488 posts
Thanks Meter: 52

By netstat_EVO, Senior Member on 29th March 2011, 06:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th October 2011, 04:03 PM |#101  
Flag JB
Thanks Meter: 10

More
i dun understand wat is going on here,,,plz help...
4th November 2011, 05:31 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
MBW-150 Music Edition Source
Hi Folks,

I too have an MBW-150 and the OLED has faded and finally died. I've been lurking here and following this thread for about 6 months in the hopes that someone would find a solution, but no luck yet. So, I started doing more searching and, for those of us in the US, I think I have a potential solution. I found a site that claims to have a ton of the Music Edition of the MBW-150 in stock (the website says 100+). It says that they are new and the price is only $59 with free shipping. Sooooo.... I took a chance and ordered one. It arrived yesterday and GOOD NEWS!, it looks to be new and the OLED works great. It arrived in a plain brown box (the watch was in the nice small leather looking original box but it was not in the large fancy box that my first one arrived in). It had all of the accessories but no instructions (which I still had from my first watch). I charged it up and the OLEDs are nice and bright and there is zero signs of wear on the watch and or band. I'm not affiliated with this distributor and do not stand to make a penny from any sales and can only vouch for what I received in the mail (only took a few days to arrive). I'm not sure if I can post the URL here but, let me know and I'll post it if anyone in the US is interested in what appears to be a new MBW-150 Music Edition for $59.
4th November 2011, 06:25 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcw1

Hi Folks,

I too have an MBW-150 and the OLED has faded and finally died. I've been lurking here and following this thread for about 6 months in the hopes that someone would find a solution, but no luck yet. So, I started doing more searching and, for those of us in the US, I think I have a potential solution. I found a site that claims to have a ton of the Music Edition of the MBW-150 in stock (the website says 100+). It says that they are new and the price is only $59 with free shipping. Sooooo.... I took a chance and ordered one. It arrived yesterday and GOOD NEWS!, it looks to be new and the OLED works great. It arrived in a plain brown box (the watch was in the nice small leather looking original box but it was not in the large fancy box that my first one arrived in). It had all of the accessories but no instructions (which I still had from my first watch). I charged it up and the OLEDs are nice and bright and there is zero signs of wear on the watch and or band. I'm not affiliated with this distributor and do not stand to make a penny from any sales and can only vouch for what I received in the mail (only took a few days to arrive). I'm not sure if I can post the URL here but, let me know and I'll post it if anyone in the US is interested in what appears to be a new MBW-150 Music Edition for $59.

Could you PM me a link? I am in Canada though, hopefully they ship over here too. I wonder if I can "transplant" the electronics over to my Exec edition. (Swap hands and back so except for the non-white display it still has the Exec look)

Swapping the display only is out of question - trying to desolder it for sure will kill it.
4th November 2011, 09:32 PM |#104  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcw1

Hi Folks,

Would anyone with the instruction manual be so kind as to scan an post a copy or email it to me? I orered one of these two days ago and like the poster above, it arrived without insructions. I'm slightly perturbed, as I can't seem to find them ANYWHERE online, including Sony and SonyEricsson.com. Ugh.
4th November 2011, 10:47 PM |#105  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeln2672

Would anyone with the instruction manual be so kind as to scan an post a copy or email it to me? I orered one of these two days ago and like the poster above, it arrived without insructions. I'm slightly perturbed, as I can't seem to find them ANYWHERE online, including Sony and SonyEricsson.com. Ugh.

I found it on line here: //safemanuals.com/user-guide-instructions-owner-manual/SONY%20ERICSSON/BLUETOOTH-%20WATCH%20MBW-150%20CLASSIC%20EDITION-_M

just add http at the beginning.
5th November 2011, 03:25 AM |#106  
Flag Irving, TX
Thanks Meter: 513

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leobg

Could you PM me a link? I am in Canada though, hopefully they ship over here too. I wonder if I can "transplant" the electronics over to my Exec edition. (Swap hands and back so except for the non-white display it still has the Exec look)

Swapping the display only is out of question - trying to desolder it for sure will kill it.

Here's the link I posted in the OpenWatch thread: http://www.expansys-usa.com/s.aspx?search=mbw

That's a good idea about transplanting the electronics. Let us know how that works for you. I have already removed the hands from one of mine and unsoldered the display, hoping I would be able to find a replacement, but to no avail.
9th November 2011, 07:28 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Email sent to Osram Opto semiconductors
Hello
This is my first post on xda..
I am on my second mbw-150 (a replacement.) and the display is already starting to fade right out of the box.
My wife have a mbw-200 and it shows not fadeing yet. Still crisp bright.
The 200 have a smaller display and my guess it probably is of a better production.

I have located the osram superconductor Oled 96x16 as shown here previously and sent them mail today.
We will see what they respond to the matter.
I will def try to solder this myself.

brgds
Nicholas
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ninjarider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ninjarider Ad-Free
10th November 2011, 11:51 AM |#108  
Flag Varazdin

More
If you, or someone else, finds company that still sells displays that work on MBW-150, you could order 2 more (2 white OR 2 red) for me.
I am willing to pay price for display + shipping costs + shipping to my address (Croatia, Europe) + some $$ for your effort
11th November 2011, 08:15 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Need specs of mbw-150 display
Hello folks

Im getting emails from mfg co. There are some small variations on displays from mfg co.

Anyone having specs on our oled?

Nicholas

Ps I have found size of our Oleds.......
The Following User Says Thank You to Ninjarider For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ninjarider Ad-Free
11th November 2011, 09:11 AM |#110  

More
This is very good news.
12th November 2011, 02:43 AM |#111  
Flag Varazdin

More
Talking Waiting for news
And Ninjarider, any news?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags