2012, 06:01 PM |#13  
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 8

More
LTE has been fine on mine but again I am in Calgary and the Rogers coverage here isn't the best for LTE, so I don't get in the coverage area often but even without LTE coverage my device is pulling 12-13/Mbs which I am more than content with.

I have experienced some minor signal issues with Wifi but nothing worse than what I have experienced in the past with my Galaxy SII (I9100M). The only real bug I have experienced is in the official twitter app.

Each time I go to compose a tweet the screen sometimes glitches out for a second before the popup to compose the tweet appears. That is all I have found so far.
28th April 2012, 06:22 PM |#14  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvirginia

i believe our model is PJ83100... i could be wrong on that though.

I don't think that's the correct number.

I've been looking into this over the last few days. After all the videos I watched and reviews I read, etc. I can only find two models of the One X. The HSPA/WCDMA "International" variant, the S720e; and the HSPA/WCDMA/LTE variant, the X325a.

Everyone in this forum should have the X325a.
E.Cadro
28th April 2012, 07:02 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
The pj83100 is the number listed on the pre order
HTC
America
Inc.
PJ83100
WHT
PHONE
Maybe just the number used for pre order or something

Sent from wherever I am!
29th April 2012, 01:50 AM |#16  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 78

More
Ah, I just got the "no SMS notification" bug.

It happens when you leave the SMS app open when the screen is shut off. Even off, it assumes you're in the app and doesn't generate a notification.
29th April 2012, 03:01 AM |#17  
Flag Temecula,
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~David

I can safely say I have not encountered any of those issues yet.

LTE is working great (on Telus). No issues with WiFi. All SMS notifications are working. Haven't received any Facebook PMs yet, so not sure about that.

One issue I have noticed, though I'm not sure if it's with the device or with specific apps, is that some apps that have a dedicated menu key will still show the soft menu key at the bottom of the screen.

e.g...

Note the app has it's own menu key, yet the soft menu key is still visible.

That is how ICS (Android 4.0x) displays the menu button on legacy apps that have not been upgraded to the new ICS standards yet when being displayed on a phone with hard buttons like the One X. When a phone has the on screen buttons native in ICS (like on the Galaxy Nexus or some tablets) those dots show up as a fourth button on the bottom menu bar. Over time, as developers come into compliance with the new guidelines, I am sure the dots will go away or move to the top where they are supposed to be. I see that that app has a menu button up top but I would try something like Google Voice that is done "the right way" to see if you get the same result. For now though it is a monster waste of space.
29th April 2012, 04:36 AM |#18  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I get the sms notification bug as well. And I think it happens not only when you have the app open and the screen off, but also sometimes when you're using the phone (and maybe the app is running in the background).

Also experiencing the black screen and re-loading when app switching.

One that hasn't been mentioned, is while typing, I sometimes get a "strobe" like flash of the screen. It flashes really brightly for a mili-second, and then back to normal. I don't think this should be confused with the "flickering" that so many people who have the international version are talking about. I'm using swiftkey, so I suppose it could be related to that, but I don't think so.

Hopefully all of these bugs are software related and will be taken care of with an update.
29th April 2012, 05:10 AM |#19  
OP Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 10

More
They seem all software related. Im of course experiencing similar issues! the phone still rocks! just some bugs need to be resolved. But nothing to hinder your daily use.
29th April 2012, 07:37 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
My WiFi/SMS notifs are fine, however as for Facebook, I've never had a single device that properly notified me when receiving a message, and therefore deem that a Facebook issue, not a One X issue. I've not had any problems with mine whatsoever.
29th April 2012, 08:39 AM |#21  
Flag Lakeland, Fl
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Same here, my Facebook has never worked properly...? I wonder if FB is aware.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)