FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 GPU

[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2tmo) Stable 9.0

258 posts
Thanks Meter: 774

By nicklovell23, Senior Member on 21st May 2014, 01:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
  • The Real Dark Slim
    • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
  • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere with SlimPie Controls.
    • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
  • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
    • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimPie - Easily access frequently used command at anytime.
  • SlimCenter
    • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
  • Camera Features
    • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Video Preview of the Rom -

Important SlimRom links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Please Note, All the Variants of Samsung Galaxy S3 for North America are now combined under one umbrella Device called D2LTE.

Stable Release Downloads - Download the Most recent Stable Release of the Rom. Also provides a Change Log.

Weekly Release Downloads - Latest and most up to date Code. Given its weekly nature, there might Possibly be a bug or two.

Google Apps Download Stable Release or Beta Release.- This features 3 different Packages Minimal, Full and All in One (AIO). You may also want to visit [GAPPS][4.4.x] Official Slim GApps TRDS (Slimkat)

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch!

Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

G+ Facebook SlimRoms Forum

If you are interested in helping the project,

If you are interested in Theming -

To those who are interested in Themes, the following two theme engines have been found to be working satisfactorily by XDA user @jorv976

You may wish to use either

Xtheme Engine
- XTheme Engine beta5 It will want Xposed Framework. You will be interested in #10 of the XTheme Thread. It has a mini Guide on applying themes.

OR

HK Theme Manager - Thread and its themes.

Here are a few Sample Screens after theming.

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat (d2tmo), ROM for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S III

Contributors
nicklovell23, SlimRoms, Perseus, Tylog
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 9.0
Stable Release Date: 2014-12-29
Current Beta Version: 8.20
Beta Release Date: 2014-12-22

Created 2014-05-21
Last Updated 2014-12-31
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to nicklovell23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nicklovell23 Ad-Free

21st May 2014, 04:32 AM |#2  
Flag Holyoke
Thanks Meter: 38

More
sgh-t999L?
Can it be flashed on sgh-t999L?
The Following User Says Thank You to cronikman84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cronikman84 Ad-Free
21st May 2014, 05:05 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 774

More
What carrier is that?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to nicklovell23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nicklovell23 Ad-Free
21st May 2014, 05:23 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Wow...I'm impressed and from what I can see it is the best KitKat Build available on S3.

Running this on my T-mobile T999 unlocked and rooted and your version 5.2 is running perfectly so far. Few items of interest that I need include:
  • Bluetooth - works perfectly for me and my headsets
  • Clean Interface
  • Open Ended Customization
  • Black (everything)

Keep up the great work and Big Thumbs Up! Sorli...
The Following User Says Thank You to bsorli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bsorli Ad-Free
21st May 2014, 07:22 AM |#5  
Flag Tooele, utah
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cronikman84

Can it be flashed on sgh-t999L?

Yes you should be able to it is the lte version of d2tmo

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to scott7175 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift scott7175 Ad-Free
21st May 2014, 05:11 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Nicklovell23,

I know this is not in the right forum, but by chance would this work on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-i8190 Mini (International) and presently running native JB and using ATT/Straight Talk cell service?

My wife and I have been waiting patiently for Kit Kat on our S3, but as you are aware both phones were dropped since they wouldn't support Kit Kat and TouchWiz with only 1gb of RAM. SlimKat is working pretty darn perfect and I'm not having any problems with it and not missing TouchWiz at all besides maybe dedicated VOIP (originally provided by T-mobile and that I'm looking now for other options).

Either way, would this be possible and would like your opinion if this can even be done? on a S3 Mini GT-i8190?

Thanks,

Sorli...
21st May 2014, 06:33 PM |#7  

More
I am getting a no root privileges error. Nevermind it has to be activated in Developer Settings.

Thanks
21st May 2014, 06:37 PM |#8  
Flag Tooele, utah
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nafeasonto

I am getting a no root privileges error.

Enable it in developer options

21st May 2014, 06:55 PM |#9  
Flag Holyoke

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklovell23

What carrier is that?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

T-Mobile LTE?

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott7175

Yes you should be able to it is the lte version of d2tmo

sweet, Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to cronikman84 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cronikman84 Ad-Free
21st May 2014, 11:13 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsorli

Wow...I'm impressed and from what I can see it is the best KitKat Build available on S3.

Running this on my T-mobile T999 unlocked and rooted and your version 5.2 is running perfectly so far. Few items of interest that I need include:

• Bluetooth - works perfectly for me and my headsets
  • Clean Interface
  • Open Ended Customization
  • Black (everything)

Keep up the great work and Big Thumbs Up! Sorli...

Which download did you choose?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
21st May 2014, 11:33 PM |#11  
Flag Planet Earth
Thanks Meter: 158

More
which one very confusing
Cannot find download link for tmobile (d2mo) confusing pls. post the link...this what I see.....http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/do...egory/1035-4-4
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)